• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Collector98

Jan 18, 2015
    Hey everyone, I'm looking for CCW recommendations under $300 in 9mm. I have a cz82 I was planning on carrying, but just wearing around the house for the past few weeks to see how I like it, it just seems rather bulky and prints quite a bit with my relatively small build. I've been looking at the sccy cpx-2 and ruger lc9, but I'd love to hear the recommendations of all the more experienced. Thank you!

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    I would pick an LC9 over an SCCY. Many other options though out there. Suggest shooting all of them and deciding which one works best.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Ruger LCP II for deep conceal. Even comes with a decent pocket holster.

[EDIT] Ok - that's a 380 but still recommended.

Last edited:

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    I was handling one of those this weekend in LGS, felt nice in the hand and good weight/balance.

I need the 8 rd mag with the little extension to fit perfectly in my hand. But I love that gun. It conceals really well. I would say the EZ, my sister got one, but it is more expensive and less common to find things for it.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    I think the 365xl or G43X are the best options on the market currently. Both are a bit more than your budget. In your budget either the LC9 or the Shield.

I would try to gather up a few more bucks and get the Glock or Sig though. There's a lot of piece of mind in having some more rounds on hand if needed and both guns are very easy to live with carrying daily.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    If I had to choose from those, Ruger hands down.

I would suggest waiting a bit and saving towards something closer to $500 for better selection and accessories.

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    I got a Walther PPS M2 a few years ago when they were offering $100 mail in rebate. Total came in right around $300. That gun carries easy and shoots great. I doubt Walther is still doing promotions but you could look into it.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Before the Zombie Apocalypse , Gen 1 Shield was going for around $200 .

Not that I would generally recommend a 9x18 over a 9x19 , but with proper holster and a modicum of dressing around the gun , a CZ 82 is certainly carry- able .

kb830

MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2020
    Clarksville, MD
    save your money and get a g43

I really like Glocks, they just work for me. I like the G43, but prefer the G43X with the longer grip and 10 round capacity. I'm not comfortable with the shorter grip, don't know what to do with my little finger, I prefer my little finger on the grip. Make sure you try out some shorter grips, I found the shorter grips don't work for me.

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    I really like Glocks, they just work for me. I like the G43, but prefer the G43X with the longer grip and 10 round capacity. I'm not comfortable with the shorter grip, don't know what to do with my little finger, I prefer my little finger on the grip. Make sure you try out some shorter grips, I found the shorter grips don't work for me.

I agree with that but it's about double his price range.

And try the pierce plus one on the g43. Uses the stock magazine spring. I have giant hands ane I can get my pinky on there now without getting the massive extensions of that defeat the purpose of a g43 anyway.

kb830

MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2020
    Clarksville, MD
    I agree with that but it's about double his price range.

And try the pierce plus one on the g43. Uses the stock magazine spring. I have giant hands ane I can get my pinky on there now without getting the massive extensions of that defeat the purpose of a g43 anyway.

Ah... I skipped over the price range part. (And here I give my kids grief about reading comprehension.... :innocent0 ) I didn't try the g43 with a plus one, but I did try a Sig (bah, I forget which model) with an extended magazine and every shot caused a "pinch" on my little finger, horribly annoying.

Mini14tac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 14, 2013
    North County
    My recommendation would be the Sig P365. I have both the Sig and the Glock 43 and the Sig wins hands down in capacity alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom