• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    I received mine today as well. This is troubling in many ways but also in that they held them during appeal to 4th Circuit but will not hold them for the en banc appeal and the appeal to SCOTUS, both of which will likely happen. If they deny us then we have to admit on any other application we have been denied. If this is overturned then will we have to pay again and reapply? I would like the denial letter to say that the only reason we were denied is the G&S and without that requirement we are fully able to carry.

I wonder how the liberals in this state would react if a woman had to show G&S reason before she could get an abortion and had to pay a fee to have her medical records checked to verify...

Has MSI provided any guidance on how to proceed? I know this attorney is looking for people who were denied.

http://www.ammoland.com/2010/07/denied-a-md-firearms-carry-permit/#axzz2T0fIIhVt

Maybe an attorney handling ALL of our denials would be a better thing. Otherwise we're disorganized and fragmented!

Perhaps the Attorney could be contacted by MSI to see what they have up their sleeve. Class Action suit comes to mind.

Taurus85

Jun 25, 2011
    Rosedale, MD
    I think you are right. I open my mail today, 05/11/2013. MSP letter dated 05/08/2013, DENIED based on FoUrth Circuit ruling. We can no longer hold your application due to the absence of any stated 'good and substantial reason. Unless MSI does something for all 350 apps sent in during Judge Leggs ruling. You can forget getting a CCW in this STATE.

Winterborn

Moved to Texas
    Aug 19, 2010
    Arlington, TX
    I got one today too. I carry business cash and usually have about 10k worth of equipment in the truck when I'm working, we will see if that is good and substantial enough.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

pablo

Backpfeifengesicht
    Oct 13, 2009
    Baltimore City
    Got my letter today. Will appeal if denied. We should all appeal in similar fashion. I Don't believe a magic G&S exists. Will be watching this thread closely..

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    Thanks for the info. If there is a 90 day window, does the additional 30 days they gave to provide G & S push past that date? I guess I am just trying to give them the benefit of the doubt on this being a purely slap-in-the-face thing...
    No...as you aren't party to the suit.

90 days is the timeline for Gura to ask the Supreme Court to hear the case.

ETA: that clock started counting about a week or two ago when CA4 said no to an en banc hearing.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    Keep it alive administratively as long as you can.

Keep the faith
    Yes this. Because if you wait until 30 days to appeal to the review board, then Gura files for cert, the review board might put your applications and your review hearing in limbo.

ETA: while this isn't ideal, you still have an app that is held open if they choose to do this and cert is filed for (and it will be filed).

This stinks, but after the CA4 ruling it is not unexpected. I have a feeling this has less to do with the new suit on wait times and more to do with the looking SB281 requirements to receive a new carry permit. If people are discouraged by the current process, they will only be more discouraged over the new 16 hours of training requirements.

hogrider

Jan 23, 2013
    can someone do a poll...I can't seem to do it

that way we will have a more accurate record of those who have been rejected...

please start new thread for this

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    Yes this. Because if you wait until 30 days to appeal to the review board, then Gura files for cert, the review board might put your applications and your review hearing in limbo.

I think that Gansler, I mean, MSP has already factored this into their thinking, before sending out the deniel letter.

Mr H

Banana'd
    I received mine today as well. This is troubling in many ways but also in that they held them during appeal to 4th Circuit but will not hold them for the en banc appeal and the appeal to SCOTUS, both of which will likely happen. If they deny us then we have to admit on any other application we have been denied. If this is overturned then will we have to pay again and reapply? I would like the denial letter to say that the only reason we were denied is the G&S and without that requirement we are fully able to carry.

I wonder how the liberals in this state would react if a woman had to show G&S reason before she could get an abortion and had to pay a fee to have her medical records checked to verify...

Has MSI provided any guidance on how to proceed? I know this attorney is looking for people who were denied.

http://www.ammoland.com/2010/07/denied-a-md-firearms-carry-permit/#axzz2T0fIIhVt

TECHNICALLY, it appears that no one receiving these letters has been denied yet. There may be action we will need to take if we don't have "G&S", but this is just now happening.

Also, it's uncertain that it can be called retributive for the filing of the lawsuit. Personally, I doubt it.

hogrider

Jan 23, 2013
    I think that Gansler, I mean, MSP has already factored this into their thinking, before sending out the deniel letter.

the MSP is just the messenger ...

and just the worker bees...

the Masters are in State House in Annapolis

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    Imagine looking your kid in the eye and saying, "yep, I am working to take the rights of all law abiding mothers and fathers away from protecting their children". Then the kid saying "but it's ok for them to protect their money?"...

How can they? Honestly?

I hear you. I dont get how they think, and it seems no matter what argument is presented...the outcome is the same. At this point, I just want them voted out of office :)

No...as you aren't party to the suit.

90 days is the timeline for Gura to ask the Supreme Court to hear the case.

ETA: that clock started counting about a week or two ago when CA4 said no to an en banc hearing.

Thanks for the additional info. I guess this is just another way to collect more fees...

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    Thanks for the additional info. I guess this is just another way to collect more fees...

No problem, but it is more motivated by them not wanting to allow citizens to carry. Ceding power to the citizens is not something that tyrants do withou a fight. There is a calculation here on the state's part, and if we win I for one can't wait to see these dick munchers cry in their wheaties every single day.

If I were looking for my denial letter, I'd wait until the actual denial. Then I'd wait to denial day +25 and send a certified request for a review. If they have me the option to administratively "reschedule" I would. And I would do this as many times as possible until Gura files for cert and then is ask for as much leeway as possible pending that outcome. No they don't have to grant it, but y'all need to play the game the state is playing too.

TwinTurboDiesel

Hellbilly Punk
    May 21, 2012
    Bel Air, MD
    It is still beyond me how a veteran can be denied this, for what you risked and sacrificed to protect our freedoms this is how they repay you. Total B.S. I believe all active duty and honorably discharged military should automatically qualify, just my opinion.

I have an issue with this. A friend of mine that I graduated with in 07 that joined the military (army) has posted pictures and videos on FACEBOOK from Afgan of them doing some STUPID things with weapons. Including holding his issued AR to his chin with finger on the trigger in uniform. From one that has been through the "training" and is held to a big responsibility, that seems pretty irresponsible to me.

Not saying it happens a lot but still point being.

Just my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom