• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    The article highlight the bigger issue of being within 100 miles of the US border. In this case it was a 380 mag ammo, and a truck.

Civil asset forfeiture needs to be prohibited, unless charges are pressed. People are constantly getting their phones and computer equipment seized by customs, even though no laws have been broken.

mdflyer

Nov 19, 2015
    I once flew a cargo load into Canada, customs there was no big deal but when we flew back and landed in buffalo to clear US customs, WOW, I opened the door to the plane to great them and thought the jerk was ready to shoot me! When they finally told us we could open the door they went through our paper work which was in order searched the plane top to bottom with a geiger counter then took us into the building separated us ran our passports then questioned us why about our trip that lasted all of about 2.5 hours to drop off the load of parts.

Now ok IF we were bad people, which we are NOT, we could have potentially been smuggling something back in, i get that, and I could see search with drug sniffing dogs for that, what really got me was the Geiger counter??? or was it some other instrument i mistook??

Just seemed really odd and a total power trip and and to delay us, maybe it was because we were there before he could get his morning coffee??

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom