• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HRDWRK

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Jan 7, 2013
    39°43′19.92216″ N
    I am looking for help with the Maryland W&C permit process since I live in Arizona but I plan to visit family in MD this year.

I have my AZ permit and I understand that MD does not offer non-resident permits, so I assume that I have to apply for a MD W&C permit in the same way as a MD resident, but living 2600 miles away presents some challenges. I've been doing some research and want to make sure that I am on the right path.

MD W&C Application - The application is completed on-line but If I remember correctly the Live Scan fingerprinting has to be done within 72-hours of submitting my application. Is this still correct?

Training - I believe I am exempt from the training requirements because I am a honorably discharged member of the armed forces. Is this still correct and do I need to somehow attach a copy of my DD-214 to my W&C application?

Fingerprinting - There is one location here in Yuma that offers Live Scan fingerprinting and I would have to provide the the LiveScan technician the following information:

Agency Authorization Number: 9400082484
    Agency ORI Number: MDMSP6000
    Reason Fingerprinted: MD Public Safety Article, Section 5-305

If I am missing anything please chime in and thank you for any help. It is much appreciated.
    Will you become a Maryland citizen?

Can a non citizen of Maryland get a wear and carry?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    You are correct on everything but finger printing. That must be done in MD

Actually, they must be done by a Maryland Based Livescan vendor . I am aware of such who cross the Stateline into WV and PA to physically take the prints , and upload thru internet connection .

tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    Actually, they must be done by a Maryland Based Livescan vendor . I am aware of such who cross the Stateline into WV and PA to physically take the prints , and upload thru internet connection .
    I thought that I could use a local Live Scan vendor here in AZ and provide the technician with the appropriate MSP agency numbers but I guess not.

Agency Authorization Number: 9400082484
    Agency ORI Number: MDMSP6000
    Reason Fingerprinted: MD Public Safety Article, Section 5-305

tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    Will you become a Maryland citizen?

Can a non citizen of Maryland get a wear and carry?
    To answer questions:

I was born and raised in Maryland but after retirement, I realized that I just couldn't stomach living there any longer because of taxes, politics, and gun laws. I did leave family behind and visit often, but when I do I would very much like the ability to defend myself.

Maryland does not offer a "non-resident permits" and people who do not reside in state must apply for a the same permit as a resident.

HRDWRK

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Jan 7, 2013
    39°43′19.92216″ N
    To answer questions:

I was born and raised in Maryland but after retirement, I realized that I just couldn't stomach living there any longer because of taxes, politics, and gun laws. I did leave family behind and visit often, but when I do I would very much like the ability to defend myself.

Maryland does not offer a "non-resident permits" and people who do not reside in state must apply for a the same permit as a resident.
    I understand now, that the way your doing it is the hoops Maryland has decided to do it.
    Goodluck.

Phoenix_1295

Creature of Life and Fire
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD
    Actually, they must be done by a Maryland Based Livescan vendor

Out of curiosity, where did you find a reference that a Livescan vendor is required to be in MD?

MSP’s website only lists MD vendors, but I didn’t see a reference that it is restricted to those vendors.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I checked with my source .

Approved Livescan Vendors must sign a contract directly with DPSCS/ CJIS .

There isn't a direct requirement they be in Maryland, but to date every such Vendor is and has been Maryland based .

My source sent links to various regulations, but I'd have to fiddle with things to move between devices to repost links .

Added - Yes , the Approved list on the website is exclusively those . The fees involved are probably sufficient thar distant Vendors wouldn't make economic sense . But I suppose that a big time training facility near Maryland border that trains lots of Maryland students could deem it worthwhile at some point .

And for the record :

It's BS , it's harassment and infringement, I'm not defending it , just ( finally) reporting it .

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom