• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Putting this up here and stickying it for when this garbage law pushed by Valentino-Smith and Dumais goes into effect. All who want will be able to share stories of what it was like for them or others to have property seized, be publicly humiliated in front of their neighbors, and have their ability to defend themselves taken away with no due process, because someone was willing to raise their right hand before a commissioner who isn't even a lawyer and pinky swear someone they disliked was dangerous.

Also use this thread to report stories of gun owners who were threatened with this law by people who disagreed with them or had a legal dispute with them.

It will make for good publicly viewable reading before the next election when folks can decide if they want to vote the people who supported this bill back in.

I will go first...
    Circa 2006, a jaded ex had my apt. Raided by BPD SWAT because I was suicidal (she lied). All of my guns were taken and my place was trashed.
    It took me 2 years, hundreds of dollars and countless hours to get my property back.
    I was never charged with a crime, nor sent for a mental evaluation.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Had a business friend next door to us , was going thru a divorce and when things got rough for the wife she said he was dangerous and they pulled his permit to carry and took his guns . He has since closed up shop and works for others now .

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    During my parent's divorce several years ago my mom lied and got an ex parte order against my dad for alleged domestic abuse. Charges were dropped and my dad was never taken to court. My father and I have the same first name, middle initial (different middle name), and last name. Whenever I purchase a firearm I am delayed by NICS for several days because of the ex parte my mom filed against my dad.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    My brother , on his first marriage & divorce . His ex decided and told him divorce is like a chess game , who ever makes the best move wins . Well while paperwork was in the court for an ex-parte we entered the home and got some of his personal belongings .
    She filed and said he was dangerous and had threatened her , well in court for a certain hearing he was arrested right before the hearing . He never lost guns at that point but it cost him 17,000.00 plus some private PI work that was done to get him cleared of all things .

Lies can be expensive .

IDFInfantry

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 21, 2013
    Nomad
    Just a quick note on this. I have heard of countless stories in Maryland where people have had their firearms seized simply based on hearsay! The fact is that this has been happening here in Maryland for a very long time, they are just now making it official that people have the right to report anyone that they fear or deem suspicious! Who the hell needs due process in a Commie State? Shame on Hogan! Shame on our elected officials! Shame on us for staying here and supporting these assholes with our hard earned tax dollars! I'm looking for a way out!

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Putting this up here and stickying it for when this garbage law pushed by Valentino-Smith and Dumais goes into effect. All who want will be able to share stories of what it was like for them or others to have property seized, be publicly humiliated in front of their neighbors, and have their ability to defend themselves taken away with no due process, because someone was willing to raise their right hand before a commissioner who isn't even a lawyer and pinky swear someone they disliked was dangerous.

Also use this thread to report stories of gun owners who were threatened with this law by people who disagreed with them or had a legal dispute with them.

It will make for good publicly viewable reading before the next election when folks can decide if they want to vote the people who supported this bill back in.
    :innocent0

Just a quick note on this. I have heard of countless stories in Maryland where people have had their firearms seized simply based on hearsay! The fact is that this has been happening here in Maryland for a very long time, they are just now making it official that people have the right to report anyone that they fear or deem suspicious! Who the hell needs due process in a Commie State? Shame on Hogan! Shame on our elected officials! Shame on us for staying here and supporting these assholes with our hard earned tax dollars! I'm looking for a way out!

The important thing to this is today, it was legalized.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Not that I am advocating but it almost would be better to "disappear" an ex...

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA

Yet, no one will be charged with filing a false report...

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Just wait till somebody files one of these against somebody, that the filer hasn't seen in 9 -12 months and lives all the way at the other end of the state, from the person she filed it against. Think it won't happen? It will, just give it time.

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    Just to clarify:
    I thought there was a clause saying that you can't sue a person who files a 1302 claim against you. Does that also include cases of fraud where it is clear the information was false?

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Just to clarify:
    I thought there was a clause saying that you can't sue a person who files a 1302 claim against you. Does that also include cases of fraud where it is clear the information was false?

That's true when the claim is filed in "Good Faith". Fraud is the opposite of good faith. But the law also requires the complaint record to be sealed, unsealable only with Good Cause. It creates a chicken and egg problem; without proof of bad faith to get the record unsealed, you can't get the records unsealed to find evidence to demonstrate bad faith.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom