• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MikeofMD

May 14, 2016
    MoCO
    This may be a topic that's been covered here. Let me know the link. I just want to know the hassle of selling a gun to someone in Delaware (from Montgomery County, MD).

Should the Delaware person come here and I can do this from a FFL here (or State Police barrack) or should I bring it to Delaware to have them do the paperwork there? Not really liking the idea of bringing it to DE. I never go out of state with a gun. As we all know, bring it directly to the range or dealer, non-stop are our laws.

Thanks again. This forum is very helpful.

Cruacious

C&R Farmer
    Apr 29, 2015
    Elkton
    I think, in order to receive the best answer, you should tell us what the actual firearm in question is as there are different standards depending on what classification the firearm falls under.

MikeofMD

May 14, 2016
    MoCO
    Thanks. Yes, just your run of the mill 9mm handgun, not sure which model I will let go. Nothing modified other than I do have mags with more than 10 capacity (except for the H&K).
    H&K or XDM will be the choices. Hate to get rid of any, but I want them to have a nice gun for defense that will meet their price. Its for a family member.

Thanks again.

MikeofMD

May 14, 2016
    MoCO
    And also, not trying to sell anything here. Not enough posts and I'm only looking to get rid of one to a family member. I don't need to get rid of anything. Love my guns!

kalister1

R.I.P.
    May 16, 2008
    Pasadena Maryland
    Handgun must go through an FFL in the State of residence of the Buyer. Federal law allows you to hand deliver the handgun to the FFL of choice of the buyer, The FFL MIGHT allow it, or that FFL MIGHT demand you have a MD FFL ship it to him? When the buyer decides where the transfer will take place, ask.

MikeofMD

May 14, 2016
    MoCO
    OK, thanks. Nothing that needs to be done today. He will see if his local FFL will accommodate or if I need to do it here and ship. Thanks,

Jerry M

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2007
    Glen Burnie MD
    Call a Delaware FFL convenient to both parties. Make an appointment. Drive to Delaware and personally deliver FA to the FFL, have your Drivers license for FFL to record that information. Buyer then completes the transfer through the DE FFL. You decide between you and the FA buyer who pays the FFL's fees.

Good luck

Jerry

F-Stop

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Cecil County
    Just transferred a pistol last week to a friend in DE. Walked into x-ring, told them our plan walked out and retrieved firearm, showed ID, my part was done, walked out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom