• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    Just ordered two of the Yugo "Tokarevs". I have one in great shape and love it. I like the Yugos better than the other model Tokarevs because I have large hands and the grips are too short on the 8 round Tokarevs and CZ52.

I hope they aren't too ugly, they don't really nail down a description of the NRA condition in that description. "clean with moderate finish wear" doesn't tell me "Good, Very Good", etc.

But I like to live on the wild side.

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Call James River Armory
    They had some RC Mausers at Chantilly marked sub$300 I recall
    Don't know the story but I know they have been getting away from Mausers

why2kmax

Jacka$$
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury PA
    Call James River Armory
    They had some RC Mausers at Chantilly marked sub$300 I recall
    Don't know the story but I know they have been getting away from Mausers

was this recently? Because they put them on sale after Christmas or New Years and by the time I called they were all gone.

jkeiler

Mar 25, 2013
    Bowie
    I saw that. I've been wanting to add a Yugo M48 or 24/47 to the collection (I have no Mausers yet) but I think I'll wait and grab a nicer one.

Anyone happen to know how the current stock of Yugo Mausers at Wideners looks?

M24 with extras at Wideners, but about $80 more. M48s same price as M24s w/o extras it seems. Wideners promises VG condition, Wholesale Hunters Good condition. Unless you want all the extras and willing to pay a premium it might be worth going with the Wholesale Hunters offer. Wideners is a good vendor, but they will ship C&R crap too--depends on the luck of the draw.

http://www.wideners.com/itemview.cfm?dir=700|701|1029

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    You get a bayonet and scabbard with the M24/47 at Wideners, and if they are in VG condition it's well worth it to spend more for me. My problem is, it doesn't say it's VG.

I HATE when they use vauge and non NRA descriptions. "these are in great condition and are shooter rifles" does not really tell you what to expect. That could mean anything from the upper end of GOOD to Excellent, which is a huge range, really. That irritates me when vendors do that.. I need to know Fair, G, VG, E, etc!

/rant

4095fanatic

Paramagic
    Dec 3, 2010
    This isn't exactly a "new" deal, but scoping out Southern Ohio Gun (FFL/C&R required to access the deal through a dealer's account for those of you without one) I noticed that they mark off their M44s to $200 each if you buy two. Not by any means a special price, but I don't see M44s ever dropping much below that (I remember when they were half that...).

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    Maybe this is a dumb question (I don't know a lot about K98s) but are these peened?

Usually the Yugo Refurbs are scrubbed of most German/Nazi markings (even the manufacturer codes) have the Yugo crest added and have new barrels fitted. There are a few that I've seen that still have the markings intact however

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom