• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    If that is the case, and I don't doubt you, then one would think that it wouldn't be hard to carry on your "worthless" permit inside your restrictions.

That being said, restrictions are no less unconstitutional regardless of your specific circumstances. I would strongly suggest that you bone up on the HPRB threads and attend a meeting or two.

It's worthless, IMO, because the activity is one I rarely engage in and thus for perhaps a few hours every couple months I might use it. At that rate, the matter of hours it might be valid aren't worth carrying to and from a single location.

If I could divine a reasonable case, I'd make the effort to appeal to the HPRB.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    It's worthless, IMO, because the activity is one I rarely engage in and thus for perhaps a few hours every couple months I might use it. At that rate, the matter of hours it might be valid aren't worth carrying to and from a single location.

If I could divine a reasonable case, I'd make the effort to appeal to the HPRB.

You win, your permit is worthless, I'm sure you won't renew it.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    The fine Sgt. said this stuff don't happen , police know to call the MSP before arrest or charges .

And I believed the Sgt. that was dumb of me . :innocent0;)

The article never says the man was detained or arrested by the responding police, yet he receives a notice of charges days later.

Can someone explain this to me?

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    You win, your permit is worthless, I'm sure you won't renew it.

Lol was this some attempt at an "own?"

I always renew it in case restrictions ever go away. Why wouldn't I? I had to conjure up the ridiculous reason it was issued to get it in the first place when it was worth something - before the criminalization of restrictions.

It's still worthless in its present form thanks to that FSA provision. Do you really want to argue it has some significant value in that I may carry a handgun to and from one location whenever I choose to transport the dangerous object it was issued to protect that I would only be realistically transporting during normal business hours?

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    The article never says the man was detained or arrested by the responding police, yet he receives a notice of charges days later.

I could not explain the logic because logic is not important here in Maryland , and you are right I did not see "Arrest" in the article .

But with that said the Bails Bondsman sure suffered the effects even without an arrest . I can not tell you how many times I had to take out the trash or stop by the store on the way to a job or to the office where "someone" could make an argument I was not on duty .

The whole permit restrictions is a way for the MSP & State to control or expand even more control over the peasants .

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Lol was this some attempt at an "own?"

I always renew it in case restrictions ever go away. Why wouldn't I? I had to conjure up the ridiculous reason it was issued to get it in the first place when it was worth something - before the criminalization of restrictions.

It's still worthless in its present form thanks to that FSA provision. Do you really want to argue it has some significant value in that I may carry a handgun to and from one location whenever I choose to transport the dangerous object it was issued to protect that I would only be realistically transporting during normal business hours?

I'm not here to argue at all. I made you aware of a way to get your restrictions lifted but you'd rather bitch about your permit being worthless. That's fine, you don't carry so you'll never end up like the subject in the OP.

vgplayer

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    King George, VA

I think I remember MSP testifying during HPRB that if stopped with a W&C permit they have up to a year(or more) to decided whether to prosecute if they believe someone on carrying outside the scope of their permit.

I believe it is one of the MSI youtube videos potentially this one:

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• dupe PD.jpg
      dupe PD.jpg
      19.4 KB · Views: 346

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I think the speedy identifying of a thread as a dupe is meant to prevent the duplicate thread from going on for too long when a conversation is already well under way in another thread. Cuts down on the clutter and the need to update multiple threads on the same topic over and over again, especially when there's relevant news to share on a developing story. Yes, the exception to this would be for WC-enabled users and WC-not-yet users, in which case ONE dupe thread makes sense.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    I'm not here to argue at all. I made you aware of a way to get your restrictions lifted but you'd rather bitch about your permit being worthless. That's fine, you don't carry so you'll never end up like the subject in the OP.

Do you bother to read what I write or is it easier to shovel the same shit you do every time?

Thanks for letting me know the HPRB review board exists - I heard about it the first time in 2009.

For our slower members, I'll repeat: I don't have a case for restrictions being lifted.

Clearly the expert on my situation is you - the same genius telling everyone else they had BGOS. Oops - I wonder if the guy that got charged carrying outside his restrictions swore he'd never be taken by BGOS

Must feel pretty good showing up MSP when they say arrests never happen while they're secretly reading and simultaneously lecturing others they are battered gun owners because they don't want to carry out of fear of arrest WHICH NEVER HAPPENS, amirite?

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012

What I think you are saying is... you are fine with your restrictions because you have no desire to carry anytime other than that one time each year you do that thing that you do. If that is the case... thank you for adding to the number of permits that are held by Maryland residents... and I'm glad that you feel safe all other times other than that one time each year you do that thing that you do. As for no case for restriction removal... you could not be more incorrect... I refer you to the OP... Not a sermon... just a thought.:)

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    What I think you are saying is... you are fine with your restrictions because you have no desire to carry anytime other than that one time each year you do that thing that you do. If that is the case... thank you for adding to the number of permits that are held by Maryland residents... and I'm glad that you feel safe all other times other than that one time each year you do that thing that you do. As for no case for restriction removal... you could not be more incorrect... I refer you to the OP... Not a sermon... just a thought.:)

Jfc how complicated is this:

No - not happy with the restrictions. Where did I say this? I never have. As for my safety, I'm not terribly worried in northern Baltimore county. Doesn't mean I think other people don't have reasons to fear for theirs.

Just because I haven't made some longshot bid to have them removed doesn't mean I'm happy. Of course the badasses here will say otherwise. I'm not wasting my time appealing the restrictions if I don't have a *plausible* argument for removal. If anyone thinks that meme-worthy argument people have been using will go unchallenged forever, ask the dude whose restriction removal decision is currently being litigated.

No doubt everything will be fine October 1 lol

CharlieFoxtrot

Industry Partner
    Sep 30, 2007
    Foothills of Appalachia

Non DV misdemeanor committed outside the presence of the police generally = no on scene arrest. There are some exceptions to this but most of the time either the police refer the victim to the commissioners office to swear out a complaint or the police get a summons for the Defendant to appear in court.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    Non DV misdemeanor committed outside the presence of the police generally = no on scene arrest. There are some exceptions to this but most of the time either the police refer the victim to the commissioners office to swear out a complaint or the police get a summons for the Defendant to appear in court.

The case search charge says the summons was issued on "probable cause" which is required before a summons will issue. I wonder how the commissioner made that determination without an on scene arrest? I.E., how did they make a probable cause judgment that the OP was carrying outside his restrictions? That's an element of the crime and the burden is on the state. Any clue? Did the OP "articulate" to the police how he was within the restrictions? (And hence potentially incriminate himself?)

CharlieFoxtrot

Industry Partner
    Sep 30, 2007
    Foothills of Appalachia
    The case search charge says the summons was issued on "probable cause" which is required before a summons will issue. I wonder how the commissioner made that determination without an on scene arrest? I.E., how did they make a probable cause judgment that the OP was carrying outside his restrictions? That's an element of the crime and the burden is on the state. Any clue? Did the OP "articulate" to the police how he was within the restrictions? (And hence potentially incriminate himself?)

No not without seeing the statement of PC filed with the commissioner. Commissioners do it all the time- they review the application filed by either the police officer or complainant and determine whether PC exists. On the form there is a section where the commissioner indicates which counts they find PC and which they don't. It is not uncommon for them to find PC on some and not on other charges but their main duty- besides determining initial bonds- is reviewing applications for PC and then issuing charges based on those applications.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom