• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    ( Y'all think I'm joking, but I have been to a place where patrons checked their guns with the bartender .)

Last edited:
    nothing 80% requires serial number of any type as long as you don't build an NFA item. Just make sure you buy a quality jig if you're using a router/drill press. 5D is probably the best one out there right now. 80% arms makes a good one as well. If this is your first I suggest 2 things 1) do a LOT of research before you buy anything and 2) Buy a polymer 80% lower from Polymer80 and complete it. even if you have no plans to use it for a build, it's a great way to get familiar with the process and easier to do than a metal one. I did one and used it to build an AR22 for fun with a CMMG Echo 22lr conversion..It's accurate, reliable and cheap to shoot. Then do your aluminum lower..

Great thinking. I am glad you are confirming what I already did: purchased the pro from 5D and a DWP611...even 7075 is a cakewalk. I was initially thinking of doing a polymer first but I bit the bullet and tried my hand at aluminum. I figured the worst that could happen would be ending up with a cool, heavy Christmas ornament. A few 80s in and I can say I am extremely satisfied with the jig. Who do you think sells the cheapest , safety marked, anodized 80s? I've been using RightTo Bear, but I'm definitely open to alternatives...

Lol..it depends on the day and time..the prices fluctuate more than gas prices..I don't know if you use Facebook but their are several 80%builders pages and the manufacturers frequently post their bargains on them. Last ones I bought were blems @ $20 a pop. I figured out of 5 I would get 3 decent ones but the all 5 were in good shape, just small cosmetic issues that were easily covered with cerakote. .

holesonpaper

Mar 10, 2017
    Hazzard county
    Apologies but this thread confuses me. If you were to SBR you’d need to serialize which defeats the pupose of an 80%. If you want a SBR just buy a lower and do a form 1. If you want a goodie off the books, go 80%... What concerns me about this thread is the seemingly attempt to dodge certain laws...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom