• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Lol. We all know what these 80% er's are for. They're for when the party starts.

Surprise commies! We're still armed and outgun you!

I'm sure by "Party Starting" you mean a gathering of exuberant firearm enthusiasts looking to have lots of legal fun at a local range.

Because using 80s for any other purposes would cause Annapolis greater concern. Thereby spurring the potted plants to act against us more aggressively.

The same reason I prefer the term Firearm over Weapon.

MigraineMan

Ultimate Member
    Jun 9, 2011
    Frederick County
    Frosh said he supports efforts to ban 3D-printed and ghost guns.

These weapons can only be used a few times and are not traceable because they lack serial numbers, so they make good weapons for criminals and poor tools for self-defense, he said.

“If you want to a gun for self-defense purposes, you want one that shoots straight and operable and can fire more than a couple of rounds,” Frosh said.
    “It is not clear that many of these guns can.”

Uhm ... uh ... Frosh said WHAT?!?!?

I'm sure by "Party Starting" you mean a gathering of exuberant firearm enthusiasts looking to have lots of legal fun at a local range.

Because using 80s for any other purposes would cause Annapolis greater concern. Thereby spurring the potted plants to act against us more aggressively.

The same reason I prefer the term Firearm over Weapon.

I'm pretty sure he meant when the excrement hits the fan. Unless you are completely naive you already know Annapolis doesn't need "greater concern" to infringe on our rights...so the cryptic definition of "party started" isn't stopping a dammed thing...

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Lol. We all know what these 80% er's are for. They're for when the party starts.

Surprise commies! We're still armed and outgun you!

I actually enjoy making them, and with the right jigs, parts, and attention to detail, I can get a better gun than I can off the shelf. I mean, theoretically. I don’t want any 80%s.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010

Attachments

• 81qX3hzqJrL._SL1500_.jpg
      81qX3hzqJrL._SL1500_.jpg
      54.6 KB · Views: 661

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    And you watch...they'll word it to ban muzzle-loading parts kits, too. When we ran the numbers, you were literally more likely to be killed by lightning than killed with a muzzle-loader.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Or this from Amazon, there's different sizes from $12 - 25.These are the 1/4"

I have a set. Mine are 1/16” to be compliant with ATF, and still be small. They work well in aluminum. Haven’t tried them in steel yet.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I have a set. Mine are 1/16” to be compliant with ATF, and still be small. They work well in aluminum. Haven’t tried them in steel yet.

If I could ever get off my ass and load up that welder for you, we could try them on the 1911 frame.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    If I could ever get off my ass and load up that welder for you, we could try them on the 1911 frame.

I have a couple 1911 frames, just haven’t tried. Whenever you’re ready for the 1911’s I’m here.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    There is a real part of me that thinks I would be an amazing plaintiff in a case challenging this legislation if it passed. I've got both, and I would actually incur financial damage if I had to toss out my 3D printed firearms. But I'm also not convinced it would be a winner of a case - you'd essentially be challenging the requirement to serialize firearms or licensing requirements for manufacturing, and I don't think that's going to go well for us. Others may disagree, of course.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    There is a real part of me that thinks I would be an amazing plaintiff in a case challenging this legislation if it passed. I've got both, and I would actually incur financial damage if I had to toss out my 3D printed firearms. But I'm also not convinced it would be a winner of a case - you'd essentially be challenging the requirement to serialize firearms or licensing requirements for manufacturing, and I don't think that's going to go well for us. Others may disagree, of course.

We SHOULD be grandfathered but this is MD. I have $600 in my first 1911. More than that in jigs.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    We SHOULD be grandfathered but this is MD. I have $600 in my first 1911. More than that in jigs.
    Hell, I've got probably $1000+ in my Glocks, so I understand your pain.

The thing with this is, just saying "serialize your guns" does absolutely nothing for traceability. Like, who's gonna know what some random engraving on my gun means for who manufactured it? The only way it helps is if I have to register it with the MSP... and I suspect that's what Dumais is trying to figure out how to make work. In other words, the end game is registration.

Now, the good news is, you wouldn't have to be on the roster (probably) as is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom