• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    I would believe that they are just caricature references. i live close to the Pa. line so a lot of people I know are from Pa. I am using them.

Thanks. I know the form doesn't explicitly say Maryland residents but I'm just breaking my cherry, so to speak, on this.

krucam

Ultimate Member
    IANAL, but DWI's are typically in Traffic Court, not in Criminal Court, ergo not a Criminal offense.

For the "alcohol use" question that is none of their business, I want to say a DUI within the last 5 years may DQ you during that window....can anyone confirm/refute that??

Elliotte

Ultimate Member
    Aug 11, 2011
    Loudoun County VA
    I looked at the list of Livescan places and it listed the MVA in Frederick, but not the Sheriff's office. When I went to get fingerprinted for my VA permit sometime last year they asked if I wanted ink or scanned fingerprints. Do they only accept the Livescan from the places listed, even if others can do it as well?

(Yes I'm trying to avoid the MVA, it's such a pain in the butt).

SkunkWerX

Ultimate Member
    Jul 17, 2010
    MoCo/HoCo border
    IANAL, but DWI's are typically in Traffic Court, not in Criminal Court, ergo not a Criminal offense.

For the "alcohol use" question that is none of their business, I want to say a DUI within the last 5 years may DQ you during that window....can anyone confirm/refute that??

Great questions, we'll probably need one of our real legal eagles to weigh in before we make a positive statement one way of the other.

PS: I tend to agree with the quoted thoughts. IANAL.

LCPIWB

Needs an avatar
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 17, 2011
    Underneath the blimp, Md.

I do not remembering putting that info (DUI, PBJ'd expudged 17yrs ago) on any forms when purchasing guns, and it has not bite me in the ass yet. But just wanted to be sure on the CCW app, considering they will probably looking for any excuse to deny.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    ok.. this thing about naturalized citizenship.. they require you to copy your citizenship paper.. but per the State Department and boldly written on the paper (from memory. will have to check it again when i get home).. NOT TO BE PHOTOCOPIED im screwed! :lol2:

SkunkWerX

Ultimate Member
    Jul 17, 2010
    MoCo/HoCo border
    color.. passport photo i think what mdsp is requiring.

I think that is the idea.
    When submitting NFA forms to the BATFE they require 2" x 2" photos, MD wants 1 1/2" x 1 1/2" .
    Guessing because they want it to fit on your permit?

edit: Just verified, a PassPort photo is 2" x 2" , MD states that they want 1 1/2" x 1 1/2" , always making it difficult!

SMPress

Apr 24, 2009
    Charles County
    I was arrested once in Texas, about 15 years ago, for drunk driving. I was taken to the station, blew under the limit, and was released, with no charges being filed. They just didnt have a field machine apparently. They did takle my stuff, and make me wait in a holding cell for a few hours before releasing me though. Since there were no charges, no ticket, never went to court, never needed a lawyer, or anything. Should I mention it on the application? I doubt anyone really knows, but will take opinions. I fear it may bite me if I dont list it, but fear it may Disqualify if I do...

Also, the sample form, from readingh above posts, was up, removed, and then up again, but I am still getting an error. Was it taken down a second time?

Thanks!
    Andy

Lex Armarum

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2009

Traffic offenses are still criminal offenses. Traffic court is still criminal court. The Court and Prosecutors merely distinguish the dockets based on the severity and type of the crime: simple traffic (usually no prosecutor), serious traffic (prosecutor), drugs, theft, etc. Nonetheless, they're all crimes.

bwags123

Jun 23, 2010
    Parsonsburg
    I do not remembering putting that info (DUI, PBJ'd expudged 17yrs ago) on any forms when purchasing guns, and it has not bite me in the ass yet. But just wanted to be sure on the CCW app, considering they will probably looking for any excuse to deny.

that is because on the firearms paperwork it only asks if you have been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor. ccw apps ask if you have been arrested, charged, and covicted. yes you have to put it down for a dui. i have one but was put on pbj therfore i was arrested and charged but never convicted. i put tha info down on my utah permit and got it so we should be ok. you can become a state police officer with it, dont see why it would matter for ccw

gsrcrxsi

Jan 15, 2012
    Baltimore, MD
    i fairly sure i know the answer to this, but im just double checking.

my brother seems to think that the total cost for the application is $500+, even though ive tried telling him its only about $125.

he says there are other fees associated with other requirements of the application process, but not apart of the application fee itself. he seems to think that you are required to take some handgun classes each in the $200 dollar range. im pretty sure hes wrong as i havent seen any mention to anything like that here or on the application itself.

also, im weary of if this ruling will have any effect on the chances of approval. the only reason i say that is because the whole court ruling ONLY centers around the G&S, however, the application still requires police reports etc, when applying for a permit for personal protection. has no one addressed this?

LCPIWB

Needs an avatar
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 17, 2011
    Underneath the blimp, Md.
    Traffic offenses are still criminal offenses. Traffic court is still criminal court. The Court and Prosecutors merely distinguish the dockets based on the severity and type of the crime: simple traffic (usually no prosecutor), serious traffic (prosecutor), drugs, theft, etc. Nonetheless, they're all crimes.

Thank you for chiming in...
    I will be honest about it and I will put down as many details(dates) as I remember (as it was PBJ'd and expunged, so it does not even come up on the Case Search).

Lex Armarum

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2009
    that is because on the firearms paperwork it only asks if you have been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor. ccw apps ask if you have been arrested, charged, and covicted. yes you have to put it down for a dui. i have one but was put on pbj therfore i was arrested and charged but never convicted. i put tha info down on my utah permit and got it so we should be ok. you can become a state police officer with it, dont see why it would matter for ccw

I support this message. Err on the side of disclosure. It only makes you look more innocent. If you feel like you cannot complete the application yourself or would like the assistance of a lawyer in preparing and submitting your application, please feel free to e-mail me through this website and we can talk.

FYI, my PM inbox is filling up quickly with the rate of PMs I am receiving. If you attempt to PM me and my inbox is full, please do not hesitate to send me an e-mail. I check e-mails frequently and should be able to respond within a reasonable time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom