• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Wow, thanks for this link, this is externally helpful. So out of the Wooded areas I have been referring to, I see one wooded area as "HOA Open Space" and the one which is behind my house as marked as PAR G. Open Space, which would tell me that this is HOA property? I see the line of demarcation (I assume) with the name "HOA Name" P.U.D, which states the HOA area ends and another property begins. Based off this information, if my assumptions are correct, as long as i have HOA approval I should be GTG as long as a deer does not run across the P.U.D line for retrieval. In the event it does, go knock on the door and ask for permission first, prior to retrieving the deer. Sound about right?

sounds right to me...but Im not a lawyer...I think if you are responsible 95% of the people wouldn't even know you take any deer out of there...The only people that knew I took deer out of there was the neighbors whose property I hunted on...everyone else could care less...I think the worst one was a doe I shot with a bow that ran close to a half a mile away if not more...luckily I recovered it and dragged it back as quick as possible. The shot was placed good the expandable blade didn't open like it should. I switched to rage broadheads and 60yds is the most the deer ran. I dragged them off the developments land and on to the neighbors. In 3 seasons of hunting I never had a DNR or even a neighbor say a word to me. I even hunted with muzzle loader which I thought for sure would get DNR out there but it didn't...Good luck!

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    All I have had a shot on is birds and I keep missing them by mere inches!!:o The deer I see I cant shoot because I didn't bring my bow...the birds I see I cant shoot/hit because I didn't bring my shotgun:sad20::sad20: :o

Last edited:

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    All I have had a shot on is birds and I keep missing them by mere inches!!:o The deer I see I cant shoot because I didn't bring my bow...the birds I see I cant shoot/hit because I didn't bring my shotgun:sad20::sad20: :o

Well, when you can hit birds, then you plenty of practice for the Deer. That's why I took up Chipmunk hunting with the bow.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    chipmunks are protected here:sad20:
    :lol2:yeah I just have to get my timing correct...one day I'll get a deer with my bow and a bird with my shotgun:lol2::D

I never said I have actually put an arrow in one Wil... But, if you wanna be a grand archer than you just try to put an arrow in one of them little suckers. I think they are faster than Humming birds. LOL

I'm just waiting for the day that a Deer will come out on the same side of the farm that I am on. Currently they finding the opposing side of the property. Everytime. Besides it really too warm to hunt a Deer in my opinion. I don't mind MD DNR giving us this extra week, but, overall it is a big waste. They should extend the end of the season by 2 weeks and make it end on something like February 15th for example. I'm still not quite sure what the additional week was added for anyway. Technically it doesn't make any sense.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    I never said I have actually put an arrow in one Wil... But, if you wanna be a grand archer than you just try to put an arrow in one of them little suckers. I think they are faster than Humming birds. LOL

I'm just waiting for the day that a Deer will come out on the same side of the farm that I am on. Currently they finding the opposing side of the property. Everytime. Besides it really too warm to hunt a Deer in my opinion. I don't mind MD DNR giving us this extra week, but, overall it is a big waste. They should extend the end of the season by 2 weeks and make it end on something like February 15th for example. I'm still not quite sure what the additional week was added for anyway. Technically it doesn't make any sense.

I got chipmunks all over my bear bait...Also I never had good luck in Sept shooting a deer..they were to skiddish/scarce or something...when the food started running out elsewhere the corn I put down drew them in! Our late bow season ends 24 Dec here:sad20: I wish it would go into Jan but with one tag for deer it would make for a long season...

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    Chipmunks are protected in MD- don't shoot them. Don't call me after your cat killed one and ask me if I can mount it. No-can-do unless you have a salvage permit from DNR.

I'm not sure why DNR opened the season a week earlier- maybe for the excitement of going after a velvet buck? Yes, us taxidermists are a cabal similar to the Illuminati, and we are behind this so that we can get some extra mounts in due to hunters having to get these velvet bucks mounted. LOL

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    Chipmunks are protected in MD- don't shoot them. Don't call me after your cat killed one and ask me if I can mount it. No-can-do unless you have a salvage permit from DNR.

I'm not sure why DNR opened the season a week earlier- maybe for the excitement of going after a velvet buck? Yes, us taxidermists are a cabal similar to the Illuminati, and we are behind this so that we can get some extra mounts in due to hunters having to get these velvet bucks mounted. LOL

Thanks. We are aware of this. Read the rely...

I can't imagine it being for Velvet Bucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom