• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    More info releasing at shotshow, looks like they integrated the main spring housing into the grip, or it is possibly part of the changeable blackstrap. And eliminated the grip safety.

In some of the press release they stated that they eliminate some 40% of the parts.

Also looks like they are using the polymer80 style jig, and rail inserts.

Makes me think polymer80 didn't secure a utility patent on their design (or it expired already?)

http://www.liberty1911.com

Attachments

• IMG_2159.jpg
      IMG_2159.jpg
      31 KB · Views: 363
    • IMG_2158.jpg
      IMG_2158.jpg
      35 KB · Views: 382
    • IMG_2157.jpg
      IMG_2157.jpg
      29.2 KB · Views: 377
    • IMG_2160.jpg
      IMG_2160.jpg
      23.2 KB · Views: 381

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    No shame, I like it.

I do hope that the actual production model has some kind of texture on the grip though, and is not smooth like the 3D rendering.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Shit. Looks like at least 2 1911 builds are in my future, steel frame and poly.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I have the Matrix Precision rail cutting Jig you can use with no help from me. Super easy....for when you’re ready.

:thumbsup:

Yeah, I'll have to get that ball moving after I get the 9mm lower milled out. Even that I'm going to have 'fun' with, never milled one out before.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    More info releasing at shotshow, looks like they integrated the main spring housing into the grip, or it is possibly part of the changeable blackstrap. And eliminated the grip safety.

Ned Christiansen introduced that same no grip safety conversion for the steel frame 1911’s years back.
    Looks like a modified poly Glock frame. Notice how the thumb safety inset on the frame.
    40% less parts, hope they aren’t using the S80 lockwork pistol for parts reduction comparison - cheap shot there. Eliminating the 4 grip screws, 4 grip screw bushings, 2 grip panels - that is a 25% parts reduction. Either the grip safety or mainspring housing, maybe lower mainspring housing detent, plunger tube - 3 more parts, we’re at 32%. Mag catch hardware...maybe.

I can imagine... be interesting to see, maybe buy.

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    Come on liberty can a brother get an update?!?!?!?!?!?

Looks like they pretty much went dark.

They were also the company that’s behind the scenes for glockstore’s g43 80% frame that has been waiting on ATF determination letter. I would wager that liberty is in the same boat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom