• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    That wonderful man in brown just dropped off my DSA scope mount receiver cover for the STG58. :party29:

I also got the brass catcher so i don't distract anyone next to me (not a word from you JeepDriver ;):D)

Now off to look at some optics.....I think I'm feeling like an ACOG for this puppy.

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    Big Brown visited me today and left a BladeTech holster for my M&P45 that I ordered 3 months ago. After waiting that long, and ripping it out of the package in excited anticipation, I have to say that it looks...gay. Like an idiot, I ordered carbon fiber, and it looks straight-up stupid. It would be very popular with the Dupont Circle shooters. *Sigh* :sad20:

coinboy

Yeah, Sweet Lemonade.
    Oct 22, 2007
    Howard County
    I am big brown and I visit people everyday!! :lol2:

And yes I too enjoy seeing the UPS guy bringing me another gun. Sadly it's been awile. :sad20:

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    Big Brown visited me today and left a BladeTech holster for my M&P45 that I ordered 3 months ago. After waiting that long, and ripping it out of the package in excited anticipation, I have to say that it looks...gay. Like an idiot, I ordered carbon fiber, and it looks straight-up stupid. It would be very popular with the Dupont Circle shooters. *Sigh* :sad20:

---I think the Dupont Circle Jer...uh, I mean shooters, would appreciate your fashion sense.:)

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    That wonderful man in brown just dropped off my DSA scope mount receiver cover for the STG58. :party29:

I also got the brass catcher so i don't distract anyone next to me (not a word from you JeepDriver ;):D)

Now off to look at some optics.....I think I'm feeling like an ACOG for this puppy.

Norton- I've got an IOR Valdada 2.5-10 x 42 Tactical Illuminated scope waiting on my new DSA SA58 (week 19 of a "14 week" wait). It's had some great reviews. Price is on par with an ACOG.

-Mil-Surp-Phreak-

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2007
    Gaithersburg
    Wow, Big Brown left me my new replacement set of Burris Tactical 1" Picitanny rings for my 700. My dog was going nuts and I couldnt figure out why until I went downstairs and looked outside and saw the blur of a UPS truck flying around the corner and out of my court. Bastard didnt even knock which would really have set my dog off. Well, time to mount them up. My first set was loose as hell and I had to peen the claw to get it to stay on my base. It held up ok, but I called Burris and they sent me a new set on them and I'll install the new one tomorrow. The old set I'll still use on my 700 in .223, I asked if they wanted it back, they said it was their mistake in sending it out like that so I got to keep it.

navycrna

Smell My Face
    Feb 28, 2007
    howard county
    That wonderful man in brown just dropped off my DSA scope mount receiver cover for the STG58.

Be careful mounting the cover that was the issue I was having with my SA58 at our shoot this summer. all of the nuts need to be adjusted very carefully. I was having problems with the magazine feed and the bolt closing comepletly. Once I got it home and took it all apart and remounted it the problems were gone.

That scope mount is one beefy chunk of metal though

Good luck

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Be careful mounting the cover that was the issue I was having with my SA58 at our shoot this summer. all of the nuts need to be adjusted very carefully. I was having problems with the magazine feed and the bolt closing comepletly. Once I got it home and took it all apart and remounted it the problems were gone.

That scope mount is one beefy chunk of metal though

Good luck

Thanks for the tip. If I get it fouled up, I now know who to ask for help!

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County

The top one is the model I have (mine has the illuminated reticle). I like the MP8 better than the MP9 reticle because the bottom part of the crosshairs are thin allowing you to still see target with holdover.
    Check out the reviews on IOR-they are up and coming. The only downside is the customer service is still in Romania. A new CS is being set up in the US very soon though.

The bottom scope is cool:thumbsup:

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    How about a Leupold Mark 4? I've been considering one, but there are so many models that I don't know which one to get.

I was going to get one of those, but they differ from the ACOG/Aimpoint style scopes in that the dot isn't always on the target.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    big brown just dropped off 50 cigars to fill the humidor (not to mention celebrating final exams) and a holster my buddy made for me to house my Steyr M40A1. i'm happy. a new holster for my 1911 will be on the way shortly, too, that one will be kydex, not leather like the steyr holster, though.

gosh darn i love seeing UPS stop by!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom