• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    I completely agree with this. I don't think he will have a chance in hell running for anything else as a Republican.

He may be able to angle that he can "unite" the Democratic and Republican party but I don't think that will get him far.

In my opinion, the Republicans will never accept someone who has shown some Democratic streaks and same for the Democrats.

Republicans from free states already laugh at us over hogan and much more for our gun laws, we are a joke to free Americans so there’s no way he could get elected as a federal dog catcher

So he has to run for senate or as a congressman from md SO he had to push left hard if he’s re-elected because you have to be s granger to get a federal gig from me, hence my predictions for his possible next term. It won’t be pretty but he is one red couchy hair better than bj, but just a thin red one

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    Republicans from free states already laugh at us over hogan and much more for our gun laws, we are a joke to free Americans so there’s no way he could get elected as a federal dog catcher

So he has to run for senate or as a congressman from md SO he had to push left hard if he’s re-elected because you have to be s granger to get a federal gig from me, hence my predictions for his possible next term. It won’t be pretty but he is one red couchy hair better than bj, but just a thin red one

The rain tax made Maryland the butt of jokes all over the country too, which is why Hogan doesn't deserve credit for it's repeal. That one was getting repealed no matter who was in office.

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    The Governor has the authority to change what constitutes "good and substantial" reasons for a carry permit.
    It currently is entirely in the discretion of the Dept of State Police. There is no change to law required because the regulations do not define or specify in any way what 'good and substantial' is.
    It's a judgement call by the Secretary.

Regs:
    COMAR 29.03.02.03
    Eligibility.
    B. Investigation Criteria. The following areas will be a part of the investigation of every applicant and will be considered by the Secretary in determining whether a permit will be issued:
    (12) The reasons given by the applicant for carrying, wearing, or transporting a handgun, and whether those reasons are good and substantial; and

Law:
    PUBLIC SAFETY
    TITLE 5. FIREARMS
    SUBTITLE 3. HANDGUN PERMITS
    § 5-306. Qualifications for permit
    (a) Subject to subsection (c) of this section, the Secretary shall issue a permit within a reasonable time to a person who the Secretary finds:
    (6) based on an investigation:
    (ii) has good and substantial reason to wear, carry, or transport a handgun, such as a finding that the permit is necessary as a reasonable precaution against apprehended danger.

The Maryland Attorney General may be able to cause trouble, but it's not apparent he has the authority to sue the Governor, or have any real effect on how the Governors administration interprets or acts on regulations.
    Maryland Constitution, Article - V - Attorney-General

The General Assembly's Joint Committee on Administrative, Executive, and Legislative Review (AELR) does have oversight of the administration actions on regulations. The Democrats there would probably object to anything in writing, or a real change in policy by the State police. But all they can do is have a hearing, and threaten new legislation (i.e. define 'good & substantial').

Steve Waugh ? as in Senate

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Hogan will have no future in politics after his run as governor. I doubt the Dem voters will elect him as a senator, he's got no place in the Republican party as far as I'm concerned. He'll be a man without a party.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Hogan will have no future in politics after his run as governor. I doubt the Dem voters will elect him as a senator, he's got no place in the Republican party as far as I'm concerned. He'll be a man without a party.

I doubt Hogan cares. He was Trump before Trump- businessman turned politician, who will go back to real estate when hes done. People who let Jealous win are only punishing themselves, no one else.

East2West

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 20, 2013
    Nomalley, Nobama
    Packing to where exactly? Hogan will go back to real estate and being a multi millionaire with nice digs. The only people packing if Jealous wins will be the taxpayers like me who refuse to pay for Jealous $24 billion new handout scheme.

So the tax hikes would get you to leave, but the MGA passing more restrictive gun laws across Hogans greased desk wouldnt?

Hogans future aspirations will probably be to unseat Harris and screw the state some more.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    So the tax hikes would get you to leave, but the MGA passing more restrictive gun laws across Hogans greased desk wouldnt?

Hogans future aspirations will probably be to unseat Harris and screw the state some more.

What passed in MD was a lot better than what passed for example in Florida. Until the Supreme Court takes another case, laws are going to get more restrictive in Virginia, Pennsylvania, Colorado, Florida, North Carolina, lots of other places. Even Arizona and New Mexico. You cannot hide from more restrictive laws until the Supreme Court draws a line.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Anyone. At least he's better than Ben Screwed! We need to dump betrayers. If we just don't vote, Hogan may win. We need to send Hogan packing. Then we can float someone else.

Oops, you left something out there. Something very material and of consequence, I'm afraid. But you're not the only one, so don't take it personally.

What happens while Jealous is governor during the eight years between "Hogan packing" and "float[ing] someone else"?

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    The Governor has the authority to change what constitutes "good and substantial" reasons for a carry permit.
    It currently is entirely in the discretion of the Dept of State Police. There is no change to law required because the regulations do not define or specify in any way what 'good and substantial' is.
    It's a judgement call by the Secretary.

Regs:
    COMAR 29.03.02.03
    Eligibility.
    B. Investigation Criteria. The following areas will be a part of the investigation of every applicant and will be considered by the Secretary in determining whether a permit will be issued:
    (12) The reasons given by the applicant for carrying, wearing, or transporting a handgun, and whether those reasons are good and substantial; and

Law:
    PUBLIC SAFETY
    TITLE 5. FIREARMS
    SUBTITLE 3. HANDGUN PERMITS
    § 5-306. Qualifications for permit
    (a) Subject to subsection (c) of this section, the Secretary shall issue a permit within a reasonable time to a person who the Secretary finds:
    (6) based on an investigation:
    (ii) has good and substantial reason to wear, carry, or transport a handgun, such as a finding that the permit is necessary as a reasonable precaution against apprehended danger.

The Maryland Attorney General may be able to cause trouble, but it's not apparent he has the authority to sue the Governor, or have any real effect on how the Governors administration interprets or acts on regulations.
    Maryland Constitution, Article - V - Attorney-General

The General Assembly's Joint Committee on Administrative, Executive, and Legislative Review (AELR) does have oversight of the administration actions on regulations. The Democrats there would probably object to anything in writing, or a real change in policy by the State police. But all they can do is have a hearing, and threaten new legislation (i.e. define 'good & substantial').

Is this post a hint? Maybe helping with the 2a battle in the future carrier

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    m

Gun owners haven't done well at all under Hogan's administration. The HQL law is one of the most useless, repressive laws, making Maryland one of the worse states to live for gun owners. How itI'm simply beyond supporting someone just because he or she is a Republican. The Republicans of this state aren't organized. They don't know how they can use their power or influence. Hogan knows he can't be elected without the Democrats, but it's equally true that he can't be elected without the Republicans. That's why the Republicans of this wretched state need to get organized and use the power they have to reign in RINOs and to let them know that we'll settle for a Democrat over them.

He needs to go!

You do know the HQL law is Owemaoli don't you, Hogan had nothing to do with it.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    All in good time ...

Yeah, and Wikileaks has information on Hillary Clinton that will lead to an indictment.

If you have something, let us know. It may turn some of us around. PM me if you like.

If you can convince me that Hogan has our back on the 2A, will not fund free college and will not support the pre-existing condition clause of Obamacare, I'll pledge my vote for him right here and in every thread I've posted in.

Last edited:

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    He could have helped "not" defended it during the lawsuits.

The AG's office is completely independent of the Governor's office.

Besides... Frosh helped pass the FSA2013. Like hell he'd let anyone tell him not to defend his baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom