• Maryland DINO movement

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Seems to me it's more deliberate focusing on a fractional part of the picture and distorting that for fear mongering. That, and contradictory statements.

Paraphrasing a Chinese proverb: "A single drop of water hitting a boulder a million times will cut it in two."

Try to think about it.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    So what have you done lately? :innocent0

I have walked the halls of Annapolis with Jack McCauley. I thought nothing of it at the time, but looking back on it now, it was a pretty cool thing.

-----

These demagogues in power right now have no idea what they are facing.

We are The People.

wethepeople.jpg

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    I registered as a... de de de, can't say it but you know what I am talking about.

Anyone who thinks staying "Republican" will move Maryland in the right direction is kidding themselves.

You cannot win with a 2:1 majority. But you can work from within to bring down the machine.

I am going to work on my wife, my neighbors, and anyone who will listen. If you are worried about what the new lines will look like in 2020, due to your "false affiliation" you can change back after the election.

It is time to start working differently. Common sense went out the door a long time ago. We need to come at them sideways, as head on will never work.

Just join us.... DINO

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    Would it be such a bad thing to have a pro 2A democrat in Annapolis? I've testified for the last 3-4 years with 100's of others in this group. I've also been a registered Dem. since high school. Do you judge me by my party affiliation or by my deeds? If you automatically judge me by my party affiliation then shame on you. You should at least find out a persons opinions on topics before you judge. I don't like the Dems anymore than the rest of you. They DO NOT represent my views or opinions. Just sayin'

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Understood brothers.

Last time we didn't really know what we were doing and many had little hope.

This time, we've properly layed out our rationale and have a purpose.

Register as a democrat (DINO), vote against the incumbent democrat in the primary, then vote again in the general election for the most conservative candidate.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Here's an example where DINOs could have made a difference.

If 4500 of the 22,000 Republicans had registered as democrats and voted for Connie in the primary, the incumbent - Brochin - would not have even been able to run in the general election.

https://ballotpedia.org/Maryland_State_Senate_elections,_2014#District_42

District 42
    Democratic Party June 24 Democratic primary:
    Jim Brochin: 7,777 Approved - Incumbent Brochin was first elected to the chamber in 2002.
    Connie DeJuliis: 3,431

Republican Party June 24 Republican primary:
    Tim Robinson Approved
    November 4 General election candidates:

Democratic Party Jim Brochin: 23,976 Won
    Republican Party Tim Robinson: 22,409

Last edited:

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I did the DINO thing last election cycle, just so I could vote against Jim Brochin in both the primary and the general. For 2016, there are some powerful reasons to be able to vote in the Republican primary, so I may switch back to R. Fortunately, changing party affiliation in Maryland can be done quickly and easily, so DINO in 2018 is a distinct possibility.

I've been considering the same move.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I have walked the halls of Annapolis with Jack McCauley. I thought nothing of it at the time, but looking back on it now, it was a pretty cool thing.

-----

These demagogues in power right now have no idea what they are facing.

We are The People.

wethepeople.jpg

Commendable, but that comment was directed at robomints.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Here's an example where DINOs could have made a difference.

If 4500 of the 22,000 Republicans had registered as democrats and voted for Connie in the primary, the incumbent - Brochin - would not have even been able to run in the general election.

https://ballotpedia.org/Maryland_State_Senate_elections,_2014#District_42

District 42
    Democratic Party June 24 Democratic primary:
    Jim Brochin: 7,777 Approved - Incumbent Brochin was first elected to the chamber in 2002.
    Connie DeJuliis: 3,431
    Republican Party June 24 Republican primary:
    Tim Robinson Approved
    November 4 General election candidates:

Democratic Party Jim Brochin: 23,976 Won
    Republican Party Tim Robinson: 22,409

And that goes to show that EVERY vote counts.

When I'm faced with an unopposed D incumbent, I just don't vote for them.

My silence is a protest. Same tactics as the Chinese and North Koreans (and other totalitarian subject peoples) use.

Sthomas229

none
    MDS Supporter
    May 7, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    I think we all need to look at our districts and find someone to run against any dem incumbent. Look at who ran last election and contact them, see if they are planning to run again. See what you can do to help them. Put in some ground work early enough, and we may have a chance at flipping some seats.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Agree completely, but it doesn't bean they can't be done in parallel.

In our district I DiNO'd (with some support, but not quite enough), and also helped out the Rs.

One of them beat the incumbents in their own precincts, but barely lost overall. One of those Delegates seems to have decided to retire as a result of the pressure. Another will retire as a matter of course, I'm sure. A lot of opportunities here, in 2018, but a lot of work to do in the meantime.

Another, if he'd been able to mount a real campaign, would have beaten a long-timer. The incumbent here has recently switched to R.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    And that goes to show that EVERY vote counts.

When I'm faced with an unopposed D incumbent, I just don't vote for them.

My silence is a protest. Same tactics as the Chinese and North Koreans (and other totalitarian subject peoples) use.

Very true, Tim Robinson lost to Brochin by only ~1500 votes, thats only about 3% of the total vote. Brochin is very vulnerable in BOTH the primary and in the general election.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I think we all need to look at our districts and find someone to run against any dem incumbent. Look at who ran last election and contact them, see if they are planning to run again. See what you can do to help them. Put in some ground work early enough, and we may have a chance at flipping some seats.

Absolutely.

I listed several advantages to becoming a DINO, but I think if enough of us do it, our greatest strength will be removing some of the establishment politicians.

This is from Ballotpedia regarding the 2014 election:

Candidates unopposed by a major party
    In 10 (15.2%) of the 66 districts up for election in 2014, candidates from one major party ran for election. A total of 21 Democrats in nine districts and one Republican in one district were guaranteed election barring unforeseen circumstances.

At least one candidate from both major parties faced off in the general election in 56 (84.8%) of the 66 districts up for election.

Primary challenges
    A total of 72 incumbents faced primary competition on June 24, mostly in multi-member districts. Forty-three incumbents did not seek re-election in 2014 and another 26 (18.4%) of the current 141 incumbents advanced past the primary without opposition.

I know a few of us were in part responsible for one of these incumbents not running again. Several of us said in no uncertain (non-threatening) terms that we would pledge 100% effort to ensure they were politically opposed if they supported SB281 (FSA2013). And even after they voted for SB281 we reminded them that we meant what we had said, and even though the vote was over, we were just beginning our campaign to politically oppose that career politician. They announced shortly after that they decided to retire and spend more time with their family.

Last edited:

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    I have always been a democrat, registered as such when I was 18 because my parents were d and I voted for Carter. Figured it out pretty quick after that disaster. I consider myself a "Blue Dog" or "Reagan" democrat. I have no problem with liberals killing off their next generation in the womb, or self imposed population control of the low IQ voter (think "Darwinism"). I vote for the challenger in the primary, because they usually have less of a anti 2A record and will be less likely to be elected that any incumbent. I even voted for obumer over hillbilly in the 08 primary, my mistake, because I didn't think he had a chance in HEdoubleL in the general election against a true American like J. McCain.

What really pisses me off is the outright Jerrymanding of districts to nullify the western conservative counties.:mad54:

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Ted, I hear you.

The gerrymandering should be criminal, they are literally stealing the election, undermining due process. Hogan is trying to fix it, the establishment democrats in power want him out of the way so they can keep tweaking and gerrymandering. MikeMiller's district keeps biting into more and more of the naive PG county voters. He's taking away votes that other democrats need, but he's running it, so what can they do. Many of the young democrats are idealistic, they start off trying to do what they think is right, and that often disagrees with the established old-school dems. So far, they have all caved. Virtually no chance to break this vicious cycle.

As I see it our only way to stop this is to remove (by voting) these crooked politicians; and our best chance is during the democrat primary, where only ~1 in 10 potential voters bother to vote. In many cases we are just a few thousand votes from knocking them out.

Help spread the word.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom