• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigCity

retired undertaker
    Oct 24, 2007
    Carroll County
    I got an email from Del. Impallaria today. This was his beginning statement:

Dear John,
    This year continues to be like no other in my time in the General Assembly. The ability to have true open debate and public input has been reduced to just emailing, while the liberal special interest groups seem to have access to the back room discussions from which conservatives are excluded.

This just pisses me off to no end...

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    The concept of true open debate and public input toward the making of the legislative sausage has been a fantasy for a while now; certainly this session will have demonstrated that the mob has been well-indoctrinated and will rule the way it was trained to do.

Maryland is lost until the courts can restore the operating system of the Republic. So, probably forever, as the current SCOTUS seems to lack the necessary grit, and the indoctrination of the younger generations is proceeding apace. Those of us old enough to remember what the country was are turning into dust, and the rest are either waiting for their government check or staring at the shiny objects in their cell phones.

It has been said that Rome fell because the lead pipes supplying their water caused increasing stupidity in the populace. That's far from the complete picture, but induced stupidity is certainly playing its part today.

In the good news, at least America is playing the part of the Horrible Example to the rest of the world; France is concerning itself with banning mail-in ballots and computer voting.
    https://www.politico.eu/article/france-is-split-over-american-mail-in-ballots-2021-regional-election/

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    I am sure they are going to drag this sh!t out as long as possible too. I could see next year being more of the same. Faucci is saying that maybe we will see some normalcy by 2022. Meanwhile the talk of covid "variants" are being thrown around. That will be the next excuse to drag this out even further. "People are not sage because of variants, lock your doors and windows". I had a few beers tonight. That is why my past 5 or so posts have been cynical. I feel like cutting through the BS tonight.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I am sure they are going to drag this sh!t out as long as possible too. I could see next year being more of the same. Faucci is saying that maybe we will see some normalcy by 2022. Meanwhile the talk of covid "variants" are being thrown around. That will be the next excuse to drag this out even further. "People are not sage because of variants, lock your doors and windows". I had a few beers tonight. That is why my past 5 or so posts have been cynical. I feel like cutting through the BS tonight.

I'm afraid when the COVID numbers become consistently low, they will combine the COVID and flu numbers to be some kind of "contageous disease index" to keep the sheep in line.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I'm afraid when the COVID numbers become consistently low, they will combine the COVID and flu numbers to be some kind of "contageous disease index" to keep the sheep in line.

I'm sure they'll try something.....

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    True open public debate and public input is and has been an illusion in this state for far too long! The decisions have been made regardless of what the citizens have to say. One party rule is nothing more than dictatorship, they just have not informed the people about it yet.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    True open public debate and public input is and has been an illusion in this state for far too long! The decisions have been made regardless of what the citizens have to say. One party rule is nothing more than dictatorship, they just have not informed the people about it yet.

****Perhaps not officially, but pretty sure many people have figured this out. The decisions are made mostly behind closed doors and public input is just mostly for show so people feel they have a say.

There are definitely influencers, but they are seemingly mostly political action groups that are either well funded, or have some kind of connection with the individuals making the decisions.

One party rule is essentially a dictatorship, especially if it is grossly one party with virtually no chance of anyone else being able to take the lead to change things up.

That being said, change can happen at the very local level but it requires a lot of work, and the dedication of time to get on school boards, run for office, etc... Most people don't want to get involved in that capacity.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    ****Perhaps not officially, but pretty sure many people have figured this out. The decisions are made mostly behind closed doors and public input is just mostly for show so people feel they have a say.

There are definitely influencers, but they are seemingly mostly political action groups that are either well funded, or have some kind of connection with the individuals making the decisions.

One party rule is essentially a dictatorship, especially if it is grossly one party with virtually no chance of anyone else being able to take the lead to change things up.

That being said, change can happen at the very local level but it requires a lot of work, and the dedication of time to get on school boards, run for office, etc... Most people don't want to get involved in that capacity.

Look into how much effort, paperwork and all the other crap it takes just to run. Even this is rigged in their favor!

MG-70

Jul 8, 2007
    MoCo
    The concept of true open debate and public input toward the making of the legislative sausage has been a fantasy for a while now; certainly this session will have demonstrated that the mob has been well-indoctrinated and will rule the way it was trained to do.

Maryland is lost until the courts can restore the operating system of the Republic. So, probably forever, as the current SCOTUS seems to lack the necessary grit, and the indoctrination of the younger generations is proceeding apace. Those of us old enough to remember what the country was are turning into dust, and the rest are either waiting for their government check or staring at the shiny objects in their cell phones.

It has been said that Rome fell because the lead pipes supplying their water caused increasing stupidity in the populace. That's far from the complete picture, but induced stupidity is certainly playing its part today.

In the good news, at least America is playing the part of the Horrible Example to the rest of the world; France is concerning itself with banning mail-in ballots and computer voting.
    https://www.politico.eu/article/france-is-split-over-american-mail-in-ballots-2021-regional-election/

Very well written, and I'd say spot on, unfortunately. All that's missing for complete Leftist control is the defunding of the police and free marijuana included with the rest of the subsidies for those who are afraid of work.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

"They" are already starting to say this will become endemic, and it will become a part of our daily lives, but to what extent "they" are unsure.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County

My understanding is that they've BEEN doing that for a long time. So-called "covid" deaths are actually Pneumonia/Flu/Covid combined.

"They" are already starting to say this will become endemic, and it will become a part of our daily lives, but to what extent "they" are unsure.

Again, my limited and imperfect understanding is that at least 40 covid variants are already endemic, and have been for ages. They are collectively known as "the common cold."

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    My understanding is that they've BEEN doing that for a long time. So-called "covid" deaths are actually Pneumonia/Flu/Covid combined.

Again, my limited and imperfect understanding is that at least 40 covid variants are already endemic, and have been for ages. They are collectively known as "the common cold."

Not the common cold so much but there are a number Corona Viruses, yes. COVID-19 is but one, MERS and SARS are others that are human related, then there are the numerous animal related variants.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom