• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    This was over the summer of 2010. I told the trooper that i had 5 years separation of service to the time I applied was because I was traveling to Afghanistan for tdy !! He just shrugged it off.

Some troopers are great guys and some are like this one your dealing with. No matter if they are right or wrong, this charictor flawed trooper not only had to turn you down, he was not happy unless he let you know how unimportant you are to him.

The good troopers and police join to help people that can't help themselves. and to help their community. Guys like the one your dealing with join for the "look at me because I'm better then everyone else" reasons.

I hope you reapplied again. Did you? Maybe this gift to all Marylander's has moved on or may not come in contact with your app this time around.

Last edited:

Chowda69

Apr 5, 2012
    Maryland (ugh)
    I did apply again, and my application was submitted 2 weeks ago. Check was cashed, but nothing yet, and i do not expect anything for a bit. This is fine because I would like to hear the ruling before they "act" on my application !

Mr H

Banana'd
    well a confidential informant in the state police may or may not have indicated that all apps without good reason are being put to the back of the pile and apps with good reasons are being process but that may be a rumor.

hmmm...

As many of us used "self defense and all lawful purposes" as our reason, if some of our apps are being set aside and others processed under the same conditions, that would be something to note...

If true, of course.....

:D

Elliotte

Ultimate Member
    Aug 11, 2011
    Loudoun County VA
    I tried that... For starters my app was received on 3/15 and I had my face to face (first one on hear to have one I think) on 3/27.
    After he was done with his part he ask me If I had any questions as it was my time now. I did ask why my interview was in person when most were getting phone interviews? (A) That he had no Idea. An interview for a CCW permit was suppose to be in person. If he is going to sign off on papers that you are clear then he wants to see you in person. I understand that.
    I ask how the process worked and basically he told me that he received the app from Pikesville and was to do an investigation (could not tell me a lot about that). Thats all he does is the investigation then sends it back to Pikesville. He said that he will never hear if I even get my permit. He said that I was the first he had done for "self defense". He had no clue how they were going to handle our apps with whats going on in the courts. I hear a lot of people saying there interview ended with "we are waiting on the courts on how to process your app". My investigator said he had never heard or was told to say that. he is just doing his job and sending it back to them.

So I think if you want answers you will need to talk to someone with power at Pikesville.:lol2: Even the guys we talk to don't really know whats going on.

I'm 99% certain I had the same interviewer in Westminster. He was polite, although he didn't seem very friendly for most of it, could just be that it was morning for me or that I was a little nervous. I even goofed when he asked me if I've lived in any other states, I said nope except for college. Then he asked where I was born and I responded, which wasn't in MD, oops. Then he asked how long I lived there and I said 2 1/2 years at which point he went back to the what states have you lived in question and I went :banghead: He was nice about it, said he didn't think I was trying to deceive him, just not thinking clearly.

ericahls

Aug 31, 2011
    Elkridge MD
    Just Applied

I submitted my application on March 21st. Check cashed on the 23rd. Handwritten number bottom right of check 89965.

I am applying for making deposits. Have been in business for 9 years, thought its about time.

I haven't received and phone call yet.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    I submitted my application on March 21st. Check cashed on the 23rd. Handwritten number bottom right of check 89965.

I am applying for making deposits. Have been in business for 9 years, thought its about time.

I haven't received and phone call yet.

My check was deposited on March 26 and the number on my check is 81479. Has anyone figured out what the numbers may mean?

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    My check was deposited on March 26 and the number on my check is 81479. Has anyone figured out what the numbers may mean?

Most likely a case number assigned to you.

PJDiesel applied years ago and was denied, re-applying this year his number was 69###. So, it seems you will be number 81479 to the MSP forever (My speculation).

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Have interviews totally STOPPED as of mid / end of last week? Seems that way.

Yes it does.

[tinfoil]

I wouldn't put it past the current regime (Owe'Malley/Gansler) to have put Frosh up to the shenanigans that he pulled, so the state could just collect the permit fees and deny everyone.

[/tinfoil]

br3krj

Libertarian Conservative
    Oct 25, 2009
    Harford County
    Received a call today from the Bel Air barracks (closest to me). In person interview set up for this week - he said phone interview was not an option. I will meet with him on Wednesday. More to follow.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    I think I got a call at home today while I was not home. But no VM. Calling ID shows "The POLICE PROT".
    I even got excited myself this morning, got on FB and a trooper friend of mine I haven't talked to in awhile friended me and when I saw it I automatically thought it had something to do with my permit application, it took me a few minutes of pondering to realize that it was my buddy, then I really felt like a dumba$$.:D

Jackson923

Hell Yeah!
    Jan 25, 2008
    Harford Co
    I think I got a call at home today while I was not home. But no VM. Calling ID shows "The POLICE PROT".

This is the organization that calls to solicite donations for the Police Protection Fund if I remember correctly, it benefits their FOP lodges and other things.

Hmmm looking through some more posts on here got me wondering, I received a phone interview, some guys are getting in person interviews scheduled. Those who have interviews scheduled is it because you filed your app. as something other than "Self Defense and Lawful Purposes", did you file for buisness receipt deposits as an example?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom