• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Whatever you do , don't write in , vote for one of the Candidates on the Ballot .

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    What is the rational for this?

Candidates on a ballot will get counted and results released. If folks from both parties see an increase in votes for candidates in other parties on the ballot, they will take some notice.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/op...01-jealous-gerrymandering-20180928-story.html

We are 5 seats away from ending the veto proof majority the Democrats have.

We have a candidate for governor openly saying he will use the 2020 redistricting to ensure that Maryland has no Republicans in office.

I'm going to keep saying it. For me, that is a game changing statement. The messed up political districts in Maryland have hurt Republicans chances to do much in office. Now, we have a candidate saying he's going to make it even worse, while we have a Supreme Court that continues to twiddle it's thumbs when it comes to Democratic gerrymandering.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Writing in a random person is just political masterbation , akin to peeing yourself in dark colored pants .

Subtle and indirect as it is , voting for one of the two other candidates on the ballot would be a sign of acceptability of both major party candidates, and indicate the general direction that you think things should go instead .

3% of voters writing in their parents = absolutely nothing.

3% of voters voting for the Libertarian or the Green = Somthing ( that admittedly won't effect this race , but will be noticed by the respective Central Committes ) .

Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia
    Under its bylaws, MSI is non-partisan so we don't endorse anyone. But as someone who has spend a truly inordinate amount of time in Annapolis, all I can say is please don't make my job harder. It is quite hard enough as it is. Whatever else you do, PLEASE VOTE. AND THAT MEANS VOTE IN ALL THE CONTESTS.

That's why I posted it, even outsiders know we should still vote for Hogan. :thumbsup:

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    stay-poor-stay-vote-democrat-mgflip-com-22583647.png

Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    While Hogan may not be the answer, he is better then the other one that wanted to ban shotgun after the Annapolis shootings. Chris

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    Just as progressives walked the Democratic party to the left, we must walk the republican party back right. We can't go whole hog conservative in one go.

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    Just as progressives walked the Democratic party to the left, we must walk the republican party back right. We can't go whole hog conservative in one go.

Exactly! IMO, that has to start by getting rid of the veto proof majority in the MD General ASSembly as posted earlier in this thread.

Virgil Co.C

Aug 10, 2018
    Well as usual for me not who I am voting for but against. Cup half empty or half full . Voting against Ben Jealous (guess that’s how to spell his name) nothing good to say about the man . Hogan has to walk that line in Maryland. People hear complaining about Hogan , don’t throw vote away , I feel they will really be sorry if Jealous gets in. IMO.

altima98

Apr 6, 2008
    I just heard Barrack Obama will be supporting Ben Jealous, I am definitely voting for Hogan now. Because a Vote for Ben Jealous is a vote for Barrack Obama.:D

jhcrab

Jun 28, 2012
    Howard Co.
    Who would be hurt the most

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/op...01-jealous-gerrymandering-20180928-story.html

We are 5 seats away from ending the veto proof majority the Democrats have.

We have a candidate for governor openly saying he will use the 2020 redistricting to ensure that Maryland has no Republicans in office.

I'm going to keep saying it. For me, that is a game changing statement. The messed up political districts in Maryland have hurt Republicans chances to do much in office. Now, we have a candidate saying he's going to make it even worse, while we have a Supreme Court that continues to twiddle it's thumbs when it comes to Democratic gerrymandering.

+1
    A vote for any Democrat will be a slap in the face to everyone who has tried so hard to keep the Dem's in check. We have a chance to veto proof the GA; this wasn't possible 4 years ago. Look at how the political landscape is changing. Supreme court will be Conservative leaning for many years, maybe by 6-3, 50+ federal judges have been appointed by Trump with more to come and the economy is booming. This has not happened overnight; keep fighting the fight.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Not voting or even not being registered to vote is the slap in the face. I said it before and I'll say it again. The majority of people on MDS will not vote or are not even registered.
    As being discussed here, I don't think I have seen anyone here supporting Jealous. Jealous will win if people don't vote or are not registered. My write in should have no affect on the results as long as others vote. If it does, shame on Hogan.

altima98

Apr 6, 2008
    Not voting or even not being registered to vote is the slap in the face. I said it before and I'll say it again. The majority of people on MDS will not vote or are not even registered.
    As being discussed here, I don't think I have seen anyone here supporting Jealous. Jealous will win if people don't vote or are not registered. My write in should have no affect on the results as long as others vote. If it does, shame on Hogan.

Jealous will win because of apathy for Hogan, I don't care how many points Hogan is ahead.

This vote for Governor is not for 2A, its for redistricting in 2020. I would prefer Hogan not jealous to handle the redistricting. MOCO, PG and BC should not be deciding who gets sent to MGA for other counties

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom