What obsolete cartridge/brass is high on your want list?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    -Heard a rumor through the French collector's grapevine that Ian of Forgotten Weapons fame is on board the attempt to get Starline or other brass manufacturers to tool up for the French 7.65 x 20 Longue round. Guess he has a MAS-38 submachine gun that needs feeding!
    This has been my dream for decades as the French 1935a and 1935s pistols are languishing for lack of proper ammo (S&W .32 brass can be machined to kinda work but it's far from reliable and a lot of work for mediocre reliability). Rumors of Starline making brass have flown back and forth forever but up to now nada.
    -So what's on the top of your wish list for ammo or brass you'd love to see come back into production? There's lots to consider for Swiss Vetterli, Ross, Newton, Martini, Winchester Lee Navy, Winchester 1907/10, Remington 8/81, etc owners.

noahhh

Jan 28, 2009
    Arnold,Md
    For me it would be .25-20 Single Shot brass, and the .22 wildcats based on it.

I always had a hankering to build a .276 Pederson, but with non-existent brass...

Jul 1, 2012
    trounds and gyrojet ammo.

Beat me to it - I'd love to see someone successfully make Gyrojet rockets again, especially the .49/12mm
    I have some live rounds but they're too valuable (and unreliable) to shoot.
    Ironically the dummy presentation rounds are even harder to find.
    MBA actually ran short and was using empty and spent casings at the end.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    -Heard a rumor through the French collector's grapevine that Ian of Forgotten Weapons fame is on board the attempt to get Starline or other brass manufacturers to tool up for the French 7.65 x 20 Longue round.
    This has been my dream for decades as the French 1935a and 1935s pistols are languishing for lack of proper ammo.

I'm surprised nobody has come up with a way to rebarrel them for .32 ACP, or possibly .380.

Cruacious

C&R Farmer
    Apr 29, 2015
    Elkton
    I'm surprised nobody has come up with a way to rebarrel them for .32 ACP, or possibly .380.

Here here! I would love to see a way to rebarrel my M1935S-M1 to either cartridge but, for now, I will survive on reloaded 7.65x20mm.

I am praying for someone to reintroduce the French Long so I get some brass without going to extreme efforts!

ca18thc

Sep 7, 2013
    1873 Winchester

I have a 1873 Winchester production 1891 38-40. Very accurate, wonderful shooter.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    For me it would be .25-20 Single Shot brass, and the .22 wildcats based on it.

I always had a hankering to build a .276 Pederson, but with non-existent brass...

Funny you mention Pedersen since the French 7.65 Longue pistol cartridge is nearly identical to his Pedersen Device cartridge. Believe the only difference is bullet weight.

kaliroger

Jul 20, 2018
    Frederick County, MD
    Here here! I would love to see a way to rebarrel my M1935S-M1 to either cartridge but, for now, I will survive on reloaded 7.65x20mm.

I am praying for someone to reintroduce the French Long so I get some brass without going to extreme efforts!

Me as well, would love to get some ammo for them. I have some of the original steel ammo, but they are hard to come by...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom