• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Ive seen a lot of online hate for the VP9 but I gotta say I love mine. And I have a lot of 9mm handguns and am not particularly brand loyal. The VP9 is the **** in my book.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Ive seen a lot of online hate for the VP9 but I gotta say I love mine. And I have a lot of 9mm handguns and am not particularly brand loyal. The VP9 is the **** in my book.

What can people hate about it?

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I love mine but that may be because I am left handed and this gun is lefty friendly out of the box. It is my go to range and home defense gun.
    It should also be right hand friendly to you as well. Just in case your left hand gets knocked out of the fight.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    I shot a friends VP9 and liked it. But, it didn't do enough for me to make me want to give up my Glocks for it.

Is there any aftermarket support for the VP9?

One of the turn offs for me on HK products was the lack of aftermarket support and less than stellar factory support.

I shot a friends VP9 and liked it. But, it didn't do enough for me to make me want to give up my Glocks for it.

Is there any aftermarket support for the VP9?

One of the turn offs for me on HK products was the lack of aftermarket support and less than stellar factory support.

Not necessary. H&K products are usually exceptional out of the box.

H&K Fanboy- "I love my H&K"
    Glock Fanboy- "H&K's are way too expensive"
    Glock Fanboy- "I got a new trigger, slide, barrel, springs and sights for my Glock"
    H&K Fanboy- "How much did those upgrades cost?"
    Glock Fanboy- "It's a GLOCK"

The VP9 is at a comparable price point to a factory Glock. Flame war on!!!

killng

Nov 29, 2015
    moco
    IMG_1190.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Not necessary. H&K products are usually exceptional out of the box.

H&K Fanboy- "I love my H&K"
    Glock Fanboy- "H&K's are way too expensive"
    Glock Fanboy- "I got a new trigger, slide, barrel, springs and sights for my Glock"
    H&K Fanboy- "How much did those upgrades cost?"
    Glock Fanboy- "It's a GLOCK"

The VP9 is at a comparable price point to a factory Glock. Flame war on!!!

Nahhh, no flaming from me. People like what people like, I won't try to convince anyone otherwise.

I'm an admitted Glock fanboy. I never understood the people that dump more in aftermarket crap on them either. Before I went overseas to work and was in school full time I was shooting a lot. I was beating the pants off of people in my local club with a bone stock Glock 34 with some skate board tape on the grip.

I bought a USP in 1995( or somewhere thereabouts) and was never overly impressed with it. I shot a friends Glock 17 in 2000 and never looked back.

Honestly, for what the USP's cost, I never really thought they measured up to what you would spend. I did look at getting one a few years ago, for a very good price. I contacted them to see what it would cost to have it swapped over to Variant 2 and that pretty much sealed the deal for me to not get one again.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Nahhh, no flaming from me. People like what people like, I won't try to convince anyone otherwise.

I'm an admitted Glock fanboy. I never understood the people that dump more in aftermarket crap on them either. Before I went overseas to work and was in school full time I was shooting a lot. I was beating the pants off of people in my local club with a bone stock Glock 34 with some skate board tape on the grip.

I bought a USP in 1995( or somewhere thereabouts) and was never overly impressed with it. I shot a friends Glock 17 in 2000 and never looked back.

Honestly, for what the USP's cost, I never really thought they measured up to what you would spend. I did look at getting one a few years ago, for a very good price. I contacted them to see what it would cost to have it swapped over to Variant 2 and that pretty much sealed the deal for me to not get one again.

I have a USP and like it. I got the VP9 and LOVE it. The handgun that was my favorite before this was the Glock 19. Once I picked up a VP9, my world turned around. It’s worlds better.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I just put a Lobos trigger in mine. I prefer metal over plastic triggers. Nice upgrade. Hoping to get to the range soon.

scribe556

Apr 3, 2009
    However, IMHO, it does not have the ergonomics or crisp trigger of the USPc.
    Someone please remind me as to why I sold a pistol I loved to purchase a pistol I really like. Next time, I'm gonna save up for a few months rather than selling something I love.

I have both but a USP9C. Why not save for the USP9C? Same ergos, cheaper to shoot. Maybe this is your fate....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom