• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Funny another member and I were discussing this very thing at lunch this week, how we'd be on the terrorist watch list if we did the stuff we did as kids, today.

Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV
    iron oxide from inside a AA battery + hydrogen peroxide...oh, back in the day.......

this is just nuts though...talk about taking the law to the extreme...

motox79

May 24, 2010
    damascus
    c'mon guys, whos never tried drano and foil? But seriously, seems kinda odd to me that a 19yr old kid is hanging out with a couple of 11yr olds

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Were either named Mohamed ? :rolleyes:

Funny but valid point there. :innocent0

MPDC - I'll give you that, if they made something more of a hardcore nature, like a pipe-bomb, yeah..., they got to get their asses lit up for that.

Other than something with REAL destructive power, put a scare into them, and let the parents tan their asses.

We'll just have to see what they made and go from there.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    I remember when "a friend of mine" took apart 100's of black cats in the basement and dumped the powder into a plastic cup. Then "a friend of mine" duct taped a single black cat into the middle and used the extra fuses from the ones he took apart to make a long time-delayed fuse. In the backyard, "the friend of mine", liked to see how high he could get a trashcan to fly into the air.

This was in the 90's in howard county...in the same backyard he routinely shot his older brother's pellet rifle, his dad's pellet pistol, his bow(handed down from older brother), throwing knives/axes into the woodpile, and sling shotted cans under mild supervision(since safety was ingrained into him since before he could remember and was/is second nature).

If they were devloping and testing remote detonating devices with the intent to harm...thennnnn....yeah...good work and appropriate charges. If it was just people dicking around for fun and general redneckery, whew...i wouldn't make it growing up in these times.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I know not of this Brad you speak of..., although I hear he can build some fun stuff also, 'hypothetically' of course. :innocent0

Smokey - another fun one is pulling apart airbags for the explosive pellets and launching 55 gal. drums, of course, I've just heard of these things being done, not that I'd know how... :evilgrin3

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    I know not of this Brad you speak of..., although I hear he can build some fun stuff also, 'hypothetically' of course. :innocent0

Smokey - another fun one is pulling apart airbags for the explosive pellets and launching 55 gal. drums, of course, I've just heard of these things being done, not that I'd know how... :evilgrin3

just don't sit on them. This is clandestine's uncle testing a new design for the male sybian.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    That's a classic video there, saw that year's ago, so Chad's Uncle must be healed up from that by now, I'd hope... :lol2:

They also cheated, using the whole air bag module..., it's more fun to gut a few and send a drum into near orbit. From what I hear of course. :D

molonlabe

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2005
    Mountaineer Country, WV
    Based upon what I read I have more problems with a 19 year old building these with an 11 year olds. When I was 19 I was hanging out with people my same age. When I was 12 I was given a Gilbert chemistry set that was labeled safe. I went to the hobby shop and bought out all their Sulfur and went to the local drug store and they thought nothing about selling me cans of saltpeter. I made black power cake and surprisingly didn't blow myself up mixing it. The research I did told me I needed to confine it and I used an iron pipe. We used fuses from ash cans that us kids could get back then. We detonated it under a viaduct and it made a hell of a noise setting off sirens in two cities. We ran all the way home about 6 blocks scared sh*tless. Scared the crap out of us. I guess today we could go to Gitmo for this. I remember telling my dad this over beers after I came back from the service.

Last edited:

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Priceless!! I got started early, just a tip to service member's/father's - never leave a 13 y.o. boy with a squad of EOD Techs, god do they know how to have fun. I learned more in an afternoon than I probably ever should've as a civvy.

An anonymous person I know had an experience like that with a pentel R.S.V.P pen and copious amounts of gunpowder and class 3 fireworks with some safety fuse from a mortar. Worked VERY well and quite nearly scared the sh*t out of himself.

Mar 31, 2011
    Frederick, MD
    You used to be able to get away with this stuff because you were never hurting anyone. Now kids are making these "bombs", testing them, and then making more to do damage to someone's property with. Kids these days are getting out of control, have no respect for adults, and their parents are to blame. Tons of "adults" have kids because of careless sex then don't care that they have these kids, and don't take care of them or raise them properly and teach them morals. So while it is messed up that these kids are in the kind of trouble they are in, but society is to blame, we are too over sensitive and not doing anything about teaching ethics to our younger generations.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Back when I was a kid, there was a kid I knew whose father managed a local hardware store. This kid knew that I had access to firecrackers so he went to the store and got some copper pieces and made an small copper container. I supplied him with firecrackers, which he broke down and loaded the powder into copper container. Yep, now he had a small, maybe 1.5" long by 1/2" diameter pipe bomb. When he lit it, the powder wasn't packed tight enough and he ended up with a rocket. Everyone was lucky he didn't get hurt.

Hell, one of my uncles got busted in NYS for possession of illegal fireworks. A sparkler is illegal in NY. He never did time and whatever they slapped him with did not make him a prohibited person. He continued to have his NY pistol permit and when he moved to TX, he was still able to buy Class III toys. That was 25-30 years ago. Today, he would have been sent to Attica.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    Crap I ordered the Improvised Munitions Handbook from the back of G&A when I was 13 in the 70s when everything I needed was available from the hardware store,the hobby shop and Peoples drug store. I remember the bazooka I built would really rock the trashed cars abandoned in the gravel pits.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    A classmate gave me a copy of the "Anarchists Cookbook" when I was in the 7th grade.
    I must've been 13 or 14.
    Who knew model rocket engines could be so useful?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jlng1984

Latest threads

Top Bottom