Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    I think this medical weed use is bull to start with. There's noway anyone is going to convince me there is not another way to deal with whatever it is ailing someone. I've got a drug addict brother with a card, just another way to get drugs.

Medical weed isn't bull. There's plenty of people that genuinely benefit from it. Noww.... I also know a lot of people with green cards that got them "for anxiety" or some other made-up reason to be able to purchase weed within md's laws. However I'd like to point out that if your drug addict brother with a card is using it to buy drugs from a dispensary, he's not obtaining them illegally from a narco-gang on the black market. If he's going to be into drugs either way, this seems like the much safer way for him and for society as a whole.

As far as guns & weed...people should be responsible, held accountable for their actions, and the government shouldn't become involved until someone's liberties are infringed on by another person.

Moon

M-O-O-N, that spells...
    Jan 4, 2013
    In Orbit
    If one knows (and who doesn’t?) that it is illegal to smoke weed and possess firearms... and they choose weed... they have infringed themselves of the right to keep and bear arms. The government did not do that.

One cannot violate federal laws and still expect to be able to continue to share in the rights which other non violators enjoy.

Where is the Constitution is the federal government given the power to create a law banning the smoking of pot?

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Where is the Constitution is the federal government given the power to create a law banning the smoking of pot?
    I’ll try to answer your questions...
    “Where is the constitution?” Are you asking about the location of the COTUS?

Then...
    “is the federal government given the power to create a law banning the smoking of pot?”

Or was that all one question?

Show your pot to the nearest federal drug enforcement agent and ask them.

Otherwise... look no further than The COTUS, Article 1; section
    8.1 The Congress shall have the power...
    (continued)...
    To make all Laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into Execution the foregoing Powers, and all other Powers vested by this Constitution in the Government of the United States, or in any Department or Officer thereof.
    So since the law was made by the Congress... and The COTUS says they shall do that...

I guess that’s what gives the Federal Government the power.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    That's what 80% lowers are for, no HQL BS required. 85 years ago anyone could buy all the machine guns and marijuana they could ever want. It's amazing how anyone survived.
    Marijuana prohibition like gun bans are nothing but fraud and made possible by ignorance, lies, and propaganda.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    I’ll try to answer your questions...
    “Where is the constitution?” Are you asking about the location of the COTUS?

Then...
    “is the federal government given the power to create a law banning the smoking of pot?”

Or was that all one question?

So since the law was made by the Congress... and The COTUS says they shall do that...

But... But... We are all Article 4 Free Inhabitants, aren't we? :rolleyes:

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    RD, I am only quoting you to ask a general question and not add to the argument.

In Edgewater, on route 2, across from the friggin Giant! A brick and mortar store, should not be hard to catch. :lol2:

Why is the law not being enforced? My only guess is big $. Sorry but I find this dilemma comical. Argue on my friends.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    RD, I am only quoting you to ask a general question and not add to the argument.

In Edgewater, on route 2, across from the friggin Giant! A brick and mortar store, should not be hard to catch. :lol2:

Why is the law not being enforced? My only guess is big $. Sorry but I find this dilemma comical. Argue on my friends.

And they sell Halloween pumpkins at a stand behind the pot store. Condition the kids.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    And they sell Halloween pumpkins at a stand behind the pot store. Condition the kids.[/QUOTE
    Hahaha, it gets better. They are good/ok at marketing. I need a pumpkin, can I walk into this pot store? with my luck I would be on youtube walking in ... in real time!

Anyway, this is a topic which provides a good break from all the political crap, now which pumpkin do I want?

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008

The same place where "it's totally constitutional for the government to force you to buy a health insurance product"....the tax code.

Screen Shot 2018-10-20 at 07.41.39.jpg

Now that the government is able to tell you how you're not allowed to hurt yourself with things it claims are bad for you, we've logically moved on to restricting soda sizes. There's a strong argument to be made that refined sugar is a much bigger societal health threat than marijuana. Statist folks saying government should be prohibiting us from using marijuana should have zero problem if the government bans refined sugar "for the greater good".

That all said...the law is the law and free people must choose what they wish to do with that knowledge. Liberties we're allowed do not always match up with freedoms we feel we are born with(look at the 2a for example). As free men and women, we can choose to disregard laws we feel are unjust...but you've got to expect legal consequences as the result of making that choice. Our founding fathers surely didn't expect to toss off the tyranny they denounced without consequence. So, regardless of whether or not you believe the laws we have should exist, don't do the crime if you're not prepared to do the time.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    Baltimore is an international port city. It is where sailors and degenerates go to drink booze, buy and sell drugs, and get laid. Marijuana was decriminalized in the 70's here. Shmoke lost his reelection because he wanted to decriminalize hard drugs, too. As a result we had two decades of a renewed war on drugs with the end result of having the highest per capita heroin use in the U.S. (Although, I think I read we lost the "Heroin Capital" title to some Ohio town last year.)

Kids in Baltimore can get drugs easier than adults. The dealers aren't worried about some 13 year old running a sting operation for the po po.

Folks have every right to fear the government when it comes to guns, drugs and healthcare. There is no "common sense" when it comes to morality. Your definition of morality is based on your upbringing and personal beliefs. There will always be a national divide on the marijuana issue.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Is this load of horsepuckey still being shoveled?

Marijuana is illegal at the Federal level. The Feds regulate guns. Need anything more be said? If the Feds declare marijuana legal, guns and pot become like guns and booze.

Until then, hugs, not drugs.

If you're free to walk the the streets, you're free to have guns. If you're not free to walk the streets, no guns. That's my policy.

Of course the Feds have no right to regulate either but that is a totally different issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    This forum has always fairly questioned the Constitutionality of various new laws, this thread is questioning the Constitutionality of a firearms related law. I personally am paying attention as I would with any other investment. However, I'm sorry I missed the chance to be the original founder of the MDSmokers forum theory.:)
    No offense meant Mightydog, this will always be a controversial topic, I mean no harm and hope this thread steers away from belittling anyone with things like hmmm whats a good example ... oh personal grammar attacks. No fingers being pointed, trying to maintain civility.
    OK, I am prepping/heading to the range!! Have a good weekend everyone.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I think this medical weed use is bull to start with. There's noway anyone is going to convince me there is not another way to deal with whatever it is ailing someone. I've got a drug addict brother with a card, just another way to get drugs.

Absolutely. Do people really believe that there are suddenly hundreds of thousands of people who have a verifiable medical need for pot? Of course not.
    I can say that since MD legalized it, I smell it probably 2-3 times a week while I’m driving back and forth to work. (Beltway, 95, all over the Area) I’ve seen MANY people driving down the road with the window cracked smoking a joint. I wish these morons would get the fvck off of the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md

Yep, both my pill head brothers got their weed cards and now buy weed that’s supposed to be a better grade for other dopeheads and turn the profits into their preferred dope pills. They can’t od soon enough for me.

And since the drs found that I have cancer every one of them are pushing a weed card on me. I have to make an ass of myself to get them to stop pushing it on me. I have no need for it nor would I ever risk my 2a rights for anything ever.

Weed, alcohol, heroine, bath salts, meth, opioids,are all just a way to escape reality. I understand the draw but we would all be better off without them all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom