• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    There's something the anti's ought to consider ... disbanding the HPRB could cause Hogan to find a MSP Secretary that has a definition of G&S that differs from the status quo.
    I Approve this message.

Sent from the 3rd Rock

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    There's something the anti's ought to consider ... disbanding the HPRB could cause Hogan to find a MSP Secretary that has a definition of G&S that differs from the status quo.

If he has national aspirations as a Republican, it's a no brainer move. Not much political capital for a Republican that doesn't proactively back 2A . The Dems getting rid of HPRB is a very short sighted move. I guess they'll vote to bring it back if they get the Governor seat.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Madaleno came in late with a Bill last session to move hearings to Administrative Judges. I was at Potomac Days and it was littered with MoCo politicos and some state. Trone campaign manager walked up and gave me twizzler, I just mentioned I could never vote for him. He actually stuck around for a good 2-3 minutes trying to convince me Trone was pro 2A .. "He owns five shotguns". Guess that will be his 2A message.

The Dems want to dispense with the HPRB really signals they don't have much hope at defeating Hogan. If they thought they were going to win, what would be better than the new Democrat Governor appoint MDPGV crew on that board, the new MSP rubber stamp. Hogan better fix this if reelected, then no review necessary. Hogan is directing Frosh to fight the ruling removing Peace Cross, and we know the Dems are not for that. Makes me wonder where was Hogan's direction with Kolbe case and all the suing Trump nonsense.

If they pass the bill and if they do it at the end of the session, then Hogan could veto it without any chance of the legislature over riding his veto in the next legislative session.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    If he has national aspirations as a Republican, it's a no brainer move. Not much political capital for a Republican that doesn't proactively back 2A . The Dems getting rid of HPRB is a very short sighted move. I guess they'll vote to bring it back if they get the Governor seat.

Agreed. If Hogan wants to be POTUS then he is going to need some 2A bona fides. The rest of the country is lurching hard right on this issue and simply stacking the HPRB ain't gonna cut it.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Not a chance, Hogan is not pro 2A, plain and simple. He is at best indifferent.

CharlieFoxtrot

Industry Partner
    Sep 30, 2007
    Foothills of Appalachia
    Not a chance, Hogan is not pro 2A, plain and simple. He is at best indifferent.

I think very few politicians are truly pro or even anti- 2A for that matter. They just take whatever stance they think will help them with their constituency or future aspirations. Hogan was friends with Christie and has to know what Christie's wishy-washiness on the 2A did to his further ambitions.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I think very few politicians are truly pro or even anti- 2A for that matter. They just take whatever stance they think will help them with their constituency or future aspirations. Hogan was friends with Christie and has to know what Christie's wishy-washiness on the 2A did to his further ambitions.

Yep, politicians care only about votes.

2A is bubbling up in the stew of the 2018 elections, which is why Schumer is not interested in pushing any anti-2A legislation. Keep his party off the record on a topic that resonates more and more with the mainstream.

Dems had forgotten, or ignored, the fallout from the Clinton-era assault weapon ban. Existing as the do in an inclusive circle-jerk, they began to believe that their policies were representative of the mainstream.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Anyone know the date the current seated panel is replaced? If any are eligible to serve again? I did hear Wilson say he was gone at the end of his current term.

2A Maryland

Dec 7, 2016
    Towson, MD
    HANDGUN PERMIT REVIEW BOARD
    Staff: Russell A. Neverdon, Sr. (410) 339-5051; 1-877-379-8636 (toll free); e-mail: russell.neverdon@maryland.gov
    web: http://dpscs.maryland.gov/agencies/hprb.shtml

Appointed by Governor with Senate advice & consent to 3-year terms:
    Robert D. H. Wilson, Chair (elected by Board), 2018
    Jacques R. Cowan, 2019;
    Charles D. Hollman, Esq., 2020;
    Shari Lynn Judah, 2020;
    Patricia S. West, 2020

Yes, members can be reappointed. In the early days (1970s) Some served over 20 years.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Staff: Russell A. Neverdon, Sr. (410) 339-5051; 1-877-379-8636 (toll free); e-mail: russell.neverdon@maryland.gov

Jacques R. Cowan, 2019;
    Shari Lynn Judah, 2020;
    Patricia S. West, 2020

Yes, members can be reappointed. In the early days (1970s) Some served over 20 years.

Is that from the DPSC website? Three members were never confirmed by the Senate and their temporary terms will also expire next March.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    But i though if it was on the website it was law?:lol2:

I think it's comical that people who have never darkened the door of 100 Community Place or the 4th floor of the Mike Miller (peace be upon him) Senate Office Building during a Senate Executive Nominations Committee meeting post up DPSCS drivel like it's Moses coming down from the mountain.

This is the same DPSCS who gives the members of the HPRB almost zero support, loses decision letters and appeals hearing requests and whose voice mail goes straight to Neverdon's cell phone.

Okay, that last one I can't prove, but it does seem odd that a state agency has the exact same voice mail message that was the default on my cell phone instead of the standard VM used by other agencies.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    who?

Attachments

• walrus.jpg
      walrus.jpg
      7.5 KB · Views: 320

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Originally Posted by 2A Maryland View Post

Jacques R. Cowan, 2019;
    Shari Lynn Judah, 2020;
    Patricia S. West, 2020

Is that from the DPSC website? Three members were never confirmed by the Senate and their temporary terms will also expire next March.

2A Maryland

Attachments

• pinnochios.jpg
      pinnochios.jpg
      11 KB · Views: 318
    • pinnochios-1.jpg
      pinnochios-1.jpg
      11 KB · Views: 352

2A Maryland

Dec 7, 2016
    Towson, MD
    View attachment Pages from 2017RS-senate-executive-nominations-final-summary_r.pdf

Question to Senator Klausmeier @ 11:46 AM:

What happens to the folks when no action is taken?

Per Evan at Senator Klasmeier's office @ 2:23 PM:

"Sorry for the delay. I had to call over and clarify.

It looks like they would be able to continue to serve in an interim capacity. They wouldn’t be able to take the official position. If they are not confirmed by whatever deadline is listed, the Governor always has the option to reappoint them."

Green Bag Appointments: Hollman, Judah, West
    Term of three years from March 27, 2017.
    2017+3=2020 just as posted previously.

owns24

Jan 25, 2015
    California, MD
    Yesterday I received via email the official letter from the board stating the reversal of the MSP's decision. So I attended the board on Sept 19th and finally received my decision letter on January 26th. So now I wait for the MSP to actually issue my permit

A little longer than the 30-60 days that I was told at the hearing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom