How I got into Full Auto Cheap but still have a nice gun!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    That's ... I may have to go down the same road if I decide to buy a machine gun some day. :)

Why wait? MGs dont really go down in price much. So you can buy it now, play with it for years, sell it and break even or make a bit! Why Wait!!??

Seriously... since I been shooting my MG... semi auto fire seems like a waste of good ammo!

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Why wait? MGs dont really go down in price much. So you can buy it now, play with it for years, sell it and break even or make a bit! Why Wait!!??

Seriously... since I been shooting my MG... semi auto fire seems like a waste of good ammo!

Considering I have absolutely zero disposable income right this moment, it's gonna be hard to afford anything much less a machinegun! I'll save up over a couple of months and then I can start shopping.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Seriously guys, go look at your guns. Start adding up the value you see! You will be surprised how quickly you could afford a FA gun. Stop buying other guns and save for a while. Sell off a few of guns you don't like as much and save up and do it. The hardest part is not the money, its deciding you are going to actually do it!

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    I must have lost my mind; I'm actually considering this.

The biggest issue for me is that I know nothing about MG's.

Guys, I am not trying to talk anyone into "jumping off the deepend!" Please take your time and consider things. Come out to one of our shoots. Come shoot FA before buying. Make sure you like it and you know what you are getting into. Its really not as big of a step as you think! Its just the idea that sounds crazy by our modern liberal mindset. It was a big mental jump for me too.

You say you know nothing? Do you own a 9mm? Then you know the ammo. Do you own a pistol? Then you know the basics of shooting and they are the same. What will you need to learn? Well a little ATF paperwork and laws... not hard and you have done 99% of that if you own any other NFA item. Second, with a Mac its an open bolt gun. So you cock it to the back to make it ready to shoot. You cock the gun before loading the mag. You have to be a little more careful with a jam as its a bit easier to have an AD. You have to take a little more aggressive shooting stance. You have to learn trigger control. Thats about it! The internals are 10x simplier then semis.

The first time I shot a gun I was about 20ish. I am 28 now and I am not in the military or LE. I think anyone can handle it! Come out and give it a try, you will not regret it!

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    I've shot a few full autos. The MP-5 was the cat's ass; it will forever be what I compare other full autos to; I didn't care for the Thomson (I tended to be all over the place), and with the M16, I couldn't get more than 3 rounds on target, and it would start to "walk" on me.

I just looked on GB, and for ~$3500, you can get a Cobray 9mm with a can. I spent that on my last pistol.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    What I would really love is a registered sear for an AR. Then my M-4gery would be a real M-4! And yes, it does have a 14.5" barrel.

Jim

Start looking into it! Remeber uppers can swap. Lightning links... DIAS... there is lots of info on the web and we have M16s you can shoot and try out. Trust me FA M16 is much more fun than any semi!

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    I've shot a few full autos. The MP-5 was the cat's ass; it will forever be what I compare other full autos to; I didn't care for the Thomson (I tended to be all over the place), and with the M16, I couldn't get more than 3 rounds on target, and it would start to "walk" on me.

I just looked on GB, and for ~$3500, you can get a Cobray 9mm with a can. I spent that on my last pistol.

Yeah the Max 11 shoots pretty well compared to a MP5. Its a bit heavier but that helps keep it under control. For the money, if you like the MP5, you will be happy with the Max11!!!

Yeah $3500 is about right, and you may be able to do better. Remember you are putting a $800 upper on it if you want the Max11.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Start looking into it! Remeber uppers can swap. Lightning links... DIAS... there is lots of info on the web and we have M16s you can shoot and try out. Trust me FA M16 is much more fun than any semi!

The other M4ish upper I have does not have a full auto BCG, but it would be cool (and expensive!) to shoot a full auto 6.8 SPC. Gah, I have to wait for my next tax return. We'll see.

Jim

Billman

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?
    May 18, 2010
    Sykesville, MD
    You know what they say...once you go full auto you never go back. Well maybe not, but it is a game changer for sure! I "invested" in a Colt M16 and all I can say is wow! The other goodies in the safe are now collecting dust. :party29:

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    I shot that max11 at the Thompson shoot the other week that thing is sweet. Real cool guys up there too. The BAR was ridiculous.

Thanks again

Eric

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    I shot that max11 at the Thompson shoot the other week that thing is sweet. Real cool guys up there too. The BAR was ridiculous.

Thanks again

Eric

Yeah Eric, I remember you. It was my Max11. That FND (BAR that you shot) was very cool! So what are you thinking of buying???;)

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    Soo many choices so little money, I just converted a saiga 12, I'm saving my money now for a full auto. The max11 seems to be the best value by far, but I like the ability of a m16 lower to accept many different calibers and size uppers too.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Soo many choices so little money, I just converted a saiga 12, I'm saving my money now for a full auto. The max11 seems to be the best value by far, but I like the ability of a m16 lower to accept many different calibers and size uppers too.

Thats my thinking exactly. I am waiting on a transfer of a MG08/15 and maybe an MG08 but I think the next will be a M16. Have you see the Shrike upper... I mean that would be the gun to have if those assholes ever decide to stop screwing people around and produce some uppers!

I would really suggest stop spending money on all semis... as you will only want to shoot FA for a good while. Now I have a few semis I want to sell to help pay for more FAs.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Ruger AC556s can still be had for under $10k. I've seen one recently that went for $7.5K. And then you too can be a member of the A-Team!

Jim

I think I have seen them even cheaper than that. But I would start with a sub gun. Esp if money is a problem. 9mm are usually cheaper than 223. But the main point with a M16 is not the M16 itself. Its the different uppers you can put on it. You can't do that with the Ruger.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I think I have seen them even cheaper than that. But I would start with a sub gun. Esp if money is a problem. 9mm are usually cheaper than 223. But the main point with a M16 is not the M16 itself. Its the different uppers you can put on it. You can't do that with the Ruger.

True, but there are more style points with the Ruger. And they're still under warrantee by Ruger. If your M-16 breaks, who are you going to call?

Jim

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    The Ruger AC556 is a good entry level 5.56 assault rifle. It is the only factoy machinegun that is still supported by the factory. I actually shoot my AC556 more than my 16's. I like the comfort of knowing that if anything goes wrong... I have the full backing of RUGER to keep my investment functional for a very long time.

Below: a Ruger AC556K ( 13.5" folder) in a Clyde Armory ScarCQB stock chasis, DMS-1 and AAC M42K suppressor
    ( Hint: Wondering where my name came from? My Ac556K/ scarcqb is one of my favorite NFA toys)

Attachments

• ac556kscar1.jpg
      ac556kscar1.jpg
      10.6 KB · Views: 290

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom