• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    I haven't talked to any prosecutors and still came to the conclusion that one shouldn't carry illegally. But then again I'm a self proclaimed genius.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    I haven't talked to any prosecutors and still came to the conclusion that one shouldn't carry illegally. But then again I'm a self proclaimed genius.

I came to the conclusion that if you carry illegally, you should understand that you may face the legal consequences. From there, it's just a risk-assessment on if it's worth it or not. I've been in places where crimes happened pretty frequently, but it was rare to see police. It's even more rare for a LEO to talk to you and I've just about never had a LEO search my person for weapons while walking around. In this situation md forces you to make the choices...
    a) follow the law and potentially get robbed/ injured/ killed by a criminal since you don't have the best tool to defend yourself.
    b) carry anyway so you can defend yourself against the criminals you see frequently, but face potential legal consequences in the rare instance that a LEO stops and searches you.

MD laws force us to make this choice every day. In some places, option b makes sense from a risk-assessment standpoint and in others option a makes sense. At least with the legal consequences you have a potential for PBJ, nolle prosequi, or eventual expungment. You don't often get the opportunity to appeal your murder to another criminal.

Fishguy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2009
    Montgomery County
    I came to the conclusion that if you carry illegally, you should understand that you may face the legal consequences. From there, it's just a risk-assessment on if it's worth it or not. I've been in places where crimes happened pretty frequently, but it was rare to see police. It's even more rare for a LEO to talk to you and I've just about never had a LEO search my person for weapons while walking around. In this situation md forces you to make the choices...
    a) follow the law and potentially get robbed/ injured/ killed by a criminal since you don't have the best tool to defend yourself.
    b) carry anyway so you can defend yourself against the criminals you see frequently, but face potential legal consequences in the rare instance that a LEO stops and searches you.

MD laws force us to make this choice every day. In some places, option b makes sense from a risk-assessment standpoint and in others option a makes sense. At least with the legal consequences you have a potential for PBJ, nolle prosequi, or eventual expungment. You don't often get the opportunity to appeal your murder to another criminal.

Reminds of the G. Gordon Liddy show about a million years ago. His advice was if you find yourself somewhere that you need a gun, then have a gun. Don't worry about the damn process laws.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    LIVE NEWS FLASH

Prosecutor says dont break the law.

Film sex tape of politician at 11.

Attachments

• breaking-news carry.jpg
      breaking-news carry.jpg
      60.8 KB · Views: 376

johnnyu

Feb 21, 2013
    unless your a crook already

lets remember criminals dont care about the law. Are those being caught on a daily basis all going to jail for 2-10 years right now? I'm referring to Balto City.

rocket-75

Dec 30, 2014
    definitions of carrying

how do those commie = Nazis politicians and shysters define "carrying firearms', what lies do they use????

Seabee

Old Timer
    Oct 9, 2011
    Left marylandistan to NC
    Keep in mind also that there are no written, cut and dried self defense laws in this communist state. The state takes each case as it comes. I know a guy who defended himself from attempted murder from a guy trying to kill him with a crow bar. and did 9 years in jail. He also told me that the judge told him that there is no such thing as self defense in the state of murderland.

Mar 23, 2016
    Carroll County
    That pretty much sums it up for the common man and woman in MD that could obtain a permit to legally carry in what 42 states and even DC now, but can’t in remaining 8 states that include this dumpster fire of a state. Oh well, national reciprocity up for vote in House today. Hopefully that gets enacted into law and as soon as it does my first tweet to MSP is going to be what are you going to do with all that free time?

LRoberts

Retired Master General El
    Oct 22, 2017
    SM County
    I know everyone here is law abiding to a fault, but if you know of someone wanting to carry a gun without the permission of our "lawmakers" in the form of a PERMIT, please advise them not to do so. Illegal possession of a handgun is a class two misdemeanor, and could carry a sentence from two years to ten years in prison. As well, if the "charged" party does no time, but is found guilty of the charge as applied, they then become PROHIBITED PERSONS.

I had a four hour talk with a city prosecutor today, folks, buckle your seat belts.

There are too many snitches in the World already. I wouldn't be able to sleep if I talked a normally LAC into doing something that would get them killed. "If only" doesn't help. Maryland is as f**ked up as Kalifornicate and unless you've been beaten nearly to death or unless you are of the affluent type, you won't get a carry permit in Maryland, anyway. She will not do that task anymore.

My wife carried deposits to the bank after the store closed and they wouldn't give her one. It's been 8 months and she's STILL waiting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom