• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    I love my 6 Creed.......nope, i had thought about the 6.5 early on in my decision making, but I wanted something a little different...if I ever decide to do a 6.5 it will be a 6.5x47

I saw a guy shooting 6cm at AGC and it peaked my interest but I don’t know much about them or how they perform differently from 6.5. It’s not that I can afford another gun and glass now anyway, but we can dream.

Here is my Savage Stealth 6.5 from a load testing session a few weeks ago.

4c59b695c575e1fb633ba908792c4ef2.jpg

So far I really happy with what I have considering this is my first “precision” rifle. Last week I got a chance to try out some of my hand loads at 600yds and the results were good for my equipment and novice skill level.

76081c27e574495c3a159244a60630fe.jpg

That large group on the upper right is 5 shots measured 1.5” (.25moa ) The flier on the left was a called 6-7 mph guest from my spotter. The lower shot was another hand load using a different projectile with a higher BC for reference. I wanted to see how the Nosler RDF’s compared with the Custom Competitions using the same load parameters.

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    I saw a guy shooting 6cm at AGC and it peaked my interest but I don’t know much about them or how they perform differently from 6.5. It’s not that I can afford another gun and glass now anyway, but we can dream.

Flatter and faster, less recoil. I own a 6.5mm, I wouldn't switch to a 6mm to chase the new shiny.

Though...you're just a barrel swap away from 6mm. Barrel nut setups are convenient like that.

tundramuscle03

Beer Jockey
    Mar 19, 2007
    Dundalk Noob

Here is my Savage Stealth 6.5 from a load testing session a few weeks ago.

4c59b695c575e1fb633ba908792c4ef2.jpg

So far I really happy with what I have considering this is my first “precision” rifle. Last week I got a chance to try out some of my hand loads at 600yds and the results were good for my equipment and novice skill level.

76081c27e574495c3a159244a60630fe.jpg

That large group on the upper right is 5 shots measured 1.5” (.25moa ) The flier on the left was a called 6-7 mph guest from my spotter. The lower shot was another hand load using a different projectile with a higher BC for reference. I wanted to see how the Nosler RDF’s compared with the Custom Competitions using the same load parameters.

Nothing wrong with either of them, mostly just a matter of preference...you're setup looks good to go.....the 6 Creed is a bit faster, but...with faster also comes the likelihood of barrel replacement sooner than later...

How did you like the RDF's, I've got some for mine, just need the time to get around with experimenting with them...

sleev-les

Gata Needs His Gat
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    I had another thread on this rifle, but figured it's a good add to this one too :D

Remington 700P chambered in 338 Lapua
    Timney CE Trigger
    APA Fat Bastard brake
    XLR Chassis
    Nightforce 5.5 to 22
    Nightforce Rings
    Vortex Scope Bubble (not pictured)
    Atlas Bipod
    Leopold 20MOA scope base

Attachments

• IMG_0240.JPG
      IMG_0240.JPG
      57.4 KB · Views: 641

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country

I can appreciate that you couldn’t wait to post your new toy. I hope you intend a followup pic in the proper “centerfold” stance with bipod and scope attached.

Doesn’t hurt to have the sling precariously draped over top, just revealing a little bit of the action.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    HS, MPA, NF

Just put a new chassis (Masterpiece Arms) on my HS Precision HTR in 6.5Creed. Didn't care for the "stock" HS stock, was too bulky. the HS has Rem700 spacing but the bolt catch is different so i had to do a little grinding on my brand new chassis! apologies for the missing foot...

Attachments

• hs,mpa,nf.jpg
      hs,mpa,nf.jpg
      69.7 KB · Views: 516

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Just put a new chassis (Masterpiece Arms) on my HS Precision HTR in 6.5Creed. Didn't care for the "stock" HS stock, was too bulky. the HS has Rem700 spacing but the bolt catch is different so i had to do a little grinding on my brand new chassis! apologies for the missing foot...

Interesting grip. Is that the new Magpul Super Chode I saw in Recoil Magazine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

boothdoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 23, 2008
    Frederick county

Better watch the pink attack octopus. It is eyeing your rifle.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Better picture.

22713352_10214668522536133_2832630668395423852_o.jpg

Magpul's AICS mags are definitely easier on the pocket - but they do require a slight modification to fit in a Savage action, less than 20 seconds to achieve the clearance needed.

Last edited:

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    What mod are you referencing? I use magpul mags and havent had an issue.

For my Savage short-action, I had to trim just a small relief into the mag so it'd fully seat. One of the less obvious differences between the Savage action and the Remington 700.

22770778_10214668527936268_5494452431890351796_o.jpg

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    And I'm already debating on selling off the chassis. It's great, but I prefer the ergonomics of my B&C A5 - it just needs bottom-metal, and then it'd be perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom