• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • coinboy

Yeah, Sweet Lemonade.
    Oct 22, 2007
    Howard County
    Do you have a Yugo SKS with the standard Nato grenade launcer, an Ar-15 with the Nato launcher (Most AR's will qualify), or any other rifle with a standard Nato launcher? If you do and want to shooting an inert grenade off of it look below. I personally have fired one of these off of my Eagle Arms (Armalite) Ar-15. Flew about 50 yards. The whole range at Delamarva Sporting Clays was impressed. When I shot it I put a tennis ball in the holder. Make sure you remove the sping and bushing or you will loose them. I did this the first time and had to buy another adapter.

How do you shoot the adapter?
    First remove the grenade from the adapter and attached a tennis ball. Next slide the adapter over the barrel of your rifle. Make sure it fits loose. It must come off. Then load a BLANK round into your rifle. Rack the round. Point the gun about 45 degrees in the area you plan to shoot and watch the grenade fly after you pull the trigger. I thought it was pretty damn cool to see the think flying.

I do not own or represent the site listed below. I have purchased 2 grenades and adapters from them. They were in very nice condition. The company is located in Waldorf but I think they only do internet sales.

http://www.keepshooting.com/militarysurplus/collectibles/riflegrenadecombo.htm
    wwiiriflegrenadebig.jpg

wwiiriflegrenade2big.jpg

coinboy

Yeah, Sweet Lemonade.
    Oct 22, 2007
    Howard County
    Nope. They are fo multiple launches. I launched mine and it's ready for another round. Just make sure you take the spring and latch off the adapter before firing it or you will lose them. After firing the first time, I saw the spring and latch launch about 20 feet in the air and I never found them. :sad20:That's why I had to buy another.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    I always wondered how hard it would be to make them from hardware store bought parts. I have one, but I am sure it is too short for the Yugo. I am sure the Yugo has a longer tube that reaches all the way down to the ring on the barrel right before the front sight and I think the ring holds it in place until ready to fire. I think this extra length would make them fly farther.
    I have one just like what they sell, but I never used it. I want to get real grenade launching blanks first and really let that sucker fly.
    I also would love to see what would happen if I filled a light bulb with flour or fine lime and stick it on the end. I wonder if it would make a visible puff when it hits.

coinboy

Yeah, Sweet Lemonade.
    Oct 22, 2007
    Howard County
    I always wondered how hard it would be to make them from hardware store bought parts. I have one, but I am sure it is too short for the Yugo. I am sure the Yugo has a longer tube that reaches all the way down to the ring on the barrel right before the front sight and I think the ring holds it in place until ready to fire. I think this extra length would make them fly farther.
    I have one just like what they sell, but I never used it. I want to get real grenade launching blanks first and really let that sucker fly.
    I also would love to see what would happen if I filled a light bulb with flour or fine lime and stick it on the end. I wonder if it would make a visible puff when it hits.

That's a great idea. I'm pretty sure it would. I think the launcher (even with regular blanks) launches them high enough to burst the bulb. It does come down pretty hard too. That's why if you use the tennis ball it will pad the adapter.

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    That's a great idea. I'm pretty sure it would. I think the launcher (even with regular blanks) launches them high enough to burst the bulb. It does come down pretty hard too. That's why if you use the tennis ball it will pad the adapter.

With the tennis ball (or anything lighter than a grenade), won't the unit come down adapter end first?

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    With the tennis ball (or anything lighter than a grenade), won't the unit come down adapter end first?
    Mine is pretty heavy towards the end even without a tennis ball in it. The "dish" and prongs to hold the grenade together weigh more than the tail with the fins.

I just experimented, without either the grenade or a tennis ball attached, when I balance it on my finger the dish end falls. I have to move my finger (fulcrum) to within an inch or so of the dish before it balances. With a tennis ball (which I do not have to experiment with) it would be even heavier.

coinboy

Yeah, Sweet Lemonade.
    Oct 22, 2007
    Howard County

That's what I thought it would do, but it doesn't. It actully has a nice flight pattern. The adapter flys kinda like a missle or a football. I think it has a lot to do with the round fin on the back. It has a slower twist than a football, but when it lands the tennis ball will hit first. The tennis ball will probabally bounce off the adapter. When I shot mine the tennis ball launched about 15 feet in the air and one of the adapter prongs was very slightly stuck in the ground. Pulled it out and no damage was done.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    check out here:

http://www.bloomautomatic.com/index_files/page0001.htm

With their adapter you can actually just drop golf balls in.

Anyone need a 400 yard driver? We could have a mdshooters tournament.....

We were talking about that at the MDShooters Delmarva shoot about a month ago and someone suggested trying one of those trick exploding golf balls to see if they make a puff of smoke when they hit.

coinboy

Yeah, Sweet Lemonade.
    Oct 22, 2007
    Howard County
    check out here:

http://www.bloomautomatic.com/index_files/page0001.htm

With their adapter you can actually just drop golf balls in.

Anyone need a 400 yard driver? We could have a mdshooters tournament.....

I thought about getting one of those too. They looked pretty cool. Only $45. The only thing I don't like about these adapters is the way they attach to the rifle/pistol. It attaches with locking screws kind of like the "post ban" stlye muzzle breaks. Probabally the real reason why I haven't bought one yet.

Below is a video of golf balls being shot off varoius rifles. Also in the video you will see the adapter from www.keepshooting.com being shot off an AR-15.
    http://www.bloomautomatic.com/launchers.wmv

In the below video you will see a .45 1911 shooting golf balls with the adapter.
    http://www.bloomautomatic.com/1911.wmv

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom