• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rsj1231

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2013
    Harford County
    Made a purchase and submitted the form on 02/08 around 5PM.

Form updated on the site and said "Not Disapproved" on 02/12 but the status still said "Under Review".

Email from MSP received at 6AM on 7th day, 02/15, stating ND and could pick up from the dealer.

magnetic1

Jun 21, 2013
    Montgomery County
    That's something I havent seen before:

2/13/17: Date Form Forwarded
    2/16/17: Current Disposition Date : Initial Review Not Disapproved.

There is an "initial review" and a more subsequent later review?

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Hey everybody. I logged on to the system and it made me change my password. It said my password had expired.

I know I was one of the first to log onto the new system, so maybe it's something that's done every 6 weeks.

Anyone else?

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    That's something I havent seen before:

2/13/17: Date Form Forwarded
    2/16/17: Current Disposition Date : Initial Review Not Disapproved.

There is an "initial review" and a more subsequent later review?

If Not Disapproved with Initial Review, you are GTG.

If not Not Disapproved, it could go to a second review.

rsj1231

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2013
    Harford County
    Has anyone done a transfer at one of the barracks since the online form started? I want to sell one of my lower receivers but I'm not sure what the process is like now if we were to conduct the sale at the local state police barracks.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I got the fasted Not Disapproved yet. Submitted on 2-15 Not Disapproved on 2-18. Not bad. Too bad I can't pick it up until tomorrow, the 22nd.

Did anyone else have to change their password?

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Date submitted 02/16/2017 but it still says Under Review MDSP, guess I'll see what it says tomorrow.

If you click the print application to bring up the pdf file, you will see that it's already Not Disapproved, but they won't send you the email until after 6am on the 7th day. Standard procedure. You will wake to an email in the morning.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Like clock work. I receive my email this morning at exactly 6am. I am official Not Disapprove one more time. One police trade in Glock 19 gen 2 will be in my possession as soon as I hear back from John Lowe.

magnetic1

Jun 21, 2013
    Montgomery County
    If you click the print application to bring up the pdf file, you will see that it's already Not Disapproved, but they won't send you the email until after 6am on the 7th day. Standard procedure. You will wake to an email in the morning.

They fixed that w/ the update. Now it doesnt show Initial Review - Not Disapproved until day of pickup.

Mine showed ND, then the update happened and PDF then said Under Review again... now today (9th day) because of sunday/holiday, I finally get the email.

Yeah I got the email yesterday 2/23/17 not dissaproved.

Attachments

• GSG 1911.jpg
      GSG 1911.jpg
      72 KB · Views: 873
    Last edited:

gpfan

Dec 6, 2014
    Sykesville, MD
    Has anyone done a transfer at one of the barracks since the online form started? I want to sell one of my lower receivers but I'm not sure what the process is like now if we were to conduct the sale at the local state police barracks.

Yes, I've done 3 since 1/1/17. Jessup was extremely smooth process, another took a bit of time since they don't do them very often.

Here's the link to the User's Guide explaining the "Secondary Sale" process in detail: http://mdsp.maryland.gov/Organization/Documents/Licensing Portal - User's Guide.pdf

remodeler1

Jul 23, 2013
    Frederick
    Any ideas why I didn't receive an email with a pin# when I filled out the online app for a transfer at a msp barracks? No email, they didn't request the 10$ payment & after a week it showed not disapproved. I've done 2 other transfers with the new system at an FFL and received emails with the pin # & paid the 10$ during the application process. I'll probably call the licensing division tomorrow.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Any ideas why I didn't receive an email with a pin# when I filled out the online app for a transfer at a msp barracks? No email, they didn't request the 10$ payment & after a week it showed not disapproved. I've done 2 other transfers with the new system at an FFL and received emails with the pin # & paid the 10$ during the application process. I'll probably call the licensing division tomorrow.

I started the process for a secondary sale to be completed at the MSP barrack and I received an email with a pin# just after my application showed submitted to the application pool.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Hey everybody. I logged on to the system and it made me change my password. It said my password had expired.

I know I was one of the first to log onto the new system, so maybe it's something that's done every 6 weeks.

Anyone else?

Yes I tried to log in and had to update my password.

remodeler1

Jul 23, 2013
    Frederick
    I started the process for a secondary sale to be completed at the MSP barrack and I received an email with a pin# just after my application showed submitted to the application pool.
    Well, damn. Something's up then. The only odd thing about the transaction is that its a gift from the long term estranged wife. I did wonder if being a gift affected anything & whether we had to do a transfer since we're still legally married.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom