• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    well, they correctly interpreted the portion that allows carry in any other state on any permit. That's what I was getting at. Other articles made the same mistake I did assuming an out of state non resident permit wasn't sufficient. But I see what you're saying.

Clearly as written, they are.

ETA-hopefully the teeth in the legislation will keep jurisdictions like DC and NYC and states like NJ from arresting people, but I am sure they wll try until it starts costing them money, and even then they will try to prosecute legal carriers
    I wouldn't put it past DC to prosecute legal carriers with unregistered guns. Perhaps this portion will stop them but I doubt it.

Attachments

• dc.JPG
      dc.JPG
      56.9 KB · Views: 351

torched02

Rottie's Rule!
    May 6, 2013
    yep, there is a lot of butt hurt among those of us who are being deprived of a right, not a privilege.

And rightlfully so.

I wonder if you'd feel differently if you were one of us who are not deemed worthy by the Lords of Maryland

Congratulations on your permit.

Your right I probably would feel different if it was the other way around........hopefully though I would have a lot of fun hobbies to do that
    would keep me from sweating it every 5 minutes.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    well, they correctly interpreted the portion that allows carry in any other state on any permit. That's what I was getting at. Other articles made the same mistake I did assuming an out of state non resident permit wasn't sufficient. But I see what you're saying.

Clearly as written, they are.

ETA-hopefully the teeth in the legislation will keep jurisdictions like DC and NYC and states like NJ from arresting people, but I am sure they wll try until it starts costing them money, and even then they will try to prosecute legal carriers
    I wouldn't put it past DC to prosecute legal carriers with unregistered guns. Perhaps this portion will stop them but I doubt it.
    Might be worth an amendment so that anyone carrying under these provisions is exempt from registration requirements outside their home state.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    maybe the wording of possession, transportation or carrying would be enough to keep DC from trying to prosecute an otherwise legal carrier.

Attachments

• new.JPG
      new.JPG
      56.9 KB · Views: 314

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    Sorry, but only foolish people are concerned with the "precedent this sets." The fact remains, the left will do whatever they want with or without our assent or "precedent." This bill does not make it more likely that the feds proscribe other things later.

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    Won't be surprised if 20-30 in the House join in. Will need at least 8 in the Senate.

Didn't the DEMS invoke the nuclear option a few years back and only need 51 now?

Excuse my ignorance if I am wrong.

NOBODY

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    The nuclear option (51 vote simple majority) was invoked for approval of judges and cabinet appointments. You still need 60 votes 3/5 majority (cloture) for legislation.

They will find 8 dems in red states whose instinct for self preservation is stronger than party loyalty.

Senate has 52 R Senators.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Can't help but wonder what the final version this bill will look like.

I am by no means an expert, but I don't see much significant change. The states individual licensing schemes remain untouched for residents, so there is no Federal over reach (10A) involved. But you never know.

I'm sure the antis will make proposals to water it down. Here's hoping it doesn't change. It's the best we can hope for right now IMO.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    But But Harry Reid now says it's unconstitutional
    No he knows it's not. It's a Senate rule, not in the Constitution, but I bet he's having second thoughts about using it the first time. He really shot himself in the foot. He can limp back to Searchlight and lick his wounds as the Senate approves President Trump's cabinet picks and judges by a 51 vote majority instead of 60.

Thanks Harry.

Revenge is sweet.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I'm concerned about RINO's either playing nice, or playing up to hometown politics back home in heavily antigun states.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom