• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Well as a retired veteran...and applying numerous places Ive landed a job at Autozone. I prob could do better but tired of the high stress...this is something I like so hopefully it goes well! I'm still on terminal leave so technically having 2 jobs right now is definitely a plus. But having a job is better than no job in my book especially in todays economy...I will say it is tough...:)

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Claro que si! Yep I'm bilingual:)

Muy Excelente! You'll be just fine then! There seems to be two types of people that work at these chain auto parts stores (more or less).

1) Young clueless punks who don't know the first schit about a car

2) Older (mostly) dudes that will scour the computer and find something that works that isn't even listed for your application.

Annnnnnddddd, two types of customers, women and Mexicans. :D

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Muy Excelente! You'll be just fine then! There seems to be two types of people that work at these chain auto parts stores (more or less).

1) Young clueless punks who don't know the first schit about a car

2) Older (mostly) dudes that will scour the computer and find something that works that isn't even listed for your application.

Annnnnnddddd, two types of customers, women and Mexicans. :D

guess this is me (37)...:lol2: thing that always got me was asking what type of engine V8 or V6 when someone is looking for a headlight or something NOT having any significance to a V8 or V6...:lol2:

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    Whoa, 37 you're a kid still. Young man, you need to go back to school! As a vet there must be some training opportunities available for you. It's OK to work at Autozone, WHILE
    you are going to school, but not instead of it. Seriously, figure out what you want to do
    and go for it. You have too many years left to spend at a dead end job. Good Luck!

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Whoa, 37 you're a kid still. Young man, you need to go back to school! As a vet there must be some training opportunities available for you. It's OK to work at Autozone, WHILE
    you are going to school, but not instead of it. Seriously, figure out what you want to do
    and go for it. You have too many years left to spend at a dead end job. Good Luck!

LOL...sad thing is I have a BS..2 associates...part of it is not wanting to work where I could get a job (yes I know my fault) but partially the job I wanted with all my qualifications it wasnt enough...but changing my degree is in my plans...I'd really like to work as a DNR...but that may be a pipe dream. I still have some time. So this will keep me occupied for now...unless MDS mods pay me to comment on threads!!!:lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2:

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    DNR jobs are out there, here is a link to their HR with 44 current job openings.
    They have a job teaching kids how to fish! I bet it pays about the same as Autozone.
    Go for it, being "retired" at 37 gives you options many don't get, take advantage and
    get busy living!
    http://www.dnr.state.md.us/hr/jobs.asp

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    DNR jobs are out there, here is a link to their HR with 44 current job openings.
    They have a job teaching kids how to fish! I bet it pays about the same as Autozone.
    Go for it, being "retired" at 37 gives you options many don't get, take advantage and
    get busy living!http://www.dnr.state.md.us/hr/jobs.asp

definitely...requirements are the prob for most if not all DNR jobs...lots of biology/natural resource experience and or college classes needed...of which I dont have. but I hope to get eventually...

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    Ha, i used to work retail. Its not low stress, trust me dealing with the public is hard.

OMG, dealing with Harry H homeowner will drive you batty. Just wait for the guy(first day on job) that askes what he needs to do something and you tell him, then he tells you that you don't know what you are talking about. It gets way worse, I am so glad I don't work retail anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom