• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Panzer Radeo

National Wanderer
    Apr 21, 2014
    Any chance you guys will start carrying the cz scorpion evo 3 S1 30rd mags or 15rd HK VP9 mags? Always love doing business with you all! A man can dream.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    What part of MD law do you not understand.

There is no Maryland law that prevents him from buying these mags. The only part of the law that would pertain to him is that he cannot take possession of the mags within the borders of Maryland. He may drive to Kansas and buy them. He can have them shipped to a relative in another state and then pick them up the next time he visits that relative. He can rent a PO box in another state and have them delivered to the PO box.

So, unless you know something about this member, you need to be careful with what you might be accusing him of doing.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    That's why Joe Bob pays to have his name in the vendor section of the forum, so people can ask him questions. Sure, he could call him directly, but then if everyone did that, we wouldn't have an IP section on the forum.

The OP did nothing wrong by asking this question.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I suppose so, but with BGOS, anything that smells strange has to be highly suspicious.

How does that smell strange? We talk about mags that have more than the MD restrictive 10 round law all the time. There was nothing wrong for the OP to ask that question, particularly in Joe Bob's own IP section. We even talk about shipping mags to relatives out of state when we buy a firearm that comes with >10 round mags.

There was NOTHING illegal, or suspicious that the OP wrote in his request to Joe Bob about these mags. Stop trying to insinuate any wrong doings.

Panzer Radeo

National Wanderer
    Apr 21, 2014
    What part of MD law do you not understand.

Apparently, YOU don't understand the law. The law states you can not be given or sold a magazine in Maryland over 10 rounds. In Maryland, a parts kit is not a magazine by definition. If it were. You wouldnt be able to order new springs, followers, endplates, or bodies. Regardless, I didn't say where they'd be shipped to. I just like doing business with industry partners. Get off your high horse.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Can't offer for sale, either.

Is it a grey area if illegal mags are offered for sale on the site? Maybe, maybe not.

I do know the mods have repeatedly removed ads from the classifieds here that contained illegal mags for sale.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    No different than someone posting a message about a vendor having mags for sale. They are not being offered for sale in Maryland, so it's all legal.

Panzer Radeo

National Wanderer
    Apr 21, 2014
    Can't offer for sale, either.

Is it a grey area if illegal mags are offered for sale on the site? Maybe, maybe not.

I do know the mods have repeatedly removed ads from the classifieds here that contained illegal mags for sale.

There is nothing on this site that says you MUST live in Maryland to be a member. The law is SOLD or GIVEN. Unless the transaction takes place in Maryland and GIVEN/delivered while in Maryland, it's not illegal. You can discuss buying a product all you want as long as the law doesn't state it's illegal to possess because there's no way to prove you're completing the transaction within the state line.

threegun

Jan 26, 2013
    Westminster
    Along these lines, if I visit say Utah and buy some mags can I ship them to myself back in Maryland. I purchased and took possession in Utah.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Along these lines, if I visit say Utah and buy some mags can I ship them to myself back in Maryland. I purchased and took possession in Utah.
    I wouldn't.

Call it Battered Gun Owner Syndrome (BGOS) but you would be technically receiving it in Maryland.

For the same reason large retailers wont ship >10 round mags to PRoM, I wouldn't ship them to myself.

Of course no one would likely ever know if you did ship them to yourself. :innocent0

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007

I would say no. Even though you bought them in Utah, by shipping them to yourself inside the state of Maryland, you are receiving them within the state.

I'm sure others may chime in with a different opinion, I'm always of the opinion, it is better to be safe than sorry. It's not difficult to drive to PA or VA and pick up whatever you want. There are gun shows in both states that are worth visiting. Why not just go to one of these shows and buy what you want?

hi3cho

Ultimate Member
    Nov 16, 2012
    Edgemere

I realize we all suffer from BGOS and we like the air on the side of caution but I would say you would be okay here by the letter of the law. You are taking possession in Utah and there for just shipping something you already own. If you moved (even from a different state) and had a moving company deliver your already owned 30 round magazines, would it be illegal to receive them, I would say no.

To the OP's question, You can also send JoeBob an PM, He is always great to deal with and keeps up with the MD laws.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    The law states that you cannot receive a mag capable of holding more than 10 rounds. If you mail them to yourself, you are receiving them in the state of Maryland. That would be the same as if you paid for the mags in another state and had a family member bring them to you inside Maryland. You have received them in the state of Maryland.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom