What Ruger PC Carbines mods/upgrades have you done?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Virgil Co.C

Aug 10, 2018
    Even doing some reading about issues with these , so I’m ordering some “ upgrades “ . Extractor, buffer,extended stop , ew stainless pins , compensator, charging handle . Want the Magpul stock and Midwest industry front rail/ foegrip. This is turning into an exspensive piece . But kinda taking advice of some fellows that use these competitively. Also want new plate for mag insert for spare . Ya she’s gonna be very functional, reliable and cool. I’ve always been a fan of Ruger .

CelticBiggie

Mar 26, 2016
    I have the MCARBO extractor on mine. I believe the newer rugers had taken care of this issue.

I bought the first one I could when they were released

Hibs

Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    Finally picked one of these up. Should make a great host for my Rugged Obsidian 9 that is due out of jail any day now.

Put the Glock mag well in it, added a sling and a Vortex Spitfire HD Gen II 3x prism red dot. Hoping to shoot it next week.

05FC0481-55F4-40E8-A0C4-F676753E75C9.jpeg

Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Finally picked one of these up. Should make a great host for my Rugged Obsidian 9 that is due out of jail any day now.

Put the Glock mag well in it, added a sling and a Vortex Spitfire HD Gen II 3x prism red dot. Hoping to shoot it next week.

View attachment 389240
    One word- podiatrist.
    Nice rifle, but you got some nasty dogs going on there my friend.
    Oh, and it makes a great host.

Hibs

Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    One word- podiatrist.
    Nice rifle, but you got some nasty dogs going on there my friend.
    Oh, and it makes a great host.
    LoL

Nothin wrong with my big toes per se... the obvious disfiguration of my big toe nails, but that was caused by external factors. That's what happens when you get mouthy at SERE school. Not actually, but, makes for a good story. Root cause was ingrown toe nails leading to removal of both toe nails during a time when I was extremely physically active and no ability for proper recovery leading to poor regrowth of the nail. Nothing to do at this point minus whip out the angle grinder and smooth them down every month or two like the scene from dumb & dumber.

FZRracer400!

Nov 8, 2022
    RIP MD.
    We’ve got 2 of the standard models. Had a third but sold it to get the pc charger instead. We absolutely love these, and they’ve been 100% reliable after 500+/- rounds each. The extractor was a concern I read about, but from what I’ve seen the newer ones like we’ve got were addressed by Ruger already. Nothin will burn through a case of 9mm like these things………great firearms!! :gun2:

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    Here's the final configuration of my chassis model from upthread. Swapped out the charging handle and added an extended mag release. Really haven't had a need to touch anything else.

2X on FCRracer's report - no issues to report whatsoever and it's easy to burn through the ammo with it. I cropped my toes out of the photo as a courtesy to all. :outta her

pcc.jpg

FZRracer400!

Nov 8, 2022
    RIP MD.
    Here's the final configuration of my chassis model from upthread. Swapped out the charging handle and added an extended mag release. Really haven't had a need to touch anything else.

2X on FCRracer's report - no issues to report whatsoever and it's easy to burn through the ammo with it. I cropped my toes out of the photo as a courtesy to all. :outta her

View attachment 389295
    That is sweet! I really want one of these chassis version carbines, and you ain’t helping’ :toothless

FZRracer400!

Nov 8, 2022
    RIP MD.
    How do you like the PC Charger?
    Love it! We put the SB triangular brace on it with a vortex crossfire red dot and a no name brake. It’s still a really smooth shooting piece my wife can easily hit a 8” plate at 50 yards, which is what I wanted most. A piece she can easily grab and use quickly with minute of man accuracy for her. And even though it’s a stout piece, with that lightweight brace and tiny dot, it’s really well balanced, accurate and just flat out easy to use.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    I just added one of these to the safe a few weeks ago. I’ve plenty of Glock mags so that helps. I added the extended mag release, a 1x4 scope that wasn’t being utilized and a cheek riser.

It’s a great 9mm platform. Feels solid. Shoots well. With the 1-4x I was ringing the 6” plate at 100yds standing offhand about 7 out of 10 shots.

3161c6aea102472c2d5d2a2bd5ee28de.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    Am I the only one that gets hung up on the PCC sized mags seated into a mag well that looks like it was made for longer rifle rounds? That aesthetic nag always plucks my nerves.
    Nope,, I can not stand all the AR9 platforms that have exterior 5.56 sized magwells,, for 9mm mags. Looks like some "kludged" together POS.
    And the reason I never considered the Ruger and bought a Beretta Storm PCC
    (And I am a HUGE Ruger fan,, YUGE!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom