• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sportstud4891

Resident SMIB
    Jun 7, 2011
    Chuck County
    I googled Mike Miller Robocall and found that Mike miller did indeed protest robocalling.

Mike Miller of District 166, in Georgia.

Can I say "premature ejaculation" on this board?

LOL. I've been trying to google this for that last half hour and couldn't find it. That would explain it. Still think everybody needs to email him and their reps and let them know about how unhappy we are with how the hearing went. It's the only way they'll fix it for next time.

Edit: Nevermind. Just saw that somebody posted the link. What an ass. That deserves another email.

bn_bullet

Nov 15, 2008
    Southern Maryland
    Like many others here, I too am a Lifetime NRA member yet I did not receive a phonecall, e-mail, or even a postcard. Unfortunately, the NRA does not seem to give much attention to MD.

Miller's statement is quite offensive in that he discounts the efforts of some many. I am disgusted.

bmonast

Feb 1, 2011
    Gamber, MD
    Also a lifetime NRA member, recent upgrade to Benefactor but like you all no phone call, however I did receive a post card in the mail last week. Let them work Washington.

amonch

Feb 2, 2010
    Howard County
    Because of the turnout they were faced with, they used the only defense mechanism left: blame the NRA for sending their "drones" to Annapolis. I wish they could get out of their liberal dream land and face reality. I was not there from 0900 to 2130 because of a “robocall”. By late afternoon there was no one left to testify for SB281, only against, so they were letting anyone go up and testify whether they had signed up or not. Pretty sad when you can’t face reality….

Mr H

Banana'd
    Senator Brian Frosh said "It worked reasonably well. We really got the core of all the arguments heard within the first two hours."

Oh... OK....

Hear 10 from each side and call it a day. Numbers don't matter, huh? Idealogical blinders and willful assholedness. Yeah, I said it.

Mortar forker.

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    I got a Robocall from the NRA (2/4). It said to call my delegate, Mark Fisher and senator, MIKE MILLER (he is my Senator) regarding the bill. It DID NOT mention the rally.

Jan 25, 2013
    Hagerstown Md
    pisses me off, back to the emails

One for Mr Miller

I was dismayed to hear on a news clip today your theory behind the large turnout to oppose SB281. I have at no time in my life been a member of the NRA nor did I receive a "robocall" to show up. I heard no mention of "robocalls" from others either. Many people still believe in the United States of America, it's founding documents and principals. What you witnessed yesterday was a outpouring from the people of the state you represent to let you and the other elected officials it is not OK to infringe on the rights that are guaranteed in the constitution. A march on the nations capital by "The Million Moms" garnered less than 1/3rd of the crowd on a Saturday, not the middle of a week. The people are speaking up for their rights. Remember every elected official took a oath to uphold the constitution. You and the legislature were elected for the people, by the people. You were not elected to rule the people or vote your parties talking points, vote the voice of the people.

Disgusted and dismayed NON NRA member that received no "robocall"

BeltBuckle

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2008
    MoCo, MD
    these jackwagons have me so angry...

just sent the following to Miller:

Senator Miller – I am a Maryland resident by choice. When I moved here 30y ago I chose Maryland over Virginia or the District in no small part because I wanted to live in “The Free State.” Your comments following the farcical hearing yesterday on SB 281 make it clear I made a mistake when I moved to Maryland.

I took a day off of work yesterday to attend the hearing. I did not come for the rally, and my voice was not heard. I have never received any robocalls from the NRA, though I have received numerous robocalls calls from Maryland Democratic candidates for office.

When you wrongly say that “Everything would have been fine” were it not for non existent NRA robocalls, you insult me and the thousands of other citizens who traveled to Annapolis to testify against the unconstitutional proposals in SB 281 and similar legislation, all of which have been shown by experience to have no beneficial impacts at reducing gun crimes.

Apart from voting without fail in every election, I have never before been politically active. Your arrogant contempt for the democratic process and the citizens of Maryland has angered me like nothing else that has ever happened in the civic sphere. I am changing my registration from Independent to Democratic just so I can vote against you and the rest of you your corrupt and morally stunted pack.

I attach a copy of the testimony I prepared for yesterday’s miscarried hearing. I hope you will read it so that you may learn something about the area in which you ignorantly and illegally seek to insert State tyranny, and begin to understand why your efforts are so repugnant to so many citizens. You underestimate the anger you have stirred to your political peril.

Sincerely,

Beltbuckle

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    No robocall, just the orange contact your legislators mailer ... with the wrong legislators for my address ... good thing I already knew the correct people & contact info

md123

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    The Beretta employees in Miller's district should set up tents in his front yard for the rest of the GA. They might lose their jobs over this trash feel-good utopia legislation. And he can stop it in it's tracks.

cogcon

COGCON
    MDS Supporter
    I did get a robocall from the NRA a few days ago. I am a NRA member, but I don't think that was the reason. Maybe they were calling conservative districts? The message briefly detailed the faults and encouraged participation in yesterday's rally. Maybe it did mobilize a few people who were on the fence or didn't otherwise know about this. Bottom line, who cares? I would have went regardless. Plus the robocall didn't offer to pay for my mileage or parking! SEN Miller can say what he wants, but the voices of freedom, regardless of party affiliation, was truly loud and clear.

Sportstud4891

Resident SMIB
    Jun 7, 2011
    Chuck County
    I just sent the entire Senate an email stating that I had seen Mike Miller's comments and asking them not to marginalize what happened and to ensure actions are taken to fix the problem for the next time.

radial

Nov 23, 2011
    Boyds
    Yeah, where was my robo-call? I just joined the NRA, so where's the love? What a dumbshit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom