TacCon 3MR Trigger? Cooler than a bumpstock?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kingjamez

Gun Builder
    Oct 22, 2009
    Fairfax, VA
    Ha!

I'm sure it definitely hasn't hurt them, disappointed buyers going after a known performer after being let down by the 3mr.

Yep, that and EVERYBODY saying "just buy a Geissele for half the price" overnight the Geissele went from "that expensive trigger" to "that 1/2 price trigger".

-Jim

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Yep, that and EVERYBODY saying "just buy a Geissele for half the price" overnight the Geissele went from "that expensive trigger" to "that 1/2 price trigger".

-Jim

Brilliant marketing. :D

And Bill didn't have to spend a cent on it.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Bill Geissele has confirmed on AR15.com that he is working on a "third mode" trigger that offers a 2 stage trigger in "semi" mode, and a light single stage trigger in "full" mode. Think of a SSA in semi and a S3G in full. He says the price will be around $325.00. No one will buy a Taccon trigger (at any price) when Geissele unleashes that trigger.

-Jim

This could be interesting.

HERE is the thread from AR15.com

Geissele chimes in, his screen name is "sagmill".

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    So I understand Geissle product is DOA.....word is this tapcon trigger sucks.....is my only option a bump fire style stock?

Anyone try this Franklin arms binary trigger?

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    A bumpfire stock is a much less costly option and will work with most triggers just fine.. ;)

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    I once saw a youtube video of an AR with both the Tac Con trigger and a bumpfire stock. It seemed faster than a full auto M16.
    Technically you can't outrun a M16 in an apples to apples comparison. The M16 auto sear trips almost exactly 2mm before the bolt carrier is fully forward as to time the hammer reaching the firing pin about the same time the carrier is fully forward. You can't go any faster as the firing pin will still be shrouded and you'll get a FTF. Slower is just, well, slower but will still work ok. The M16 fires as fast as the bolt can physically cycle. To get a bump-fire / light-trigger semi to run faster than a stock M16 will require a different bolt/spring/gas setting so that the BCG cycles faster. But the EXACT same thing could have been done to a M16 to speed it up. If you bump-fire a AR15 too fast you will outrun the BCG and get FTFs. No big deal and still safe. So you can approach the speed of a M16 but really can't outrun it.

This is the same reason a bump-fire 9mm AR isn't recommended. A 9mm bolt doesn't shroud the firing pin until its fully in battery being its a fixed blowback style. So if you outrun the bolt (or even if the round has a partial feed jam) instead of getting a FTF you get an OOB explosion!:eek: A real M16 won't allow you to drop the hammer until the bolt is almost completely closed virtually eliminating OOBs w/ a 9mm upper.

md_al

Apr 25, 2014
    Middle River
    Technically you can't outrun a M16 in an apples to apples comparison. The M16 auto sear trips almost exactly 2mm before the bolt carrier is fully forward as to time the hammer reaching the firing pin about the same time the carrier is fully forward. You can't go any faster as the firing pin will still be shrouded and you'll get a FTF. Slower is just, well, slower but will still work ok. The M16 fires as fast as the bolt can physically cycle. To get a bump-fire / light-trigger semi to run faster than a stock M16 will require a different bolt/spring/gas setting so that the BCG cycles faster. But the EXACT same thing could have been done to a M16 to speed it up. If you bump-fire a AR15 too fast you will outrun the BCG and get FTFs. No big deal and still safe. So you can approach the speed of a M16 but really can't outrun it.

After watching other videos, I have to correct myself and agree with you that the full auto is faster. The bumpfire/tac con combination especially the 1st time shooter emptying the entire magazine in the video was interesting, and cheaper than buying a full auto m16. Of course ammo cost will eventually eat into this.

In other videos in youtube the Gissele SD-3G appears to be faster than the Tac Con trigger
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdR8FaORQ5E
    but I still have to locate a bumpfire/ SD-3G combination video.

The shooter in this video seems pretty consistent with the SD-3G.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vvr0rSaFgZE

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    For one thing bump-fire is almost impossible to get to work on the move. I consider that a deal breaker for anything above plinking at the range. The Franklin Arms Binary trigger appears to be the real deal as your own movement will not upset the working of it. Talked to a couple of AR gunsmiths this week and to a man what they would own is the Franklin Binary trigger if they did not already have one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom