• danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Get out and vote!

https://www.monmouth.edu/polling-institute/reports/MonmouthPoll_VA_101717/

Northam on gun control:

https://ralphnortham.com/issue/gun-violence-prevention/

Ralph cast a tie-breaking vote as lieutenant governor to block legislation that would’ve allowed Virginians to carry concealed weapons without permits.

He proudly voted to close the Gun Show Loophole and to keep the One-Handgun-A-Month limit. Ralph will continue fighting to close the Gun Show Loophole and has promised to reinstate the commonwealth’s successful One-Handgun-A-Month policy if elected governor, limiting the number of handguns an individual can purchase.

We have to act now with universal background checks, an assault weapons ban and smaller clips.

ban clips! and so glad we stopped unlicensed CCW in Va, when open carry is unlicensed. lol.

Northam has an F rating from NRA, Gillespie an A rating.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...0e2e1d41e38_story.html?utm_term=.b0d66e553525

Gillespie does not have anything on his site about guns. Just crime reduction. https://edforvirginia.com/issues/

I hear Northam is soft on crime and big on the social justice thing, i.e. catch and release. If you want to see how well that works, look at MAryland.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Don't worry, conservative voters in VA will find a way to F*@# it up by voting for Cliff Hyra. They did it last election, and we ended up with Clinton Jr. :mad54:

Baccusboy

Teecha, teecha
    Oct 10, 2010
    Seoul
    Don't know a thing about the race, given that I am not from around you... find it funny, though, that a few liberal rags were bragging about how 65% of Virginians felt the state was going in the right direction, yet polls show a Republican may take their governorship away?

Like how everyone loved the job Obama did, but Democrats couldn't win because so much of the country felt like things had degraded?

Baccusboy

Teecha, teecha
    Oct 10, 2010
    Seoul
    A Gillespie win in VA will cause sheer panic in the Dem ranks.

What I'm reading seems to indicate it will be a massive blow to Trump if the Democrats win.

Even though the Democrat is, apparently, favored?

This all so that they can claim Trump is losing luster....

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    How does VA elect liberal governors?

Do people in NOVA, Richmond and Norfolk outnumber the rest of the rural counties?

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    How does VA elect liberal governors?

Do people in NOVA, Richmond and Norfolk outnumber the rest of the rural counties?

Yes, and Roanoke.

Unlike MD, VA has much more rural areas balancing out the blue, urban areas. That allows the House to stay in solid GOP control and balances it out in general much better than in MD.

At least you can carry

Yeah, the few times I've open carried at Whole Foods or Wegmans has not been a problem. Of course, wearing a suit also helps.

Defense Rifle

Jul 1, 2016
    NC
    Gillespie is election tested. In the Senate race against "popular" Mark Warner he got 1,055,940 votes, he lost by 16,000 votes. The polls at the time had Warner up by 7-12 points, he came extremely close to winning without much GOP support. Now compare that to McAullife (raised more money than any VA gubernatorial candidate in history) in the 2013 governor race who won with 1,069,789. The third party guy Cliff Hyra won't do as well as Sarvis did in 2013 because unlike Cuccinelli, Gillespie is not as polarizing--him winning Loudoun county is evidence of that.

Gillespie has a very real shot at winning the election. It is an off-year election which will help Gillespie. My inclination is Gillespie wins the election by 2 pts+

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom