• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    My AK is chambered in 5.56/.223, and I'm going to be looking for mags this weekend in Chantilly. I have a few 20-round clear Bulgarian waffle-pattern mags that I got from K-VAR, but I'm looking for something different.

I have seen a few places selling Galil .223 mags, and I'm sure there will be some at the show. Do the Galil mags fit in the AK receivers? I know the Galil/AK rifles share a lot of similarities, and even a few parts IIRC.

Does anyone know if Galil mags will work in my AK? I'm considering bringing my rifle along with me to the show to try mags out and see if they'd fit.

According to AK-74.net, (http://www.ak-47.net/ak47/galil.html) Valmet 5.56 mags fit in the Galil...

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    Not sure about the mags- but I'm in the same boat you are. Just purchased a Yugo M-90 kit in .223. The big hurdle is getting a receiver to actually build it on....... Gotta have a goal - right?

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Yeah, apparently there are .223 mags at the Chantilly show. I hope to get some tomorrow. I hope they have ones other than the East German orange bakelite. I love the bakelite (If I could get some authentic AK-74 furniture it would be nice, damn that 922r), but my rifle is black, maybe there are some plum ones laying around.

Best case scenario, maybe there will be some black/smoke K-VAR ones. I just want larger mags. An AK isn't an AK unless you've got a 30-round mag hanging off the bottom :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom