• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Lionel Hutz approves.

RIP

You are being way too optimistic. By and large majority of the public could care less about the dirty laundry a trial might expose.

+1

The case is not that remarkable other than what the demonstration was about. Cops trample on peoples rights all the time. Lots of civil suits for false arrest, and civil rights violations. If the protest had been for DACA kids or banning guns, then it would get the press to keep fomenting it. Focus on extracting as much as possible and let the noteriety not even be an issue. If it happens it happens, but don't let it distract from the focus of personal retribution. Courts suck enough, keep the eye on the prize.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Absolutely, it's what good attorneys "shoot" for imo.

Ever see what sits in the jury box? It's a crap shoot no matter how solid you believe your case is. Friend of mine was getting sued and offered the plaintiff around $1k to drop it.
    Went to hearing and she was awarded $1. We still laugh over that good fortune, and he was pro se at that!

Truer words were never spoken. I dealt with this personally last year...

fred2207

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 14, 2013
    PG
    This whole illegal action taken by the MCP inspires me to do more , i am not scared of being arrested maybe i am stupid or blind . I am not letting them take any further of my rights away , we all need to get involved and if it is with your wallets then so be it .

Many forms of support exist so we need all types , money , foot soldiers , legal eagles , sign makers , none of it is not possible without all of us in our various jobs being pissed off enough to pick a job to do . We need everybody and everybody is important to the cause .

This is exactly how I feel... :thumbsup:

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    It will also send a strong message to members of law enforcement that they should not go along with orders that violate the oath they swore to uphold the constitution. Just like many here are afraid of the repercussions an arrest may have on their employment LEO's are afraid of not carrying out orders even illegal ones. This will remind them that following illegal orders can have repercussions as bad or worse than refusing to do the wrong thing.

Gambler

¿Got Freedom?
    Oct 30, 2011
    Parkville
    Anyone know what's up with the MSI web-site this morning? Went to follow through on my donation pledge and got the following:

Error: Failed to start application: Could not connect to MySQL server.

I'll wait until 9 or 10 today and try it again... perhaps someone forgot to throw a shovel-full of coal on the ol' server overnight :-)

Sorry about that, I got it back up at 7am when I woke up...you have to keep pedalling ;)

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Gonna be interesting. You'll only hear it here.
    Pope got his orders : "Do Something"
    Media has their orders : "Don't do Anything!"

Attachments

• download.jpeg
      download.jpeg
      6.9 KB · Views: 426

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    As true as that may be, it's not something I want to imagine. We're good people, but probably not the best candidates for a naked parade, especially in colder weather, if you get my drift. :lol2:

It's cold, there was shrinkage! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    Is this eligible for out of court settlement? IANAL at all.

I would think that an in court judgement in favor of Jeff and Kevin would be a much better result than an out of court settlement. We need something that can be pointed to in future situations like this where the uneven and heavy hand of government has been slapped. An out of court settlement will not have the long term effect that is needed.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    Attorney Statement:

“When our government treads on the rights of one, it tramples the freedoms of all. Our Constitution is only as strong as our grip on freedom when the government attempts to wrest it away. The Hulberts had every right, as all of us do, to express their views without infringing on the rights of others. This suit seeks to secure and protect freedom of speech for all Marylanders.”

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    BRAVO Rack and DL! Stick it to them, light it, and watch it blow up in their faces!

Arrogance and ignorance by the state elite have shown their true colors. This is an opportunity for real change. It's up to US to keep this alive in the alternative media, because the MSM won't touch it.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Story Made Fox45 News

Brothers arrested for gun rights protest file lawsuit
    http://foxbaltimore.com/news/local/brothers-arrested-for-gun-rights-protest-file-lawsuit

90b0df24-f556-44ad-9395-38ff4422e35d-large16x9_3626467d00c444a5a42d9e70e48e4bf5gun_rights_protest_annapoliscrop_296.jpg

ANNAPOLIS, Md. (AP) -- Two brothers arrested during a Maryland gun ownership rights protest last week have filed a lawsuit against police.

The Baltimore Sun reports Jeff and Kevin Hulberts' lawsuit in the U.S. District Court in Baltimore accuses Capitol Police of filing charges in "retaliation" for speaking to journalists. The Hulberts were arrested on Feb. 5 after police asked them to leave a public sidewalk.

The lawsuit says Chief Michael Wilson filed additional charges Feb. 6 after reading negative news coverage. It also says Kevin Hulbert was wrongfully arrested for filming Jeff Hulbert's arrest...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom