• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • osu_peanuts

Jan 29, 2015
    I am currently in Baltimore, my wife is active USCG, FL resident (drivers license) I am former USMC, South Carolina (drivers license) I wanted to purchase suppressors for a Remington 700 tactical and a Mossberg MVP tactical. I hear a trust is the best way to go. Paperwork wise can I do it here in Baltimore? Or do we need to goto our home states? I am open to suggestions on shops that are good to goto for this process as obviously its complex and want help.
    Suppressor comments and suggestions are always welcome.

lamontjb

Aug 13, 2014
    I'm also Active duty military assigned to MD with a home of record FL. Your trust should ensure that it is good to go for Maryland and Florida. A lawyer will be able to do this and online trusts claim they are good for all 50 states.

I don't know what the FFL will require for a suppressor though, I assume they will just need a copy of your NFA trust. When I purchase firearms (at least non-NFA firearms), they require my Driver's license and a copy of my orders bringing me to MD.

Last edited:

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I thought under the Soldier's and Sailor's Relief Act, the spouse, if not active duty themselves, had to have the same state of residence for record as the military member?

Or had to be a resident of the state they lived in.

But the best thing to do is to talk to one or more of the IPs here who sell suppressors. Because you are going to have to satisfy THEM to get this done.

Easytarget18

Señor Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    I thought under the Soldier's and Sailor's Relief Act, the spouse, if not active duty themselves, had to have the same state of residence for record as the military member?

Or had to be a resident of the state they lived in.

But the best thing to do is to talk to one or more of the IPs here who sell suppressors. Because you are going to have to satisfy THEM to get this done.

Partially correct. Its is the Military Spouse Residency Relief Act (MSRRA) you are thinking of. The rest is correct. I still maintain TX as active duty but for some reason only known to her, my wife changed hers from TX to MD.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    So as a spouse, they have to have the same residency as the active duty member or the state where they are actually living?

So the OP cannot legally have SC residency. Must either be TX (same as active duty member) or MD (where he currently lives).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom