• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bpSchoch

Jan 16, 2009
    Bethesda, MD
    The big thing are the definitions. First you have to look in the current section and if not found, go to the next 'outer' section. And if still not sure, use search on the statutes to see where the term is used and see if it applies to your section. If it's not defined then you need to look in Black's Law dictionary for legal definition.

To do searches, go to http://www.lexisnexis.com/hottopics/mdcode/

Click 'I Agree'
    Now you have a page with all the statutes and 'Rules'

You can either open up the folders or do a search. For a search, pay attention to whether you are searching full text or not (defaulted)

The section called Maryland Rules for all the rules of the courts in Maryland (there is also a section for courts as statutes)

For example you will find the definition of 'firearm' Md. PUBLIC SAFETY Code Ann. § 5-101
    And regulated Firearms; Md. PUBLIC SAFETY Code Ann. § 5-133

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County

Josey Wales

Aug 4, 2010
    Ok,

Yesterday, we all converged on Annapolis and shut it down. We had a very good turn out. The thing is that we did shut down SB 281 but, then they splintered it and are putting pieces of it in different bills. Dwyer came out in the hall by 4:00 and said that O'Malley and Company had already splintered it by that time. They must have done that before we even entered the building. How can we combat that ?

Do you know of anyone that has been successful in defeating something like this ?

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Ok,

Yesterday, we all converged on Annapolis and shut it down. We had a very good turn out. The thing is that we did shut down SB 281 but, then they splintered it and are putting pieces of it in different bills. Dwyer came out in the hall by 4:00 and said that O'Malley and Company had already splintered it by that time. They must have done that before we even entered the building. How can we combat that ?

Do you know of anyone that has been successful in defeating something like this ?

The intent was never to pass SB281 as written. It's a classic play. Frosh did the same thing with his last omnibus bill a few years ago.

Now you can see what it is that they really want in each of the, as you say, "splintered" bills.

The ones that they make it most difficult for us to oppose, i.e. scheduling in multiple committees, scheduling in committees where we have less friends, will be will be the ones that they really want.

The governor >has< to get a major change made, no matter how ineffectual it may be. He's gone all in this year.

Rewind

SLSC Member
    Aug 25, 2012
    Southern Calvert
    I was there all day and night Wed, and for my first ever visit to MD legistlative buildings it was awesome to see the 2A supporters, but intimidating to think of doing this solo. I am prepared to try and go pack to visit with my so called representatives - but have no expereience and find this daunting. So how can I (we) be MOST effective as a whole or individual in attacking these splintered bills?

M4MD

Sep 14, 2012
    Ok,

First I've heard of this. I'm starting to have trouble keeping up with all this. Anyone have info on what bills are getting pieces of SB281 added on?

Maverick0313

Retired and loving it
    Jul 16, 2009
    Bridgeville, DE
    The intent was never to pass SB281 as written. It's a classic play. Frosh did the same thing with his last omnibus bill a few years ago.

Now you can see what it is that they really want in each of the, as you say, "splintered" bills.

The ones that they make it most difficult for us to oppose, i.e. scheduling in multiple committees, scheduling in committees where we have less friends, will be will be the ones that they really want.

The governor >has< to get a major change made, no matter how ineffectual it may be. He's gone all in this year.

And this is why we need a coordinated, publicised approach to stop these efforts.....:party29:

Tebonski

Jan 23, 2013
    Harford County
    Can someone please tell me if we can or cannot transport a registered handgun or Ar15 on and after Oct 1, 2013. Of course, it's unloaded and in a case in my trunk, no ammo with the gun, no loaded magazines, etc. The Ar15 will have been registered as a regulated firearm with the Stae Police before Oct 1, 2013. Thanks.

Saginaw

Jan 13, 2013
    Fort Meade, Odenton
    Thanks for the Info

I am New to Maryland and what I don't get is the use of certain in the legislation regarding persons it seems to me it should just be if a person and most of what I read when I am done I have to go back, because it just gives me a headache.

And remember the polls always come out the way certain financiers want them too!:tdown:

Saginaw

Jan 13, 2013
    Fort Meade, Odenton
    Can someone please tell me if we can or cannot transport a registered handgun or Ar15 on and after Oct 1, 2013. Of course, it's unloaded and in a case in my trunk, no ammo with the gun, no loaded magazines, etc. The Ar15 will have been registered as a regulated firearm with the Stae Police before Oct 1, 2013. Thanks.
    Nobody knows the law is still being written Stay Tuned and join MSI, NRA, SFA, NAGR!

doc.morrison

Dec 2, 2011
    Frederick County, MD
    So, what is a regulated firearm? Seems to be open to rule changes. And ammunition? If one has ammunition for a regulated firearm (7.62x39, 5.56x45, 7.62x51, .30M1 Carbine, 44 magnum, 9x19mm ... actually almost any cartridge you might build an AR or AK platform for......) is one in violation of the diktat?

I smell revolution coming. I smell all sorts of things now....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom