• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Merlin593

Mar 29, 2013
    Towson, MD
    I efiled my Form 1 to SBR my CZ Scorpion back on 5/27. Got my approval/tax stamp last Sunday, my brownells order came in Thursday with the stock and it got installed yesterday.
    I am pretty stoked. I finally can use this gun as it's meant to be!
    The upgrades and SBR process took almost a year but it ended up just like I wanted.
    What do you you think?
    Best,
    Jim

Attachments

• IMG_0154.jpg
      IMG_0154.jpg
      61.6 KB · Views: 577

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    looks pretty mean!

so how did that work? did you buy it as a short barrelled pistol and then you were allowed to attach the buttstock once you got the stamp?

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    Did you use an extender block on the stock? I'm curious how you got this to 29 inches, I gave up on these because I didn't think I could get it to a legal length with that short of a barrel.

Merlin593

Mar 29, 2013
    Towson, MD
    looks pretty mean!

so how did that work? did you buy it as a short barrelled pistol and then you were allowed to attach the buttstock once you got the stamp?

Thx. I bought it as a pistol (HQL required just like a handgun). Then I put a buffer tube/thordsen saddle on it (still considered a pistol) until the stamp came back. Then switched out the thordsen for the MFT stock.

Merlin593

Mar 29, 2013
    Towson, MD
    Looks good. Tell me what you had to do. 922 compliance? I want to make one of these, and get a 9mm suppressor.

Thx. 922r kits were available but there are so many after market parts now that count towards 922 compliance, CZ stopped offering the kits. Check out the CZ scorpion enthusiasts FB page. There is a pinned post that lists all after market manufacturers/parts.

Last edited:

Merlin593

Mar 29, 2013
    Towson, MD
    Did you use an extender block on the stock? I'm curious how you got this to 29 inches, I gave up on these because I didn't think I could get it to a legal length with that short of a barrel.

The Hera side folding unit attached to the adapter plate plus a 6 position buffer tube and stock just gets you to 29". You could always pin the comp to the barrel and gain another 1.5-2" if you didn't have the HERA. There are also stock butt pads you could add that provide additional length as well. Other stocks are longer too.
    Where there's a will there's a way!

Last edited:

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    The Hera side folding unit attached to the adapter plate plus a 6 position buffer tube and stock just gets you to 29". You could always pin the comp to the barrel and gain another 1.5-2" if you didn't have the HERA. There are also stock butt pads you could add that provide additional length as well. Other stocks are longer too.
    Where there's a will there's a way! ��

Ok, that makes sense. The big downside to this is that you can't put a silencer on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom