• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ARenthusiast

Mar 17, 2012
    Does anyone know if it is possible to rout my sbr form 1 without physically possessing my lower yet? Reciever is on back order but want to get the ball rolling. Can I put the (to be) engraving on the paperwork instead of the serial number? Or can I have the serial number changed to match the paperwork when I have the engraving done? Any help would be much appreciated, thank you.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    No. You need the physical Serial #. You can not legally change the Serial # either.

You have to wait for the lower to do the form 1.

pilotguy

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Woodstock, MD
    You will have to wait until you have the actual serial number and put it on the form. I would wait until it was in my possession so that there could be no mistakes regarding the serial number.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    If you are doing this as an individual, you can get the MSP sign off without the serial number. You will need the SN when you submit to ATF.

ARenthusiast

Mar 17, 2012
    I am going the NFA trust rout, so from what I understand the MSP process is not necessary. I'm having a lawyer that specializes in NFA trusts write one up for me. Only thing is he's out of VA and I’m in MD. Says everything can be done electronically. Anyone have any experience with this? Or heard of the lawyer (Matthew Bergstrom) from (Arsenal Gun Trust)?

FHJ69

Mar 13, 2011
    Upper PDRMC
    Another piggy back form 1 question. I know there has been confusion in the past as to where what form gets mailed. I "assume" the BATF form 1 goes to West Virginia as it says on the form while the From 4 goes to Georgia. Correct? Given that BATF has been screwing with the forms for caliber and such, I had to ask.

Thanks!

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Another piggy back form 1 question. I know there has been confusion in the past as to where what form gets mailed. I "assume" the BATF form 1 goes to West Virginia as it says on the form while the From 4 goes to Georgia. Correct? Given that BATF has been screwing with the forms for caliber and such, I had to ask.

Thanks!

The form has the proper addy on it. Upper right hand part of front page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Andre

Latest threads

Top Bottom