• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    MSI President Mark Pennak recently spoke with Fox45 Baltimore on how using cannabis for medicinal purposes denies the user their right to keep and bear arms completely.
    https://foxbaltimore.com/features/o...al-marijuana-an-illegal-mix-according-to-feds

BALTIMORE (WBFF) - Maryland’s medical marijuana users may have gained the right to use the drug, but as a result, their right to bear arms is taken away.

Buying a handgun in Maryland requires a visit to the state police website. Log on and answer a list of questions about criminal history, and possible alcoholism when one reaches a question added last year:
    Are you a legal user of cannabis (marijuana) for medical purposes or are you issued a valid medical cannabis identification number or a valid medical cannabis identification card?
    Answer yes, and join the 23 other applicants blocked from buying a handgun in Maryland because of medical marijuana.
    Mark Pennak is a former Department of Justice attorney, and president of Maryland Shall Issue. When he talks to gun owners, he finds they are stunned to learn that they must choose between their guns and medical marijuana.
    “Their attitude is, I need this. The doctor says I need this. It helps me, and you’re telling me I have to give up my guns or I can’t buy another gun?” Pennak says.
    That’s because medical marijuana is illegal under federal law, and the Gun Control Act of 1968 says one cannot buy, or continue to possess, guns while using marijuana.
    Drug Counselor Mike Gimbel supports the restriction, citing marijuana’s effect on decision making and motor skills.
    “Anyone who has ever gotten stoned, think about it. Do you really feel you were able to handle a gun? I don’t think so,” Gimbel says.
    Pennak, the former DOJ attorney, says only an act of Congress will allow for gun ownership while using medical marijuana.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    As much as I am for legalizing drugs and taxing them. I always had a inkling that the leftists would figure out a way that would weed a gunowner here and there from the group.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Drug Counselor Mike Gimbel supports the restriction, citing marijuana’s effect on decision making and motor skills.
    “Anyone who has ever gotten stoned, think about it. Do you really feel you were able to handle a gun? I don’t think so,” Gimbel says.

Uh... and what about alcohol?

This will be the case if and until Weed is removed from the Illicit Narcotics Schedule. In my opinion if using weed is a negating factor in owning firearms, so should USING (not just abusing) alcohol...I've never heard of an instance where someone got all smoked up and shot up a bunch of people...can't say that about booze...

Which is why am abusive alcohol habit is also a prohibiting factor.

But USING weed in any amount is a negating factor...ABUSING alcohol is different than just plain use...if it were to be a fair comparison using (not abusing) either should be a negating factor.

It's easy to tell if someone has used weed..it remains in your system for a few days up to several weeks after use (depending on dosage) whereas Alcohol is in and out within a few hours.

Not even close to a fair comparison.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Which is why am abusive alcohol habit is also a prohibiting factor.

But USING weed in any amount is a negating factor...ABUSING alcohol is different than just plain use...if it were to be a fair comparison using (not abusing) either should be a negating factor.

It's easy to tell if someone has used weed..it remains in your system for a few days up to several weeks after use (depending on dosage) whereas Alcohol is in and out within a few hours.

This. Should have been clearer. Thanks, Muleskinner.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    This will be the case if and until Weed is removed from the Illicit Narcotics Schedule. In my opinion if using weed is a negating factor in owning firearms, so should USING (not just abusing) alcohol...I've never heard of an instance where someone got all smoked up and shot up a bunch of people...can't say that about booze...

Yups all around.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    So judging by what I see trending here , recreational alcohol and weed smokers should be allowed guns so I assume recreational bath soaps, meth, and heroine users should also be trusted with guns also?

If that’s the case then there’s no way to stop crazy folks from having guns until they kill a school full of kids, you know cause there recreationally crazy until their not?

I am just wondering is there an actual stopping point and if so what should it be on alcohol or weed or meth or crazyness that someone should not have guns?

Personally I think everyone should carry open all the time as a deterrent and let the chips fall as they may but sometimes I wonder if I am wrong.

So is there a point or time or reason to make a person no longer eligible to have or carry a gun?

I wonder about this now and more and more

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Is this load of horsepuckey still being shoveled?

Marijuana is illegal at the Federal level. The Feds regulate guns. Need anything more be said? If the Feds declare marijuana legal, guns and pot become like guns and booze.

Until then, hugs, not drugs.

So judging by what I see trending here , recreational alcohol and weed smokers should be allowed guns so I assume recreational bath soaps, meth, and heroine users should also be trusted with guns also?

If that’s the case then there’s no way to stop crazy folks from having guns until they kill a school full of kids, you know cause there recreationally crazy until their not?

I am just wondering is there an actual stopping point and if so what should it be on alcohol or weed or meth or crazyness that someone should not have guns?

Personally I think everyone should carry open all the time as a deterrent and let the chips fall as they may but sometimes I wonder if I am wrong.

So is there a point or time or reason to make a person no longer eligible to have or carry a gun?

I wonder about this now and more and more
    If you're free to walk the the streets, you're free to have guns. If you're not free to walk the streets, no guns. That's my policy.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Is this load of horsepuckey still being shoveled?

Marijuana is illegal at the Federal level. The Feds regulate guns. Need anything more be said? If the Feds declare marijuana legal, guns and pot become like guns and booze.

Until then, hugs, not drugs.

If you're free to walk the the streets, you're free to have guns. If you're not free to walk the streets, no guns. That's my policy.

And a good policy it is

It’s just sometimes nowadays I doubt myself and the way I have always thought

That and I think this radiation is causing me to have feelings, and to be honest , I don’t like it

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    I guess that is what the but is for in the 2 Amendment, oh wait I guess it got cut off it should have been "Shall not be infringed, but"

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/two-denver-deaths-tied-to-recreational-marijuana-use/
    In a separate case, a Denver man, Richard Kirk, 47, is accused of killing his wife, Kristine Kirk, 44, on Monday while she was on the phone with a 911 dispatcher. Police say he ate marijuana-infused candy and possibly took prescription pain medication before the attack, according to a search warrant affidavit released Thursday.

The affidavit states that Kristine Kirk told the dispatcher her husband had ingested marijuana candy and was hallucinating.

https://www.tulsaworld.com/news/cri...cle_33b31bef-80e5-55ed-9b4c-0313831c04ee.html
    Tulsa County prosecutors charged a man Monday with murder on allegations he shot and killed his ex-girlfriend’s boyfriend while smoking marijuana with him last week at an apartment complex north of downtown.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    MSI President Mark Pennak recently spoke with Fox45 Baltimore on how using cannabis for medicinal purposes denies the user their right to keep and bear arms completely.
    https://foxbaltimore.com/features/o...al-marijuana-an-illegal-mix-according-to-feds

We need to stop people with medical marijuana from buying cars, and getting driver's licenses too, based on Gimbel's logic!

Possessing a medical marijuana card, car and drivers license; creates constructive intent to cross state lines!

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    We need to stop people with medical marijuana from buying cars, and getting driver's licenses too, based on Gimbel's logic!

Possessing a medical marijuana card, car and drivers license; creates constructive intent to cross state lines!

I agree. They're too dangerous to be productive in society. People need less freedom! Let's disallow anyone who uses a prescription pain med from owning guns, driving, working, or really doing anything in public too. They can't be trusted. That stuff is dangerous! Put police in their homes to make sure they don't go anywhere!

/s

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    I agree. They're too dangerous to be productive in society. People need less freedom! Let's disallow anyone who uses a prescription pain med from owning guns, driving, working, or really doing anything in public too. They can't be trusted. That stuff is dangerous! Put police in their homes to make sure they don't go anywhere!

/s

Wasn't there a thread earlier about blocking people with certain prescriptions for owning guns? Seems like a slippery slope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom