• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Just a Guy at the Range

Dec 13, 2011
    Our September Funshoot will be held on Sept 29th, the 5th Saturday of this month. This is a change from our published schedule, please make a note of it.
    We will be hosting a many stage, ammo eating, falling steel shoot, with a YorkIWLA style twist, which is sure to be a hit. There will be many ways to shoot it, with handgun, pistol carbine or shotgun, or some combination, and the round count will be between about 75 and however much you can bring, so start loading/hoarding now.
    Signup won't officially start until the 23rd, when I post the gruesome details, so all requests will be not be acknowledged until after then.
    Make plans, you are not gonna want to miss this one.
    g

Jackson923

Hell Yeah!
    Jan 25, 2008
    Harford Co
    Thanks g I said I wasn't gonna go because my daughter has a soccer game that day now your making me wanna miss it. PM me with the address you want me to email the pics I have please.
    George

stever

Jan 7, 2009
    harford county
    Interested in shooting the hybrid shotgun/pistol. I want to use my Ruger mark III but don't have a holster for it. Is this a problem shooting the hybrid match?

50bmg

Sep 24, 2011
    Towson, MD
    Would really love to go to this one. I've been meaning to get into 3-gun, so this sounds like a great entrance into the sport. Location?

Also, I assume its pistol, shotgun and rifle? Thinking either 5.56 rifle or 7.62x39 rifle. No problem with these common calibers?

Buddy

Aug 2, 2010
    PA
    Would really love to go to this one. I've been meaning to get into 3-gun, so this sounds like a great entrance into the sport. Location?

Also, I assume its pistol, shotgun and rifle? Thinking either 5.56 rifle or 7.62x39 rifle. No problem with these common calibers?

Pistol caliber carbines

Just a Guy at the Range

Dec 13, 2011

We run 2 types of action shoots at York, a closer range, non movement handgun/carbine (standard handgun calibers) and shotgun funshoot, generally the 4th Saturday of the month, and a handgun/rifle/shotgun hybrid multigun longer distance action thing, generally the second Sunday of the month. The caliber distinction is regulated by the steel targets and distances we use of each of those shoots. Please watch, or better yet subscribe to our blog (in my signature) for up to date details.

g

Last edited:

Just a Guy at the Range

Dec 13, 2011
    22lr isn't going to work. THis is a falling steel match and rimfires won't reliably knock the steel over.

We have come up with a work around for .22, you may bring them (I know a few are bringing their kids for the first time.....). Keep in mind you will not be competitive, for the above reasons, but if you wanna bring it to plink, let me know when you sign up, we would be glad to have you, and I will squad you with other plinkers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom