• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gizzard

Oct 30, 2012
    hagerstown
    front sight was loose, when tightened is canted to the right. can the barrel be twisted to bring front sight up, or do i have to send it back? not worried about rear sight, planto install tech sights but don't want them to be canted either.
    any feed back is appreciated.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    front sight was loose, when tightened is canted to the right. can the barrel be twisted to bring front sight up, or do i have to send it back? not worried about rear sight, planto install tech sights but don't want them to be canted either.
    any feed back is appreciated.

Both my Marlin 795 and my XT had slightly canted sights on them. Both, I was able to bump the rear dovetail sights to get it sighted in and were then shooting stright. I had taken the XT back to Dicks and when they removed the front sight, we noticed what looked like an adhesive that was bumping the front sight over. I was offered to have the rifle sent back to Marlin and declined. I just took it home, cleaned it up, then I shimmed the front sight to get it as straight as I could. The same deal with the 795 but the 795 was straighter. I put tech sights on the 795 for about 2 weeks. When I put it on, I did put a small shim on the right side of the front sight. I did not want to shim it too much to affect the way the screw is mounted.

The rear sight had to still be adjusted a little to the right. Then it shot straight at 25 and 50 yds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom