• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ARenthusiast

Mar 17, 2012
    Hey guys, I'm completely new to the NFA world and am looking for some advice/help. Consedering I have to drive over an hour just to get my prints taken I decided to go the NFA trust rout to build my first SBR, it just sounds like less of a hassle overall. I'm having a lawyer that specializes in NFA trusts write one up for me. Only thing is he's out of VA and I’m in MD. He Says everything can be done electronically. Anyone have any experience with this? Or heard of the lawyer (Matthew Bergstrom) from (Arsenal Gun Trust)? Once my trust is finalized and ready to go what's the next step? I know I have to fill out a form 1 but is that all? Can someone break it down for me? Apologize in advance if this doesn't make sense I'm writing it really fast on my phone while I'm standing watch. Thanks

Just want to clarify that I'm in no way questioning Matthew Bergstrom legitimacy, I'm sure he can write me up a thourogh*and legaly sound trust. I'm just wondering if it would be better to find someone local. Living in southern Maryland I doubt I have many options and he's giving me a military discount. My situation is fairly simple anyways. Single with no kids

Last edited:

HokieCasey

Aug 7, 2010
    St Mary's
    When I had mine drawn up, via rusty I did most everything via email, then met him to pay and get copy printed on nice paper. So I would say it's very reasonable.

You'll need to get the trust notarized and a trust bank account (recommend pnc).

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    ARenthusiast said:
    Why would I need a trust bank account? Do I have to have one?

It has been debated before. I would venture to say that most of us with trusts do not have one.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Why would I need a trust bank account? Do I have to have one?
    It allows you to pay for things directly out of trust assets, which is one way in court to show that your trust is "real"... always a consideration when it comes to legal fictions.

ARenthusiast

Mar 17, 2012
    Ok Thnaks, hopefully navy federal offers a free trust account. So what all do I send in with my trust and form 1? Does anyone know of a checklist or something?

HokieCasey

Aug 7, 2010
    St Mary's
    I never got that far with USAA..... I ended up with PNC.

As to the account, it was recommended to me by the Lawyer that drafted up the trust. I found a no fee, no minimum balance checking account and set it up.

Lex Armarum

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2009
    Hey guys, I'm completely new to the NFA world and am looking for some advice/help. Consedering I have to drive over an hour just to get my prints taken I decided to go the NFA trust rout to build my first SBR, it just sounds like less of a hassle overall. I'm having a lawyer that specializes in NFA trusts write one up for me. Only thing is he's out of VA and I’m in MD. He Says everything can be done electronically. Anyone have any experience with this? Or heard of the lawyer (Matthew Bergstrom) from (Arsenal Gun Trust)? Once my trust is finalized and ready to go what's the next step? I know I have to fill out a form 1 but is that all? Can someone break it down for me? Apologize in advance if this doesn't make sense I'm writing it really fast on my phone while I'm standing watch. Thanks

Just want to clarify that I'm in no way questioning Matthew Bergstrom legitimacy, I'm sure he can write me up a thourogh*and legaly sound trust. I'm just wondering if it would be better to find someone local. Living in southern Maryland I doubt I have many options and he's giving me a military discount. My situation is fairly simple anyways. Single with no kids

Its always better to go with someone local. For instance, I am local and can help you with your NFA trust needs and handle everything electronically as well. I have many clients in Southern Maryland and everyone has been happy with my advice. Please let me know if I can help. :thumbsup:

matt

No one special
    Apr 9, 2011
    Its always better to go with someone local. For instance, I am local and can help you with your NFA trust needs and handle everything electronically as well. I have many clients in Southern Maryland and everyone has been happy with my advice. Please let me know if I can help. :thumbsup:

I did my NFA Trust with Rusty. Painless transaction, easy to work with. I used PenFed as my trust chrcking account holder.

rwbow1969

Get Wiffit
    Dec 10, 2011
    Clearspring

Rusty did mine and I am more than satisfied. :party29:

ARenthusiast

Mar 17, 2012
    Can anyone breakdown the whole process or know of a thread that explains application in detail? Understand I have to send my trust and form one off but is that it?

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    You send two signed copies of the form (ONE SHEET EACH, FRONT AND BACK!!!), payment, and a copy of the trust. Easy as can be.

(And I am another satisfied customer of Rusty's.)

Lex Armarum

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2009
    Can I call you today rusty?

You can call me anytime. I believe you have my contact information. Sorry I didn't respond sooner; I was at a family event this afternoon.

EDIT: Thank you to everyone for the wonderful referrals. I truly appreciate the ability to serve you guys and am glad that you are happy with the service I provided. :thumbsup:

RW2111

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Industry Partner
    Apr 2, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    You can call me anytime. I believe you have my contact information. Sorry I didn't respond sooner; I was at a family event this afternoon.

EDIT: Thank you to everyone for the wonderful referrals. I truly appreciate the ability to serve you guys and am glad that you are happy with the service I provided. :thumbsup:

would you happen to know if Bulldog Federal Credit Union offers a NFA Trust

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom