• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Jealous will win because of apathy for Hogan, I don't care how many points Hogan is ahead.

This vote for Governor is not for 2A, its for redistricting in 2020. I would prefer Hogan not jealous to handle the redistricting. MOCO, PG and BC should not be deciding who gets sent to MGA for other counties

Every vote in every election is for 2A. The rest is simply noise if presumably free people do not have the ability to defend themselves. The 2A is the linchpin that guarantees our ability to exercise every other single right we have, enumerated or otherwise.

Every hit the 2A has taken since its inception has been tiny bit by tiny bit, here and there. The grabbers will eventually have it all because far too many people are willing to vote for the lesser of evils. Every election, the Buckleys point out that A is LESS evil than B. I counter that both A and B are still EVIL and therefore not deserving of our support.

We shouldn't be surprised that the narcissistic egotists that run for office are all too happy to shit on us if they can get away with it. Hogan's political calculus says that he doesn't need us, so he shit all over us with bump stock/ERPO bills. I was disappointed, but I was not surprised.

I will not vote for gun grabbers. Hogan gleefully signed legislation to restrict my rights and took pictures with enemies of our rights while doing it.

Hogan can kiss my ass.

Last edited:

altima98

Apr 6, 2008
    Every vote in every election is for 2A. The rest is simply noise if presumably free people not have the ability to defend themselves. The 2A is the linchpin that guarantees our ability to exercise every other single right we have, enumerated or otherwise.

Every hit the 2A has taken since its inception has been tiny bit by tiny bit, here and there. The grabbers will eventually have it all because far too many people are willing to vote for the lesser of evils. Every election, the Buckleys point out that A is LESS evil than B. I counter that both A and B are still EVIL and therefore not deserving of our support.

We shouldn't be surprised that the narcissistic egotists that run for office are all too happy to shit on us if they can get away with it. Hogan's political calculus says that he doesn't need us, so he shit all over us with bump stock/ERPO bills. I was disappointed, but I was not surprised.

I will not vote for gun grabbers. Hogan gleefully signed legislation to restrict my rights and took pictures with enemies of our rights while doing it.

Hogan can kiss my ass.

Hogan would probably kiss your ass to get your vote he is a politician.

The reason why I say this election is not about 2a is because the only way you will get full 2a rights is leaving MD for free America. Outside of leaving MD, we can accept we lose our 2a rights in the near future or play the game of politics and put Hogan in so he can redistrict MD to be more republican friendly, especially MD district 3, and look to 2022 and 2026 to change the MGA so the next Republican governor doesn't not have to deal with Veto proof MGA

Make Maryland Great Again has to go through Hogan and all the R's in the upcoming election. Because Jealous and his friends will be coming for your taxes and guns if elected.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    I can’t believe people think Hogan’s able to do redistricting, mike and mike won’t allow it

The only way that happens is get rid of the dem majority and get rid of mike and mike

altima98

Apr 6, 2008
    I can’t believe people think Hogan’s able to do redistricting, mike and mike won’t allow it

The only way that happens is get rid of the dem majority and get rid of mike and mike

So then the only option is do nothing or leave MD...:tdown:

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    So then the only option is do nothing or leave MD...:tdown:

Just putting it out there do follks know how things really work

Hogan , if re-elected, gets to draw a map

Then mike and mike have to accept it

Then mike and mike get to do whatever they want and I doubt that includes hogan, unless hogan draws a map helping his fellow democrats

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    South Park had it right... it is a choice between a giant douche and a turd sandwich. I'm furious at Hogan, but not quite furious enough to vote for a Marxist who will actively work to ban possession of 10+ round mags, prohibit face to face long gun transfers, and regulate black powder guns and antiques like they were AKs.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    South Park had it right... it is a choice between a giant douche and a turd sandwich. I'm furious at Hogan, but not quite furious enough to vote for a Marxist who will actively work to ban possession of 10+ round mags, prohibit face to face long gun transfers, and regulate black powder guns and antiques like they were AKs.

Walking this forward four years, the GOP knows that as long as they run someone who is just right of Mao on firearms, it won't matter as long as the Democrats run Mao.

Dems get to actually run in the open about their want to grab guns, GOP can run whoever, as long as they aren't quite that bad.

More nibbles at the cake, more loss of freedom. How does this help us?

SCV/SAR Patriot

UNRECONSTRUCTED
    There’s already talk about a bill to strengthen the red flag law for next session and this is EXACTLY why we need to re elect Hogan so he can kill this horrible.....sign into law this much needed COMMON SENSE legislation so he can take credit for it and put another feather in his cap for future political aspirations. He already said in the “debate” that MD has the toughest gun laws in the nation but we need to do more (paraphrase)

altima98

Apr 6, 2008
    Just putting it out there do follks know how things really work

Hogan , if re-elected, gets to draw a map

Then mike and mike have to accept it

Then mike and mike get to do whatever they want and I doubt that includes hogan, unless hogan draws a map helping his fellow democrats

I read that If the state legislature does not successfully pass a joint resolution to redraw state legislative lines within 45 days, the Governor's plan becomes law. Its what happened when MOM was Governor in 2010, not sure it will happen this go. Also who knows maybe some of these gerrymandering case working there way through the judicial system will help out.

In any case wasting of a vote is just a waste

SCV/SAR Patriot

UNRECONSTRUCTED
    I read that If the state legislature does not successfully pass a joint resolution to redraw state legislative lines within 45 days, the Governor's plan becomes law. Its what happened when MOM was Governor in 2010, not sure it will happen this go. Also who knows maybe some of these gerrymandering case working there way through the judicial system will help out.

In any case wasting of a vote is just a waste

Who are you to judge what a wasted vote is?

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I bet the mods are saying, "Oh look, it's this thread again:rolleye12"

Before the lock, even though I hate seeing that picture of Hogan signing away due process, surrounded by the demanding moms, I DO hope he now waves that picture in their faces, saying, "I'm glad I still have your support, ladies!"

F5guy

Mar 27, 2013
    Annapolis
    Not to defend Hogan but aren’t his positions a simple calculation to get re-elected. If he went hard 2A he knows they would use it against him in this race and sway moderates towards Jealous and the party line. The amount of 1 issue voters has to be way less than the alternative. The big issue is how much money the national DNC will bring for Jealous but no matter what I’d be very surprised if Hogan loses. Economy is good, he says and does things moderates and Dems like so he’ll win. Voting against him based on this one issues is- well as the saying goes, cutting off your nose to spite your face. Then again they might get his high school year book out then he’s in trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Altima98 has it backwards on redistricting .

Governor puts forth his plan . If the MGA doesn't approve the Governor's plan within 45 day, the MGA is free to make their own plan with no input from Governor .

So Hogan could just be blown off by MGA if he puts in an actual representative plan , or he can submit a plan that is largely what the Dems want anyway so he can claim to be friendly and bipartisan .

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County

I can't believe I still watch a cartoon as an adult...but damn these guys are spot on with their "juvenile" form of satire:

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County

Governor puts forth his plan . If the MGA doesn't approve the Governor's plan within 45 day, the MGA is free to make their own plan with no input from Governor .

So Hogan could just be blown off by MGA if he puts in an actual representative plan , or he can submit a plan that is largely what the Dems want anyway so he can claim to be friendly and bipartisan .

Is there any reason, other than the fact that the current status pleases the crown, that our districts shouldn't just be our counties? Is that just too much Common Sense Gerrymander Control? :shrug:

altima98

Apr 6, 2008

Read section 5 of MD constitution, whats laughable is section 4

https://msa.maryland.gov/msa/mdmanual/43const/html/03art3.html

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Read section 5 of MD constitution, whats laughable is section 4

https://msa.maryland.gov/msa/mdmanual/43const/html/03art3.html

SEC. 4. Each legislative district shall consist of adjoining territory, be compact in form, and of substantially equal population. Due regard shall be given to natural boundaries and the boundaries of political subdivisions

Cute. "Compact in form" was apparently trampled to death by "due regard for the boundaries of political subdivisions". They got that done, in spades. Maybe not the way the masses might expect, given the wording, but, you know, lawyers . . .

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Ok so....

No different than voting for the Dim. Sounds like the gov has no power whatsoever. No equal branches. Just some more equal than others. Hate this effing state politics. Born and raised here in monkey county and gone to shiite real fast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom