• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Omnipotent

Semper Fi
    Jan 10, 2013
    MoCo
    Maybe he should focus on his crime committing son..and not the hardworking american who scratched and saved to afford an AR.

JAY1234

Retired Radioman Chief
    Dec 1, 2012
    St Marys County Maryland
    During Pearl Harbor Army and Marines were throwing potatoes at Japanese airplanes. Anything that can be put in the air at the same altitude of the airplane can bring it down, IF the airplane flies into it. I guess Jesse is putting this out to impress the anti-gun people, the ones that know absolutely nothing about a firearms makeup, usage, or safety features.

Infantry23

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2012
    Hagerstown
    More than a few army manuals (to include the Common Task Manual IIRC) tell you to aim 200m in front of a fixed-wing aircraft and 100m in front of rotary-wing aircraft. However, I recall someone commenting on this "possibility" once. That someone was quickly berated by his NCO and told that if he starts shooting into the sky he'd kick his ass because it's a waste of time and ammo! Possible, sure. So is the likelihood of me winning the power ball.

Les Gawlik

Ultimate Member
    Apr 2, 2009
    During Pearl Harbor Army and Marines were throwing potatoes at Japanese airplanes.

Oh, geesh. Waiting periods for Yukon Golds now? Will Sweet Potatoes be banned as copycat tubers, even though they're not really potatoes?

SomeGuy

Jan 19, 2013
    Severna Park
    Oh, geesh. Waiting periods for Yukon Golds now? Will Sweet Potatoes be banned as copycat tubers, even though they're not really potatoes?

^^^^ Funny

But Yukon Golds are Canadian - so we will have to worry about import restrictions. Unable to buy in bags larger than 10#

Today tubers - Tomorrow they will come for all root vegetables.
    Our children will never know the simple joy of cooking with a sugar beet
    Or what Carrot Cake tasted like before the mandatory maximum beta-carotene level were set by the FDA.

Potato Guns will now be called Potato Cannons.
    Will not be allowed to be made out of anything ANSI Schedule 40 or higher.
    Air tanks of no more than 2.5 cubic feet and 100 psi or less.

Kilroy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2011
    I'm pretty sure I got ripped off. My AR-15 doesn't have the plane-shooting attachment, spray heat-seeking cop killer bullets, can't go full-auto by filing down the firing pin, or have the shoulder thing that goes up, but it still cost me $1500. Does anyone know if I can file a suit over this? I thought I was buying a deadly battlefield assault weapon! What I got does none of this stuff...

md123

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    They are effective on intercontinental ballistic missiles too.

It was called the Star Wars program, I believe....AR's were installed to shoot down any nukes that come our way.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    He's parroting a leftist lie. Other politicians have made the same idiotic claim over the past few weeks.

jlselect127

Nov 30, 2012
    Jessie Jackson is a tool like every other talking pos head from hannity to Schultz, oreiley to maddow....f every last one of them who spout nonsense

Kharstin

Cruffler
    Feb 15, 2012
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Remember, according to the commercials in the 80's, a Ginsu knife can cut through a canoe, I bet that means they can cut through a plane too! If Jackson knew that, I bet he would want them banned as well, lol

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    More than a few army manuals (to include the Common Task Manual IIRC) tell you to aim 200m in front of a fixed-wing aircraft and 100m in front of rotary-wing aircraft.

So for an Osprey, do we split the difference and aim 150m in front?

On second thought, it's probably a waste of ammo - left alone they'll eventually crash all by themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom