• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigTinBoat

Jan 12, 2016
    Eastern Baltimore County
    The airbow or Air Venturi Air Bolt (which can be fired out of just about all 40-50 cal PCPs) If you get a 40-50 cal PCP you could hunt during both archery and firearms season with one gun...Air Bolt claims upwards of 500 FPS

Actually the way the law is written you can NOT hunt with either of these during the archery season. The Air Gun at 400fpe and the Air Bow over 300fps are both defined (for the purpose of Comar) as a "Firearm". So you could use either during the Firearm season ONLY.

C.Alls

Nov 9, 2013
    Chris,
    You do know that Md changed the reg's, right? They became effective this past November. Only need .40 cal and 400FPE at muzzle.

Under:
    .05 Devices for Hunting Deer and Black Bear.

C. Firearms.

(1) An individual may hunt deer and black bear only with the firearms in §C(2)—(6) of this regulation, subject to the restrictions provided in §§D and E of this regulation.

(2) A rifle or shotgun propelling one soft-nosed or expanding bullet or ball at a single discharge which generates at least 1,200 foot-pounds of muzzle energy is allowed.

(3) A handgun having a barrel length of 6 inches or longer and ammunition which produces a muzzle energy of 700 foot-pounds or more is allowed.

(4) A muzzle loading rifle or muzzle loading shotgun, not less than .40 caliber and using not less than the equivalent of 60 grains of black powder or a single shot muzzle loading handgun or muzzle loading revolver of not less than .40 caliber with a minimum barrel length of 6 inches and using not less than the equivalent of 40 grains of black powder propelling one soft-nosed or expanding bullet or ball at a single discharge, is allowed. Sabot loads are allowed.

(5) An air gun that:

(a) Propels one .40 caliber or greater bullet or ball at a single discharge which generates at least 400 foot-pounds of muzzle energy; or

(b) Propels an arrow at least 18” in length with a minimum speed of 300 feet per second at release, uses an arrow with a sharpened broadhead with metal points and a minimum width of 7/8 inch, and has a working safety if the device is fired by a trigger.

http://www.dsd.state.md.us/comar/comarhtml/08/08.03.04.05.htm

No sir! I was unaware of the regulations change for airguns. That's awesome to hear and I'm glad DNR listened. I know when I was going through the process of getting approval I talked to three different officials who owned PCP airguns and wanted to see the regulations changed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom