Attachments

• 20170330_125541.jpg
      20170330_125541.jpg
      52.3 KB · Views: 496

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    Bought a couple new Umbrella rigs but decided to make one also. All parts about $27, saved about $13 I guess.

Attachments

• 20170401_230111[1].jpg
      20170401_230111[1].jpg
      57.8 KB · Views: 461

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Went out today and busted the cherry on my new spinning rod and reel, Susquehanna flats, caught some small fish up in close to shore (about 20" fish). Not a great day, but it sure was great to be out there again fishin em! :beer:

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    We fished all up and down the East side and wound up inshore on the West side, almost down by the Southern line (we came up from the south and worked our way back down there in the afternoon). Seemed like the shoals inshore were warming up pretty quickly from this morning and the fish were turning on there, even though they were on the small side. We threw mostly soft plastics on jigs (BKD's) and I was catching them on a swim shad in the shallow water.

Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    Not much longer - a lot to be done in a short amount of time.

Attachments

• 2 Apr 1.jpg
      2 Apr 1.jpg
      102.6 KB · Views: 402
    • 2 Apr 2.jpg
      2 Apr 2.jpg
      112.4 KB · Views: 396
    • 2 Apr 3.jpg
      2 Apr 3.jpg
      88.2 KB · Views: 402
    • 2 Apr 4.jpg
      2 Apr 4.jpg
      80.7 KB · Views: 391

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    Went bass fishing in the Gunpowder area today and didn't get one bit in about 5 hours. It sucked.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Pine Lake (it's really a small pond) in Wheaton was stocked with 500 trout yesterday. Ninety minutes with powerbait, nothing for me. 20 yard to my left a guy from the movie Deliverance landed three, he was using 3 hooks (not legal) per rod (3). Perhaps I need to adjust the leader lengths say 6" apart on my three rods, and as of now I just use one hook, guess I can try two. I was throwing a Kastmaster, and Phoebe. About five times, a Golden would follow it in never striking. It got so close to shore once, I started jigging the spoon and the damn thing was just staring at it! :lol2:

Way too many people there, when I left about 20. If you know the pond, those 500 Trout will be gone in days, with all the poaching. During the time I was there I saw a few landed but many skunked like myself. I caught a nice size trout at Needwood on powerbait, but all the rest I've caught on spoons. I take it freshly stock trout may not react to lures, until they learn it could be food?

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Pine Lake (it's really a small pond) in Wheaton was stocked with 500 trout yesterday. Ninety minutes with powerbait, nothing for me. 20 yard to my left a guy from the movie Deliverance landed three, he was using 3 hooks (not legal) per rod (3). Perhaps I need to adjust the leader lengths say 6" apart on my three rods, and as of now I just use one hook, guess I can try two. I was throwing a Kastmaster, and Phoebe. About five times, a Golden would follow it in never striking. It got so close to shore once, I started jigging the spoon and the damn thing was just staring at it! :lol2:

Way too many people there, when I left about 20. If you know the pond, those 500 Trout will be gone in days, with all the poaching. During the time I was there I saw a few landed but many skunked like myself. I caught a nice size trout at Needwood on powerbait, but all the rest I've caught on spoons. I take it freshly stock trout may not react to lures, until they learn it could be food?

The last time I fished a stocked lake, I used the smallest sinking Rapala in Shiner to catch quite a few fish. I let it sink all the way to the bottom and slowly twitched it in. For some reason the trout congregated on the bottom of the lake.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    #1 son wants to go pier fishing tonight to break in some new gear. Will catfish bite after a storm like we are having today?
    I wish I knew more about how weather and barometric pressure and such affect fish.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    #1 son wants to go pier fishing tonight to break in some new gear. Will catfish bite after a storm like we are having today?
    I wish I knew more about how weather and barometric pressure and such affect fish.

A lot of the time, when you have rains like today, the catfish will be tight against the bank. Especially if there is a drop-off or cut-bank. They'll be there munching on what has been washed into the water.

Texas

Villiage Idiot
    Nov 16, 2016
    Accokeek
    Have to hit the DMV tomorrow and will get my OFFICIAL MD DL. I was fighting it but I give up. After that I am going to get my fishing and hunting permits. Anything special I need to know about getting them? I know in FL I had to get special permit for lobster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom